News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

If ya'll don't mind pray for my back, it is stiff and hurting. I have eight hours tomorrow followed by a quick turn around to preach youth service tomorrow night. Also pray for the youth service. (more so than me even.)
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

*HUGS* Mel

Jason - did you do something specific to stress your back? or is it just protesting from long hours and working hard?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on September 27, 2012, 10:45:15 PM
*HUGS* Mel

Jason - did you do something specific to stress your back? or is it just protesting from long hours and working hard?

*seconds the Mel hug*

I think Taco's just been a' layin' on that back too much.... :P :P
:laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: SippinTea on September 27, 2012, 10:45:15 PM
*HUGS* Mel

It started hurting Saturday morning after a ten hour truck day at work Friday. Saturday I spent an hour crawling around cleaning drains and for the most part kind of hunched over working most of the day. Sunday I was standing for most of the day and it got really stiff. Monday I was off and tried to get it to relax to no avail and Tuesday started off unloading a truck at 5 am. So I think it is just a combination of the last week with a huge helping of stress thrown on top of it.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

kmymbir

I hate my birthdays!
I have been fighting with my family since I got up, got left at Walmart for over an hour, my phone got cut off, I didn't get to go to church. I sat home all day and cried my eyes out. Then my best friend was going to come see me but didn't because my family hates him. So now I'm crying again because there was not one ounce of happy in this day. I have cried all day. I give up I'm taking something and going to bed.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

And your other best friend had a bunch of stuff planned for you for church tonight and didn't get to come. :sadbounce:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

almondjoy

I was fortunate to be able to take the day off to spend with Chel.  Started off with a WONDERFUL breakfast of pigs in a blanket, hash browns and pumpkin muffins.  Then, we decided to head down to Cantril so Chel could have her first experience at the Dutchman Store.  She was also able to see her first Amish horses and buggies today.  I'm glad I was able to share that experience with her.  We came home and had left over chicken enchiladas for lunch before she had to depart for her next destination.

I must also say that the pumpkin bread that Melodya made was amazing!

MelodyB

I'm really discouraged right now. Two more people cancelled for helping us on Saturday. So that leaves me and my brother.

:frustrated:

Dad is liturally talking of dying. He is so down.

I am to the point where I can't take this anymore. It seems hopeless.

*sigh*

Heather

my work motto is just keep swimming. that and i've given up trying to be nice. i've embraced my naturally sarcastic side to deal with those morons....i mean coemployees...

mom is sick with a stomach bug. i kinda hope i catch it so i can NOT go back to work tomorrow. but then again tomorrow is all overtime pay for me after lunch. sigh.

The only thing that really bugged Brandon about church was the music. In churches growing up they were southern gospel through and through where his family went. We do more praise & worship with a couple black gospel thrown in. He's talking about coming every wednesday that he can and even his dad is now talking about watching the service online  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

Sometimes I wish I could help all my friends at the same time.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Melody

Quote from: almondjoy on September 28, 2012, 01:53:32 AMI must also say that the pumpkin bread that Melodya made was amazing!

That just made my day right_there.  *hugs*

Melody

Quote from: HeatherB on September 28, 2012, 02:23:04 AMThe only thing that really bugged Brandon about church was the music. In churches growing up they were southern gospel through and through where his family went. We do more praise & worship with a couple black gospel thrown in. He's talking about coming every wednesday that he can and even his dad is now talking about watching the service online  :cool:

I'm so EXCITED about what God is doing! 

The music.  You know, I have felt that way visiting churches that have all old or southern gospel music.  Yes, it's up here.  In the moment, either the church is letting God move, or they're not... the music becomes irrelevant. (although I've never been to a heavy metal or rapping service so not sure how far that statement carries) I've heard horrible solos, practically saloon old fashioned style hymnals, and rock-ish type music.  It isn't the style that's ever anointed.  I had a really hard time with the "white?" version of hymnals when I first started coming to church.  I practically thought it was dry and disrespectful.  So, if he's coming back, he'll get over the genre of music.  All it takes is God moving on him during one of the songs.. lol

almondjoy

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 28, 2012, 02:57:23 AM
Quote from: almondjoy on September 28, 2012, 01:53:32 AMI must also say that the pumpkin bread that Melodya made was amazing!

That just made my day right_there.  *hugs*

*hugs* right back at ya!

MelodyB

Quote from: sunlight on September 28, 2012, 02:28:30 AM
Sometimes I wish I could help all my friends at the same time.

ME TOO. I wish I was the one giving the help instead of needing the help.

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on September 28, 2012, 02:23:04 AM
my work motto is just keep swimming. that and i've given up trying to be nice. i've embraced my naturally sarcastic side to deal with those morons....i mean coemployees...
*Psalm_97 takes his glasses off, wipes them, puts them back on, looks again...

