News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

No Big Words, Isaac, ol' son, because Roscoe's dense in SHARING 4-7-1!

Started by Roscoe, October 19, 2012, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Anything that means I have to change the KIND of food I eat is also cussing.   :nono:

Pass the brisket. :fork:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Curiously, I find myself in full agreement with Isaac.  :laughhard:
I've enjoyed a pleasant day....I went on a junkyard crawl which sadly, netted me nothing. I enjoyed a pleasant visit with Bro and Sis Papa, and highly recommended he wander back in here, which he said he would try to do. While there, I availed myself of one of the best cheeseburgers on earth- a Black Angus Smoked Cheeseburger with Bro Papa's own bbq sauce.  :fork:
I took advantage of this time to send a pic to Taco and Mini to advise them of what they were missing. If Isaac was a member of the 21st century with a smartphone, I would've tormented him too.  :P for some reason, I didn't torment Mel or Seth. Don't know why. Awful failing on my part, I shall rectify that mistake at the nearest available opportunity.  :biglaugh:
And Rusty had a bad taillight, so I fixed that today. Got to drive him around 60 miles or so, so it was a good day. Now we are fixin' to have fish fillet sandwiches and fries....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Shew....finally home from work.  Have a headache and feel like poototimous.

I may take a nap.  Need to tend fowl and such.  Gotta work tomorrow again.  Woe is me.  It feels so horrid....even though this is only 3 days of the week....  lol 

I feel like doody though, just tired and head ache and my belly feels bleh due to all that and such.... 

Lynx

Roscoe:  I will get a smartphone when they make one powerful enough to record 16 channels of audio at 96k, 32 bit quality from any audio interface.  Until then, smartphones have nothing I need or want.  :P

And rest assured, it will happen.  I give it three more years before they are powerful enough to do this. :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

Happy Friday everyone :hi:

To everyone frustrated with things like welfare, abortions, food stamps, etc... I'll just say it this way: thank you for helping to keep food on the table for my boys this year. :smirk2: Believe me, I don't like this arrangement any more than you do. In fact, I probably like it less. But I'm not going to grumble and complain at HOW God provided for us this year. The point is: He did. And it seems awfully arrogant of me to try to tell Him how I'd prefer He met my family's needs.

Seth, how's the ebay sales going for you? Mine have been really REALLY slow lately, and then just this week I've had a couple decent sized orders come through. So weird how it goes in waves.

My heart is absolutely broken for a good friend of mine right now. I hate those times when there is absolutely NOTHING you can say to help or make the pain go away. Some things can only be fixed by God Himself. And even that takes people working with him. And when you're talking about multiple people involved in a scenario.... well, sometimes one or two people get stuck with horrible garbage because one individual refuses to do things God's way. *sigh* I desperately wish there was something, ANYthing I could do. I'm praying, but that's really all I can do.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Roscoe

:hi: And Ms wooby, please let me clarify- I do NOT have a problem with government assistance when it is given to deserving people needing a hand up, not a hand out. Believe me, I know ALL about needing assistance. I usually don't talk much about the finances of my family when I was growing up, because my parents did the best they could. Like many people, they got dealt a bad hand of life.

My family was not always as blessed as I am now. My father, a man with a 3rd grade education, was a kidney transplant recipeant that was unable to work from about the time I turned 12 years old. He learned to read by going over the Accelerated Christian Education Paces I brought home from kindergarten.
And my mama didn't have a high school diploma. In fact, her most prestigious job was as a kindergarden teacher at our church's private school. She excelled at it. Her salary? My tuition. I grew up on "government cheese" and I am thankful that the program was there....it would've made a bad situation become alot worse to not have it.
No, I think the welfare program is a good thing- I just hate how it is being abused. Anyone can need a hand up. sometime, I might have to apply for assistance for my family. All of us in this economic climate is in reality just days away from hunger or homelessness.

