In Fourteen Hundred Ninety Two, Columbus Posted in Sharing 472

Started by Chseeads, November 05, 2012, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

LOL  Tell us what it says when you read it please! 

The way they keep lowering the class line, I'm sure most will qualify for gov't healthcare/Obamacare.  It's just sad to me that the 93% of abortions can be funded by us taxpayers.  1% are only from rape and 6% from mother's life threatened.  There were 1.2 abortions in 2008 and of course that number has risen.  So any on welfare that couldn't get a free abortion before, will be able to in 14mo.

Roscoe

Quote from: ladyshep on November 09, 2012, 04:25:14 PM
Welp, NOT to get political or start a conversation, but I just ordered the book Obamacare survival guide on Amazon in hopes to make sense out of that complexity.

Nothing new here. Just popping in again. Kinda fun here.  :waving:
It is always fun. You have me harrassing folks, Psalms giving us fairly regular comics that are appropriate, and most importantly- WE HAVE MELLER GROWING WEED! :ugly: How could it not be fun?!? especially with the weed  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

Roscoe - I'm not sure that I ever reeeeally believed the guy was Santa, but it was a nice touch. I think the guy knew my mom was raising 3 kids and working more than 2 jobs sometimes.

I love how people here complain about not being able to get their work done but all they do is stand around and chit chat :roll:

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on November 09, 2012, 04:39:56 PM
Roscoe - I'm not sure that I ever reeeeally believed the guy was Santa, but it was a nice touch. I think the guy knew my mom was raising 3 kids and working more than 2 jobs sometimes.

I love how people here complain about not being able to get their work done but all they do is stand around and chit chat :roll:
It's awesome that the guy did that...there's a lot of struggling families out there, and whether it was the parent's fault and choices or not, the kids shouldn't suffer. Sadly, they often do. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

True. My dad was around and had us on the weekends but mom still had a house and all of us to take care of during the week and bought most of the school supplies.

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on November 09, 2012, 04:44:48 PM
True. My dad was around and had us on the weekends but mom still had a house and all of us to take care of during the week and bought most of the school supplies.
That is something I am VERY thankful for...I had my parents together my entire life until Dad passed three yeas ago. We didn't have much, but we had it together...and there was enough love between Mama and Daddy to keep things going no matter how rough.

kkay

Yeah, my parents were pretty close after their divorce. Mom was hurt ('cause dad left her for someone they worked with) but they both worked together pretty well during and after our school years. Dad usually had us on the weekends and took us on vacations during the summer. I think there was an official custody agreement but whenever he wanted us, mom usually didn't have a problem with it. Also, I think he was supposed to pay child support ('cause when he died mom mentioned it) but mom never made him pay it. He helped with school supplies and other stuff.

angel

Yeah, I'll let ya all know if it is worth the read. I heard it is a good book, we'll see. Yeah, and the statistics are sickining. I agree Mellow.

Roscoe, yep, sounds like nothing new here on GP! LOL But it is fun.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

kkay

Sitting here...waiting on the pizza. Haven't eaten today 'cause I only had a handful of each type of cereal and they wouldn't taste good mixed.

Roscoe

Quote from: ladyshep on November 09, 2012, 04:56:12 PM
Yeah, I'll let ya all know if it is worth the read. I heard it is a good book, we'll see. Yeah, and the statistics are sickining. I agree Mellow.

Roscoe, yep, sounds like nothing new here on GP! LOL But it is fun.
Fun and it keeps me semi-sane. I let all my crazyness out here. In person, I'm quiet, shy, respectable and loveable.  :hypocrite:

Lynx

About Santa:  My parents never did Santa, we knew where our presents came from.  They never preached at us about "what OTHER kids believe" or belabored the point that THEY got us the presents, we just didn't do it.  And if I had kids, frankly I couldn't see spending my money for what I think will please my children, and then giving credit to some fat guy in a red suit. 

