News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

No Big Words, Isaac, ol' son, because Roscoe's dense in SHARING 4-7-1!

Started by Roscoe, October 19, 2012, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on November 01, 2012, 02:46:16 PM
Oh! So..I'm pretty new on my team. Well, 11 months in now but everyone else has been doing this for yeeears. But someone on my team actually asked me for tips on how to get all your work done on time. haha Guess they notice I always have my work done early :)

An old man at my first full time job told me "if you want to find the easist way to get your job done, find the lazyest person doing it. They'll know all of the shortcuts 'cause they don't like to work."  :laughhard: Maybe that's why they are seeking you out.  :hypocrite:
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 01, 2012, 04:00:00 PM
No.  They are giving folks free cell phones.
Free to them maybe- look on your cell phone bill. You will see a tax that goes to pay for them. Saw a video on it yesterday, which instantly made me pig biting mad all over again when I looked at my cell phone bill and found it...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Pig biting mad?  I'll have to remember that one. 

And yup, we're paying for their welfare cell phones.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on November 01, 2012, 04:08:26 PMFree to them maybe- look on your cell phone bill. You will see a tax that goes to pay for them. Saw a video on it yesterday, which instantly made me pig biting mad all over again when I looked at my cell phone bill and found it...

Yep, we are paying for them.  Often there are two taxes.  A federal one that goes to welfare people, and a Universal one that goes to illegal immigrants.  It's like a dollar something each.

And that is the point.  Kkay wants free healthcare cause she doesn't want to pay for things.  Which means those of us paying taxes are paying for others' healthcare. No thank you.  Please pay your own bills.  There is NO such thing as Free healthcare.  Somebody has to pay for it.

MsJennJenn

Well to me I guess, it's inevitable. Can you remove those taxes? Nope.
Might as well just pay it and move on. To me, it's not even worth the gripe.

*shrug*
just me
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 01, 2012, 04:24:20 PM

*shrug*
just me
Yeah, I pay it. And I move on. But it still irritates me when I arrest someone who has a welfare phone.....and another phone and I've arrested them for selling weed. And yes, I have done that. Those phones have been a thorn to me for a while- they actually started under President Bush, I believe, but their use has grown under President Obama. I was against them when the President I supported initiated it, and I ain't changed a bit under the President that I did not support.

I'm against the act not the President. If they feel the needy need a phone, I'd be in favor of it being a landline. Less opportunity for them to use it to run their criminal enterprises- not saying all needy are criminals...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

Roscoe  :pound: Not nice!

And - yes, the free phone for the needy is maybe not the BEST thing, but it still helps those unemployed to get a job and helps single mothers, etc. make sure they have access to a phone if something happens to their little ones. If you give someone a cell phone, it comes with voicemail. If you give someone a home phone, you'd have to make sure they have voicemail as well in case a job calls. All-in-all, I'd say I agree with it. It would just be nice if they had an actual "bank account" for it instead of charging everyone else.

Lynx

At the risk of getting on a brighter topic...  my peach stuff is turning out very good.  I have it on the stove now.  Mashed up peaches, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, orange juice concentrate. 

Might not even be any left to put in fried pies...  :fork:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on November 01, 2012, 04:56:07 PM
Roscoe  :pound: Not nice!

And - yes, the free phone for the needy is maybe not the BEST thing, but it still helps those unemployed to get a job and helps single mothers, etc. make sure they have access to a phone if something happens to their little ones. If you give someone a cell phone, it comes with voicemail. If you give someone a home phone, you'd have to make sure they have voicemail as well in case a job calls. All-in-all, I'd say I agree with it. It would just be nice if they had an actual "bank account" for it instead of charging everyone else.
:P :P

Yeah- I probably wouldn't be so against the phones if it were not charging me directly, without my consent...
Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 01, 2012, 05:27:34 PM
At the risk of getting on a brighter topic...  my peach stuff is turning out very good.  I have it on the stove now.  Mashed up peaches, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, orange juice concentrate. 

Might not even be any left to put in fried pies...  :fork:
I'm not a big peach fan, but that DOES sound good..

kkay

I guess there's a downfall to just about everything.

EXCEPT - the peach stuff. That sounds pretty yummy :fork:

I think it's gonna be baked chicken, roasted potatoes and mixed veggies for dinner. Gonna be a late dinner so I figured I shouldn't make it tooooooo heavy.

taco_harvell

The funny thing is those free phones were being given away long before Obama took office. He just started advertising them more.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

Yeah, I didn't know about them until recently.  I think the landline idea is great, Roscoe.  It's so funny how much people think they NEED and are entitled to. 
Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 01, 2012, 04:24:20 PM

*shrug*
just me

Do you mean the phone tax?  It's annoying but there's nothing we can do about it.  Or do you mean Obamacare?  That one is going to hit pretty hard.  More taxes leaves less money for extra offerings and contributing to church stuff, and going to events like the kids going to church camp. 