...But I have family who live off of the system. The longest time some of them hold a job is for a couple of months a year so they can file income tax refunds and get unearned income credit......And all that is wrong with them is they are lazy.. And that's my rant/explaination. Please, no one think I am belittling you or think less of you if you are on a program.
Now if fifteen years from now you are still on it, and have not made any effort to improve your lot in life- then you might not like me. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Shrewby, I actually didn't list much on Ebay this year. 

I actually ran into our mailman in the grocery store this afternoon while I was doing cards and he was grocery shopping and he asked about my egg shipping, or lack thereof...lol

It was back earlier in the season the last time I listed anything.  I had less of some types of eggs this year than last, used more myself, sold local, etc., various reasons. 

SippinTea

Aw Roscoe, I wasn't pointing any fingers at any anyone here. I guess maybe it's a touchy subject this year for me. I've been given a whole new picture of life during the last two years or so. I suppose a lot of people have. I think swallowing my pride enough to actually go apply for food stamps was one of toughest things I've done in recent past. It felt like admitting I was a failure. Especially when so many people in line around me were flaunting iphones, ipods, ipads, and talking about where they're going on vacation or whatever. And then to feel like the people I had to talk to were assuming I was one of "those" people, and... eh, skip it. It doesn't really matter. But you're right - "All of us in this economic climate is in reality just days away from hunger or homelessness." That scares the socks off me. But at the same time, I think a whole lot of us are learning to rely on God in new ways. And that doesn't seem to matter what age you are or long you've known Him, because I've talked to people much older and wiser than myself that are learning new things about trusting God lately.

Cheese - Selling local is good. :)

Kaitlyn and I played three games of Carcasonne today. And are tied. So tomorrow we must do a rematch. And I shall win. By hook or by crook. :hypocrite: Oops! And I said that in front of Officer Bob. *grin*

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on November 03, 2012, 02:26:13 AMI do NOT have a problem with government assistance when it is given to deserving people needing a hand up, not a hand out. Believe me, I know ALL about needing assistance.

ditto.  And the same with health care.  There are times it is needed.  And while I believe it's the Church's job to help in those areas, it is what it is.  I was on Title19 for Andrew being born, and I was thankful.  As soon as we could, we were off that.  I was on WIC when the kids were little and I feel that's nearly the same thing as food stamps.  Gov't supplementing.  Ruby, I would be shocked if you ever alluded to wanting free things at others' forced expense.  You are not that type of person, and I thank you.  Also, there is a big difference to ME, between someone who is working, paying taxes but still struggling and needing assistance compared to the families where no one is working.  I'm sure Chris is bustin his rear to make ends meet as every good man does!

I don't think those who take issue with welfare are against charity.  Just the lack of wisdom in it's structure.

Melody

on a lighter note! 

We went to a surprise birthday party dinner tonight and it was a success!  We got him some golf balls but they were in a prank box.  He loves technology and when we saw these iDriver gift boxes, we had to use one.  He is so gracious, he simply thought it was a real gift not thinking it quite through... LOL

Lynx

Note the coffee cup in the other hand, extending the distracted driver stereotype.  It's the little touches that make that top picture a masterpiece.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

One of the things I was so worried about has been resolved...Somewhat.

One of my friends was missing for two days. He was finally found, but found in worse condition than we had hoped...please be in prayer for his FULL recovery. And please say a prayer for his family. His wife especially.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

I guess what bothers me the most is that when some people fall back into sin, and it's just a glitch, they come out of it...it usually only affects you and those closest to you. But when you are in some sort of ministery, and you fall bad enough to have reprecurssions, like being pulled from your ministries for a season, it doesn't just affect you and yours, but an entire church and community. All because of your selfish actions.

I am no where NEAR perfect. I don't claim to be. But I just don't understand the actions of others, especially when it DIRECTLY harms and has potential to destroy all the good that was previously accomplished.

God knows. And like all the other mess that has tried to destroy our church this year, we will make it thru this. It's just gonna take some time. Since I am pretty close to the situation and the people in it, I suppose I feel worse about it than others.