I read in the news (front page yahoo news... what, they didn't have anything better to report?) where a couple of months ago some football player got in a lot of trouble with his fans because he mentioned that losing a game was "almost as disappointing as when I found out there wasn't a Santa Claus."  Big hue and cry from the parents.   :roll:

On the topic of finances, you should really read "Making Mammon Serve You."  I've mentioned it here before so that's all I'll say about that. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Quote from: kkay on November 09, 2012, 04:39:56 PMI love how people here complain about not being able to get their work done but all they do is stand around and chit chat :roll:

:spitlaugh: 

Oh hey Ruby!  Have you tried coconut milk for creamer before?  I have been thinking of you and what knitting creations you're working on for the holidays.  Are you all snowed in yet?

Do any of you make meatloaf with your own seasonings?  It's one of the few things I still buy a seasoning packet before cause everyone loves it.  I hate to waste that much meat if my spice blend doesn't work.  That's what I'm making on Sunday. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, salad, rolls, maybe homemade, some kind of dessert.

The Purple Fuzzy

I've never done meatloaf any other way.  I didn't even know you could buy a seasoning packet for it.

Chseeads

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on November 09, 2012, 06:45:52 PM:crazy:

Seth!  THIS is why you have so much work still to do... BOL!

:laughhard:

I'm going to continue to do nothing but sit around and chit chat... on my phone... in the grocery store line... in between errands... before I make dinner for the family and go to a wedding rehearsal to sing.  I'd get so much more done if I'd just stand her in line I'm sure...

SippinTea

MY - I've always used a meatloaf seasoning packet, but recently started wondering why I'm wasting money on them when I have all the spices at home.  :lol: Coconut milk for creamer... no, but I actually have some in the pantry right now, and that sounds like a fabulous idea! :) ToB is a bit slow at the moment, which is probably okay, because it's giving me a chance to work on a birthday gift for Jason (MY Jason - *grin* @ Elona) and maybe some stuff for Christmas when I'm done with that. I haven't seen snow at our house ONCE yet. :cry2: But snow is in the forecast for this weekend, so here's hoping!! I'm wearing wool socks that look snowy just to help things along. :lol: Chris and I have a running feud about snow. Often when I wear my snowflake socks, it ends up snowing. So if he sees my socks, he'll start on a (pretend) tirade about doing an anti-snow dance. :lol: The boys love joining into our goofiness, and generally side with me unless it's been too cold for too long and they're ready for sunshine again.

*randomly hugs Mel back* :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

kkay

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 09, 2012, 06:07:11 PM
Quote from: kkay on November 09, 2012, 04:39:56 PMI love how people here complain about not being able to get their work done but all they do is stand around and chit chat :roll:

:spitlaugh: 

Meant at work....yes, work :D

And the pizza was sooooooo good.

kkay

I really didn't mean that toward people on this forum. Meant the people I work with :p

T minus 30 minutes.

Chseeads

I never considered there being meatloaf seasoning in a packet either....

I don't even think we put anything in meatloaf but like salt and pepper or something....I can't remember. 

MsJennJenn

Ruby you live that far from Beth, that you don't have snow and she has oodles of it?

My Mom has never used a packet for meatloaf either. Not sure what spices she puts it in besides ketchup, salt & pepper though. haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Re: Meatloaf - I have never found any pre-made seasoning packet that was as good as what I do with my spice rack.  I would try this meatloaf seasoning packet once, but not with high hopes.

SippinTea - So does that mean now is a good time for a new custom job?   :freaky2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

It's McCormick & it's super yummy.  Idk how to duplicate it. 

The Purple Fuzzy

I use garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, chili powder, eggs, tomato sauce, bread crumbs or oats or crackers and top with more tomato sauce with a little sugar added.

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 09, 2012, 09:53:02 PM
I use garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, chili powder, eggs, tomato sauce, bread crumbs or oats or crackers and top with more tomato sauce with a little sugar added.

I can't remember how mom has always done them.  Been forever since I made and/or assisted with one....

Meat, oats, tomato juice, an egg, chopped onions, (can do chopped peppers too), salt & pepper maybe, I can't remember other spices....  Ketchup on top of it.