News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 06, 2012, 06:02:55 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on October 06, 2012, 01:30:36 AM
Isaac...I have a 2008 HP laptop. Running windows XP media version.

My question for you is, in order to project the video and such onto a normal TV monitor, what kind of cable would I need?

I would look it up myself, but don't have a clue what to look for or how to word it.

Can you tell me?
A computer from '08 running XP Media Center?  Neat.  Be grateful it's not Vista. 

I'll tell you what you need, but first I'll tell you that you'll hate it.  Standard TV monitors are a much lower resolution than all but the oldest computer screens, so everything will look blurry if resized from your computer output to TV screen.  Of course if you have an HDTV that's a different story.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4779573&CatId=1430

Outputs as standard RCA or S-Video.  Most TVs will take one or both. 

I got another opinion from another geek, otherwise known as Rubys Brother David, and then I raided the youth room closet and found a VGA to VGA cord. It works beautifully! Clear non distorted screen! Now if only I knew how to transfer the sound to the tv. My speakers are not quite loud enough...

Roscoe

Quote from: kmymbir on October 06, 2012, 09:12:57 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 06, 2012, 09:06:57 PM
Quote from: kmymbir on October 06, 2012, 09:03:26 PM
.. this week is cruising the coast, I'm very excited about it, lucky for me I will be off on Friday and me and Jimmy are trying to get a small group to go with us. Seeing as we both just had a birthday we are celebrating together this week...

:eyebrow: Hmmm.... seems as if there *might* be a reason Lady Kmymbir has deserted us frequently in this past year, " having loved this present...er, world".  :laughhard:
Drat, and here I was being so careful, I guess you got me..
hehehe.. Jimmy is my friend I brought to church and got baptized..
Just so everyone is all up to date and I can answer all the questions I know is coming now.
:o  :o More info required....he's baptized, but has he got the Holy Ghost yet? How good of a "friend" is he? Is it serious?!? Does he work? What kinda job does he do? What level of education? Does he own his own car? House? Dog or cat person?  How old is he? Does he have any criminal background? Why have I not been forwarded his application to be your "friend"- he has to pass a background, you know? What's he look like? Freakishly tall, or a more moderate height such as I? Fat or skinny? Strong or weak? Does he like guns? If so, how good a shot is he? Does he hunt? Can he cook?  Dumb as a box of rocks or more intelligant, such as I? :hypocrite: And how serious is he?!? Answer me, woman!  :pound:

Just being my usual concerned self.. :hypocrite: :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

Roscoe has more than enough questions for all of us. And some of us *cough* Sir John *cough* just make up the answers without asking any questions. *grin*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Relax...he has passed the tests we gave him. He's safe.

MelodyB

And my potato stuff looks really good! Some of them are not done yet, but another half hour should fix that. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on October 06, 2012, 09:46:44 PM
Roscoe has more than enough questions for all of us. And some of us *cough* Sir John *cough* just make up the answers without asking any questions. *grin*

:beret:
:eyebrow: Wooby--- just 'cause I asked questions did NOT mean that I didn't already have answers in mind of my own creation.  :hypocrite: I just wanted to see how truthful her answers would be when meausred next to my own, infallible, created answers. :hypocrite:
Quote from: MelodyB on October 06, 2012, 09:47:53 PM
Relax...he has passed the tests we gave him. He's safe.
I still wanna see the background check. After all, I am a professional. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

taco_harvell

I read an article this week that said "baldness makes you appear taller". Which made me wonder how tall a couple of people really are. lol

Got through the two crazy days at work with only minor issues. Thanks for the prayers.

I worked so hard today that my brain quit functioning. I am one exhausted human being. I think I will go to bed and look over my message for tomorrow again in the morning. Goodnight folks.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Seth must have gotten all bumfuzzled by his visitor and forgot to lock this thread... probably will after church.

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on October 06, 2012, 09:27:07 PM

I got another opinion from another geek, otherwise known as Rubys Brother David, and then I raided the youth room closet and found a VGA to VGA cord. It works beautifully! Clear non distorted screen! Now if only I knew how to transfer the sound to the tv. My speakers are not quite loud enough...
Your TV has VGA input?  I didn't know that... Well, that makes it a lot more simple.  I didn't know they made TVs with a VGA in.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

RainbowJingles

Do any of my musical friends happen to have the chords/lyrics for the song "Touching Jesus (is all that really matters)"?

MelodyB

Yep. And it works wonderfully! I also found my aux cord and plugged it in, so now we ave sound thru the tv speakers.

We are watching The Green Mile currently.

sunlight

* sunlight just runs around hugging people for once.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy grabs a Chel hug

Your poor dogs are lonely.  They nearly knocked me over when I went out to check their food and water today.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Melody

I'm cracking up.  An older lady at church told a friend she almost looked elegant..   ???  LoL

People are so funny. 

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: sunlight on October 07, 2012, 01:38:11 AM
Is it all ok?
The short feeder was empty, so I added some.  Plenty of water.  They wanted attention.

MelodyB

I wish I could give them some. I bet they are so sweet!

The Purple Fuzzy

Whit would love you to death.  Sugar is unpredictable.

MelodyB

I love bigger dogs. It's little ankle biter ones I can't stand.

awilkes05

Quote from: kmymbir on October 06, 2012, 09:03:26 PM
I have a headache yet again.. this week is cruising the coast,

My goodness, I have heard SO much about this, this week. A lot of my customers are headed that way with their antique vehicles.  I have heard of so many names of so many vehicles that I didnt even know existed! Lol. Well, apparently they dont exist now, which makes them so popular.

I hear that it's a pretty big deal and that the coast is super packed due to people coming from all over the world to show off their vehicles. Anyways...hope you enjoy yourself! :-)
"Take me to that place Lord, to that secret place, where I can be with YOU.  You can make me like You."