I slept some better last night, knowing my friend was alive and safe, but this morning feeling the pain again because of the long journey I see ahead. For all of us.

/early morning ramble.

MelodyB

Oh, and Kimber wasn't able to stay overnight with me, she wasn't feeling up to par, and she also had brought a visitor to church so she had to take them home after and couldn't stay. :( But we get to hang out some today, we are going on a Youth outing to the corn maze! Gonna be great!

Newsman

Howdy folks!

I hope everyone's weekend gets better! I just reead a small sampling of what I've missed.

John  :waving:

Lynx

The fried pies sold rather well at work.  There were only six left to take to the ladies bazaar. 

What's that?  What am I doing making fried pies (and sourdough bread) for a LADIES bazaar?  Beats me, but every year they make sure to ask me if my bread is going to be there.  And usually it's the pastor, assistant pastor, youth pastor and a couple of other guys cooking the turkey-and-dressing and all the other food for the lunch plates.  Oddest ladies bazaar I know of...  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Another wedding today.  There are 4 weddings in a row around here.  I'm glad they are all unique because I cannot afford to get gifts for them all.  Let alone all the showers.  One I wasn't terribly close to, today's couple is moving far away tomorrow so they aren't wanting to take a lot with them, next week's I am close to, the following week's I am not close to but Andrew is since it's a very young couple that was just in his youth group.  I thought spring was the wedding season! 

Heather

Slept in my new home last night. Packing up what I can to move over there today from my parents. I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!!

*HUGS* Mel
--and on a side note we FINALLY got the part for my car so it's paritally fixed. just need new tires and some more fine tuning and hopefully I'll make it to MS to see you--
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi: Lou and Chey are off to a wedding. I HATE weddings and funerals, and will skip one in a heartbeat, so I skipped this one. Still ain't figured this out- couple has lived together for several years, has a three year old son,does not attend church- and they're having a full blown dress-up-in-tuxes church wedding. Why?!? Never understood that....

I'm trying to decide what I'm gonna do. Don't have the money to do a junkyard crawl for parts I need, so that's out. I may wander back over to the bbq stand.... :fork:

Melody

I don't blame you Roscoe.  I like to see the pictures on FB, I enjoy the Apostolic weddings when I'm actually there in the moment.  But I dislike getting ready and going.  And like today and last week, I am without Nathan so it feels awkward going to all these weddings alone. Like our marriage isn't united or something...lol  Goofiness.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 03, 2012, 04:35:07 PM
I don't blame you Roscoe.  I like to see the pictures on FB, I enjoy the Apostolic weddings when I'm actually there in the moment.  But I dislike getting ready and going.  And like today and last week, I am without Nathan so it feels awkward going to all these weddings alone. Like our marriage isn't united or something...lol  Goofiness.
I guess I'm making Lou feel akward then.. :smirk2:
This one is- and I know this is about to make me sound like the worst husband ever- her brother's. He was raised in church but hasn't attended in several years. I don't dislike him- but we are not especially close either. He knows that I rarely do family events. I dunno, our entire "family" deal is weird. There won't be any offense by me not being there....we've not saw him, his bride to be or son in several months, other than once in the grocery store.
Her family is close- but not really, if that makes sense, and my family's closeness fell apart when Alzhiemer's took Mama out of it. Thus, the only family deal we have is one sister of mine and each other....Lou will go to get to gethers with her family, but they are rare too. Now thats clear as mud, I think I'm gonna wander a bit in Rusty. :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 03, 2012, 05:57:10 PM
Howdy.  Beautiful day here.
Yeah, what Fuzzy said.

All my pies sold, but none of my bread is selling.  Not because people suddenly don't like sourdough bread, but because there just are no customers at the Ladies Bazaar this year.  But it's a beautiful day anyway.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Roscoe, that's how I personally feel awkward.  Everyone's different.

Eat some BBQ for me!