News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We are Thankful as can be in Sharing # 473

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 20, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

It's all fun for about the first six months... then the poo-poo begins to have some odor in it.  Then it's no longer fun, it's a big mess.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

Happy Saturday! Wheeeeee!!

*complain*
*irritate*
*annoy*

Was that all I needed to do?  :laughhard:

John  :waving:

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 24, 2012, 05:58:22 AM
It's all fun for about the first six months... then the poo-poo begins to have some odor in it.  Then it's no longer fun, it's a big mess.

What kind of baby have you found that has non-stinking poo for 6 months?

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 23, 2012, 06:35:40 PM
Trying to find our way to lunch with Mini & Mrs.Mini!!!

And a great lunch it was.  GP is home to some of the kindest people in history.

And I just realized I dont remember if Seth has a nickname for Mellers Husband.  Get on the ball here man!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on November 23, 2012, 08:23:26 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on November 23, 2012, 06:35:40 PM
Trying to find our way to lunch with Mini & Mrs.Mini!!!
:sadbounce:
I got the stude running, but the fuel pump has lost its prime. It'll take a bit more tinkering before it's drivable. I got the house cleaned up, and took the time to shorten Rusty's shift lever which I've needed to do for a while. Now, I'm moaning about my back again and lazing around.. :P

I invited you.  Just remember that!  :ugly:

And awesome on the stude!  And even better on Rusty.  Now I can drive him without having to completely move my leg for 1st and 2nd gear.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on November 24, 2012, 12:34:51 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on November 23, 2012, 07:22:33 PM
As of tomorrow, I am disowned by my family.....

Does this mean you will officially be up for adoption? If so, I GET FIRST DIBS!!

:beret:

I was gonna comment on Bheathers post, but then I saw what Sipper posted.

Mammy Sipper, you dun earned a bless' yo' soul on that one.

And Miss Bheather:  I dont understand why your family treats you like trash.  'Cause its obvious to me (and many others on here) that you are a treasure.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

So sweet.  Heather you are surely loved.  Jesus fills in the gaps.

Thanksgiving was awesome.  Lunch with the Porters was fantastic!  We could easily have visited longer.  Nathan said as we were leaving that we need to just come for a visit so we're not all so exhausted and short on time.  And he wants to meet Roscoe.  Chel should come too and do a photoshoot of the guys.  I already have an idea.  They could be "working on cutting a tree down" Nathan and Jeremy working the 2 person saw and Roscoe underneath with an ax and an ornery grin.  LOL  Oh and they should do a human triangle!  hahahaha If you guys did that, you could make it the GP Christmas card to send out that year.

Today my great Uncle passed away.  So I'll be heading up north to Iowa soon.  It's only been a few years since my G'ma passed away right after Thanksgiving and it was a bit hard last night to not get choked up for a minute so today I'm kinda feeling a mess.  Such is life, I know. 

We're supposed to go get a tree today but on the way home from OKLAHOMA there was a deer in the middle of the road already dead and by time we seen it we couldn't swerve. I'm sure it was left there for someone to take home for Thanksgiving but they should really consider us city folk.   :hypocrite:  Nathan said it knocked something on the underside of the car. So he had to take it in this morning. 

I think I'll fill out Christmas cards!  (:

Heather

Now that I'm on my laptop I can really type out what's been on my mind for years and I feel as though was confirmed through a dream I had the other night.

I was the result of a teenage pregnancy. Abortion was an option but mom went through with having me, marrying my father, and consequently passing me around to whomever would raise me until I was 4 years old. So pretty much I wasn't wanted. I wasn't planned. I was just consequences that were now part of their lifes. At age 6 my parents had matured, taken to at least keeping me during the week [I was spending ALOT of weekends with my aunt and uncle who had raised me for 3 years when I was younger whom I still love dearly], and decided to have another child. One they had planned on. One that they raised themselves while still shipping me off to random family and friends houses for the weekends and summers. Even back then my sister and I were treated differently. Now that we are older it's all about the fact that Paige is in college and 'doing something with her life'. I too would have went through college had it not been for my father's suicide attempt, mom having to care for him once he was out of the nuthouse, and me dropping out of school to work full-time, pick up a 2nd job, and put food on our table and pay the bills. No one in my family seems to remember that time of our lifes. It's like they have all chosen to ignore it.

Mom tried fighting with me yesterday. I told her sadly the situation is what it is at this point. Her retort was 'well you are what you are'. My reply 'what chances did I have?'