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

I think so yes.  There is an inherent need however, to not simply complain but reaffirm our understanding of injustices and think of solutions to validify our God given sense.  Otherwise we'll all just run around looking for free stuff at someone else's expense.  I worry more about those that don't care... until it affects them OR they care about other things just as unchangeable but gladly complain...lol

There's a lot of affects that go along with government health care.  The potential is frightening.  Do you think all Germans were just super evil and welcomed the euthanization of the mental and elderly far before they started targeting the Jews?  No, it progressed faster than what we see but that does not exempt us.

What's worse to me is for some even to act like nothing like that can happen here or happen before the rapture is naive at best.  The USA isn't exempt from anything else other countries, even Israel, has endured. 

MsJennJenn

I wasn't brought up to have a direct interest in stuff such as this. I wasn't dissuaded, but I wasn't encouraged either. So it's even now, not much a priority for me to find out my own information on subject matters such as these.

This is also why I don't complain - or try not to about issues I can't really control. I do believe our world will be in chaos, and things we'd NEVER though we'd see will happen before the rapture. His Word says so. But again, it's still something that I cannot control. I choose to just trust in God's Word, and what his plan is for our future. I believe things will happen according to his plan regardless of what we do. My goal is to just reach those who don't know God and live my life as He would have me, instead of focusing on inevitable political issues.

Just my  :twocents:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I voted today.

I start staying at my new home this weekend.

In the mean time I'm being mean and eating all my dads food.

That is all.

:cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

I don't completely disagree Jenn.  I go a bit back and forth.  I feel accountable to let my voice be heard on whatever level that it's listened to, from the lost to the government.  But I do believe God alone sets up kings.  How much power God gives us to affect our nation outside of prayer still seems grey. 

Roscoe

We are getting too serious in here.....even though I agree on the whole God establishes Kings thing.

In my world-  :clap: :clap2:  :clap: :clap2: I made it to my weekend! Ahhh....so happy. Gonna relax and enjoy some quality Roscoe and Rusty time, with added adventure courtesy of Bro Papa's BBQ stand. Only thing that would make it better would be to be rich, or failing that, having a sidekick to enjoy the day with.

Melody

sorry to be so serious!  I have so enjoyed all the conversations this election cause it's never gotten heated.  Sorry if it seemed heated, when others are, it's easy to read that into someone else's posts.

I'm so _all kinds of proud mama words_ of Andrew.  In his youth group, different ones are called on (if they're interested) to teach a little devotional.  His is next Tuesday and he told me today that the Lord's been dealing with him about Joy, and to talk about that.  I'm wondering if I can listen from the hallway.. lol

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 01, 2012, 10:13:26 PM
sorry to be so serious!  I have so enjoyed all the conversations this election cause it's never gotten heated.  Sorry if it seemed heated, when others are, it's easy to read that into someone else's posts.

I'm so _all kinds of proud mama words_ of Andrew.  In his youth group, different ones are called on (if they're interested) to teach a little devotional.  His is next Tuesday and he told me today that the Lord's been dealing with him about Joy, and to talk about that.  I'm wondering if I can listen from the hallway.. lol
Look at you, raising a little preacher man. :clap: I can see his testimony now....."raise by a mother who loves weed...."  :laughhard:  :P

And I enjoy the discussions, but I have really strong opinions on alot of political issues, I guess because I am around politics all day. I know others have different opinions, and I don't want to risk coming across as brash and arrogant. I'd rather never mention a political thought again than risk offending people here, who I hold as dear as life long friends, even if we see things polar opposite politically. After all, God's in control, and whatever happens, He will still be my provider and king- I guess I am on"GOD Welfare". And there's no place I'd rather be.
  That's why I try to watch what I say on political discussions.
Not to say I won't throw a comment in from time to time, I just hope anyone who reads anything I write knows that I am not attacking them personally.

Heather

We've been soooo sllooooowwww at work this week. Which means tomorrow I fear we will be SLAMMED. 1st Friday of the month. UGH.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

the older I get the more I realize it's true that it's a choice to be offended, Roscoe. 

I just can't imagine being offended by a gnome.

:hypocrite:

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 01, 2012, 11:07:12 PM
the older I get the more I realize it's true that it's a choice to be offended, Roscoe. 
True.
Quote from: MellowYellow on November 01, 2012, 11:07:12 PM
  I just can't imagine being offended by a gnome.

:hypocrite:
:pound: I'm sure this is correct.....if you are enjoying the herb, it's hard to be offended by anything.  :hypocrite:
But you DO have this hunger...... :biglaugh: and for what it's worth- A gnome?!? Come on now, can't I be an elf or a dwarf? Why do I gotta be a gnome? I don't have THAT bad an attitude!?! ( Well, maybe occasionally)
Quote from: HeatherB on November 01, 2012, 10:37:24 PM
We've been soooo sllooooowwww at work this week. Which means tomorrow I fear we will be SLAMMED. 1st Friday of the month. UGH.
I didn't realize veternarians had cycles and rushes like that....