For a moment I thought that said "i've embraced my naturally sadistic side to..." and I almost fell off my swivel chair.   :o :laughhard:
Heather you're stronger than that, I know it.  Being sarcastic is easy to do (and so much fun sometimes...) and anyone can do that.  That's why it's called the low road.

In other news, I've had a good day.  Got my auto's oil changed and everything else checked.  Then on the way back through the neighboring town where my mechanic's shop is, I saw a thrift store I had never noticed before.  BANZAI!  I went in, found the music and wiped out all their christian CDs, 40 of them.  So today at work I've had a maaaaaaahvelous time sorting through them while I worked. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I accidentally posted this in another thread. Blah. I dislike mornings.

Quote from: MelodyB on September 28, 2012, 12:28:11 PM
I've got a huge knot on my neck. It's been there since Tuesday. I thought I just slept wrong, but this morning it's REALLY hurting. I can't move my neck much at all. Maybe it will pass but I'm not sure. I think now that it's stress related. After my bad night last night and the added stress, I think that has a lot to do with it. :smirk2:

I'm gonna try to have a good day today. I hope everyone else does the same.

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Gotta love family drama.. I'm abiding by my Facebook post tho. I won't talk about them. :)  I'm just going to pray for them. I'm most worried about Jeremy. This whole situation with them PLUS all the stress of our financial stuff, our house, etc., is just beginning to overwhelm him. He said last night that he feels like he's backsliding. I know what kind of heart he has.. and it's a big, soft one. He JUST got back into church last year and I hate to see something else hinder him. He blames God a little bit for everything that's happening, and.. of course.. with the family - who can you trust then? I'm praying that I can be an encouragement to him as well. I'm trying very hard to bite my tongue and keep a Godly attitude - for my soul AND his. Praying God can help us.. and get us through these things - never know what's in store! Looks like we might've should've moved to Arkansas instead of staying here in Illinois. We'll see.

In brighter news, my best friend (girl) is coming up tonight. She's staying until tomorrow late. I'm excited. I definitely NEED some "person I know instead of just someone he knows all the time" time, haha..

MelodyB

What is wrong with me today?!

Standing there, just standing, talking to Mom and Dad before I went to take a shower, and I had terrible back spasms. So bad I was nearly crying. Had to sit down for ten or so minutes in pain till they subsided enough for me to take a shower. Still hurting now. All I did was stand and have a conversation.

UGH.

I'm so tired of all these random pains.

Melody

Thought I'd post this here too in case someone enjoys it also as I did this morning.

"The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men." — Psalm 33:13

Perhaps no figure of speech represents God in a more gracious light than when He is spoken of as stooping from His throne, and coming down from heaven to attend to the wants and to behold the woes of mankind. We love Him, who, when Sodom and Gomorrah were full of iniquity, would not destroy those cities until He had made a personal visitation of them. We cannot help pouring out our heart in affection for our Lord who inclines His ear from the highest glory, and puts it to the lip of the dying sinner, whose failing heart longs after reconciliation.

How can we but love Him when we know that He numbers the very hairs of our heads, marks our path, and orders our ways? Specially is this great truth brought near to our heart, when we recollect how attentive He is, not merely to the temporal interests of His creatures, but to their spiritual concerns. Though leagues of distance lie between the finite creature and the infinite Creator, yet there are links uniting both.

When a tear is wept by thee, think not that God doth not behold; for, "Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him." Thy sigh is able to move the heart of Jehovah; thy whisper can incline His ear unto thee; thy prayer can stay His hand; thy faith can move His arm. Think not that God sits on high taking no account of thee. Remember that however poor and needy thou art, yet the Lord thinketh upon thee. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect towards Him.

Oh! then repeat the truth that never tires;
No God is like the God my soul desires;
He at whose voice heaven trembles, even He,
Great as He is, knows how to stoop to me.

-Charles Spurgeon

Leaves hugs and prayers for all my GP friends wanting them this morning.  God is faithful.

Lynx

It's the little things that make some people happy. 

Wonder how the reception is?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 28, 2012, 02:46:26 PM
It's the little things that make some people happy. 

Wonder how the reception is?

Well, judging from where her speech alludes... Somewhere she could say "More bars in more places."

Heather

Isaac - Sarcasm comes naturally for me. Seriously. If you are not sarcastic in my family by the age of 6 you're left on an island by yourself in the middle of the Atlantic. So it's not that I'm 'better than that', I'm falling back on survival instincts. If you actually knew me, you'd know I'm that way.

I've had a sinus headache now for about 2 weeks. And apparently it's taken it's toll on my appearance. I got sent home from work today because I look like a raccoon. You can always tell how bad my headache is by how black my eyes look. I look like I've been in a fight.

Mel-I woke up quoting Good Burger just so you know  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

I didn't say you're better than that, I said you're stronger than that.  I know what it's like to grow up around sarcasm, and it really is the easiest way.  I still have trouble with it in myself.
"Do you sing at church?"