So now all my things are moved [including the Toph man who is currently kitty dancing on my feet] and as soon as I change over cell phones to Brandon's plan my family will have 1 month to change the AT&T account to their name or I'm turning all their phones off. [All 4 cell phones and dad's internet card are in my name because at the time the account was started I was the only one with good credit. I will admit I've thought to be mean and have them all turned off, but I'll give them a chance.]

Sorry to write a book. Just thought I'd give some backstory to the situation. This time I'm truly at peace about the situation. I will no longer let my family dictate my life. They have been a constant roadblock in my walk with God and how I live my life. From today on, no more. I've apologized to all of them and they chose to be mad at me for their own actions. So be it.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Saturday morning!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Wow, Heather. *HUGS*

Glad you have peace and have made some decisions. *'notherHUG*

Lynx

Glad you found a Brandon and his family.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

To borrow a Mel-type saying- I love my GPpeeps.  :P

I hate to post anything negative or down beat, but- If y'all don't mind, I'd appreciate a bit of a prayer if y'all get a moment. Today's the third anniversary of my Daddy's death and I'm missing him a tad more than usual today.
That and my back is giving me so much pain, if someone shot me, it'd be an act of compassion..
:waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Sadly my family used to always make me chose between them and my church family (or any type of church actually).

I'm very grateful for GPers and for Brandon and his dad.

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on November 24, 2012, 09:57:59 PM
if someone shot me, it'd be an act of compassion..

:fire:

I thought you'd never ask.

SippinTea

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 24, 2012, 12:47:40 PM
And Miss Bheather:  I dont understand why your family treats you like trash.  'Cause its obvious to me (and many others on here) that you are a treasure.

Yeah, that.

Quote from: Chseeads on November 24, 2012, 12:00:46 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 24, 2012, 05:58:22 AM

What kind of baby have you found that has non-stinking poo for 6 months?

It's not exactly that odd, CheeseHead. It's called a baby that's breastfed, and isn't on solid food yet.  :updown:

Quote from: Roscoe on November 24, 2012, 09:57:59 PM
To borrow a Mel-type saying- I love my GPpeeps.  :P

I hate to post anything negative or down beat, but- If y'all don't mind, I'd appreciate a bit of a prayer if y'all get a moment. Today's the third anniversary of my Daddy's death and I'm missing him a tad more than usual today.
That and my back is giving me so much pain, if someone shot me, it'd be an act of compassion..

Roscoe... I'm sorry. Praying God's comfort and peace for you. I've been Nana unusually much this week (maybe 'cause of Thanksgiving??). It's not fun to miss somebody you love very much. I hope you have the comfort of seeing your daddy again. If not... well, it's way worse to deal with.

In other random sharing...
Chris and I finally hung up some art/framed stuffs on our walls - a year and a half after our wedding. *lol* We also rearranged the living room earlier this week, and both of us are REALLY liking the new arrangement. It's finally starting to feel more like a HOME.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

Ah, so THAT'S why. 

Unfortunately kids don't usually reach the stage where you can potty train them before you have to wean them.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

I'm afraid you'll still be wiping booties for a while even after they're trained to go on the pot, anyways.

w2cch

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

"You wake up in an empty room, with a throbbing headache and no idea where you are.  The moonlight, what little there is, filters through a window with bars across it.  "Man, that must have been some party" you think to yourself, then you remember you don't go to that kind of party. 

Looking around, you see a note pinned to the wall.  It says "Get out if you want to live" and the words glow with a faint, pulsating light.  As you watch, the words slowly start swirling and fading until finally there is nothing left but a blank piece of paper.

You shrug and head toward the door.  Time to figure out where you are and how to get back to the comfort of your own home.  As you go out the door, the hallway goes left and right.

To go left, turn to page 22.
To go right, turn to page 47.
"

Well the headache part is true at least.  I woke up with a sinus headache that I'm hoping will shut up and go away before church.  Aside from that, life is good. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

By the way, it seems I'm not the only one who passed up on  Black Friday shopping.
http://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2012/11/25
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Choose your own adventure!! Loved those as a kid.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on November 25, 2012, 02:19:49 PM
Choose your own adventure!! Loved those as a kid.
I haven't read one in years...
My back is still torturing me, and I'm back at work. :cry: That is all.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I'm going to visit a new church this afternoon. I've been watching some services online. Let's see how it goes  :cool: