News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Fourteen Hundred Ninety Two, Columbus Posted in Sharing 472

Started by Chseeads, November 05, 2012, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Jenn - We live an hour apart, and the difference in elevation is pretty significant. After all, Central Oregon is basically ALL in the foothills of the Cascades. So it really depends where you're at on the mountain the levels of snow you get. :)

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 09, 2012, 09:11:39 PM
SippinTea - So does that mean now is a good time for a new custom job?   :freaky2:

Any time before I'm huge pregnant. *grin* My due date is April 22, soooo.... assuming it's another large-ish project, the sooner the order is received, the higher the chance of me actually getting it done in a timely manner. :) Need another cape in another color? or did you have something else in mind?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on November 09, 2012, 10:08:18 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 09, 2012, 09:53:02 PM
I use garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, chili powder, eggs, tomato sauce, bread crumbs or oats or crackers and top with more tomato sauce with a little sugar added.

I can't remember how mom has always done them.  Been forever since I made and/or assisted with one....

Meat, oats, tomato juice, an egg, chopped onions, (can do chopped peppers too), salt & pepper maybe, I can't remember other spices....  Ketchup on top of it.

That sounds so simple.  Why am I paying $1.29 for a tiny seasoning packet?  LOL  I didn't think of using oats.  Would the old fashion oats work?   I just bought "winter savory" spice and have never used it before.  I actually thought "savory" spice meant like a poultry seasoning spice mix type thing.  Do you guys use that spice and would it be applicable to meatloaf?

This is kinda fun!  I think I'm just going to do my own, using the spices you guys say.  The worst it can taste like is a hamburger, right?  I'm also going to make it in muffin cups instead of a loaf.  I seen on pinterest and confirmed with someone else that this is a great way to make it.  It supposed to only take 15min. to bake.  I have the big muffin tins. 

I wish you all were coming over, we'd have such a fun time!

Lynx

Fuzzy:  Yeah, that sounds about right. 

Mellow:  The oats soak up the egg and keep it moist.

SippinTea:  Nothing at the moment, I was just picking.  I can't think of a thing I need at the moment.  Black and tan will do me for some while for capes... unless you can get some navy blue garbandine.   By the way, did Chel ever get her white cape with a hood?

Which reminds me, I never did post a pic of the tan cape.  It's almost cold enough to need it.  When I wear one to church I'll try to remember to snap a pic.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

I don't know if it makes any difference if it's old fashioned oats or quick oats....  We generally always have quick oats.

MelodyB

Headed to Pensacola with the rents. Lord, I said I'd NEVER take them with me again.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:waving: Morning, all....And since everybody's on a cooking kick-I made cinnamon rolls last night and they turned out heavenly.  :fork: I have one question- they seemed to be a little drier in places than I like, although that seemed to bother no one....Would putting a small dish of water in the oven while they are baking keep them from drying as bad? They were delicious,especially with the cream cheese glaze....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Covering them with melted butter before baking would fix that. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 10, 2012, 05:23:54 PM
Covering them with melted butter before baking would fix that.
Thank you, I will try that....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

About the same here....  Chey and I enjoyed a quick cruise to Petit Jean after dropping off a baked goodie for the pastor to sample, since he was whining by phone while I was baking about him not being invited to partake...

Then we came home and whipped up another quick batch of cinnamon rolls....once I try something, I have to get it perfect, then make another batch to ensure it wasn't a fluke or it will drive me nuts. Yes, I am weird.  :P
Since last night I just made eight huge rolls out of the batch- cut the dough wider than needed before rolling the cinnamon rolls, not thinking about how much they would rise before baking- I made a full pan of smaller rolls this time. Think this'll be the last batch for a bit. They're easy but time consuming to make.

Oh and if you ever want a Cadillac- just don't.  :mad: Lou's needs the sparkplugs changed. $400 or so at a dealer.. Not gonna happen. I'l change 'em. Got the plugs- they were reasonable, got ready to change them- you have to pull the dad-blasted intake manifold off to get 'em out. What kinda jackleg engineer thought THAT was a good idea?!? :reaction:
I told Lou that this was the final straw. I'm buying her a '65 Mustang with a straight six and an automatic. I can rebuild it with a 1/2 inch-9/16 combination wrench, a pair of pliers and a couple of screwdrivers. And it'll look better too.  :hypocrite:
This Cadillac is almost enough to make me want a couple of screwdrivers as well- the alcoholic kind. :laughhard:

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Caddys & the newer VWs are a pain to work on from what I hear.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 10, 2012, 08:32:18 PM
About the same here....  Chey and I enjoyed a quick cruise to Petit Jean after dropping off a baked goodie for the pastor to sample, since he was whining by phone while I was baking about him not being invited to partake...
*Psalm_97 immediately commences whining. 

Where are mine?!
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I am totally pumped.  Took a once in a lifetime picture today.  Went to a Mountian Man Rendezvous, and took a picture of a guy shooting.  Looked like a perfect shot, then I got home and realized I captured a picture of the bullet in mid-flight!

Here is the original (shrunk and cropped)

Here is the picture, zoomed and focused.  I have the bullet marked:

Its just a blip (and a grey bullet) but it was very cool.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I survived the trip to Pensacola, and got to hear a seminar bro Bernard taught. :) Enjoyed that part, and seeing my kiddos and some friends.

Kimber is on the way over and we are headed out for some girl time at Yamato...for some habatchi and sushi! WHOOT!

Then she is spending the night! YAY!

Lynx

Are you cooking the sushi on the hibachi or are you having sashimi?
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Chseeads

MelodyB

Wow. I don't even wanna say how much I ate tonight. Dear me. I think I gotta repent. :o

It was amazingly good though...but I may not eat again till next week sometime. :o

Chseeads

You're in luck!  Next week starts in like 42 minutes for you!

Melody

That was an exhausting wedding.   Went to clean the church at 8:30am, started "helping" with food which turned out to be me and another gal doing almost everything but not knowing what was supposed to be going on.  I do not want to do that again.  Wedding was at 4, well actually it started 40 min. late so...  sang in wedding, got to see a little bit of it before rushing out to finish and set up food.  Served with a few other gals.  Thank the Lord for my husband who pitches in and helps when I need him, he is such a good man, so my better half.  Got home at 8pm. 

Put the mumchkins to bed.  Prepped for company tomorrow.  Premade meat mix, cut veggies, made an Apple pie and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom and Febreezed the furniture in the living room.  With the wedding going so late, I just used the meatloaf mixes again.  BUT I am going to venture to do my own soon!  I wish you all were coming over tomorrow today.  Would the menu persuade you?

Veggie tray w/ jalapeƱo dip
Salad
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes-gravy
Green bean casserole (MY way)
Rolls
Apple Pie

Now if I can just remember to put the dough out to rise in the morning then it'll be all fine.  The only reason I do a veggie tray is that everyone's starving right after church.  It's the downside to eating at home rather than going out so a veggie tray or sometimes chips/salsa make the cooking not seem so long. 

Someone please remind me to not volunteer so much at the next wedding?  LOL

Lynx

For some of us it's natural.  At church dinners I'd feel weird if I sat down with a plate for too long.  Welcome to the club.   :cool:

I went up to Kentucky this summer to a friend's wedding, and I was just naturally part of the kitchen help at the reception - I mostly kept ginger ale and orange sherbet in the punch bowl, which kept emptying at an alarming rate.  Felt like I'd known those folks for years. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

So who's bright idea was it for us to sleep UPSTAIRS in a room that is FAR FAR away from a bathroom? And then to go out and eat and drink lots of sweet tea? Ummm I guess it was my idea? But dude...I won't be doing that again...that was a long torturous walk at 3am, and then again at 5am...

:flush: