News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

That BBW always leaves Gerbil sore, he tells all in Sharing 4-6-4!

Started by MelodyB, June 08, 2012, 02:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

I wish I wasn't such a nervous wreck.  I cannot relax and I have physical anxiety issues or something....urgh.

taco_harvell

Getting ready to go unload a truck then rush back shower and hit the road. Pray for me today!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Truck did now to clean up and hit the road to Verona to meet the District board. Pray I can stay awake I didn't sleep much last night..
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

Merning.  Hope today goes quick...buddy of mine is coming over with a new pistol and I get to go shooting!  :ugly:  Makes this country boy happy!  LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

We were/are supposed to get some rain but haven't seen any yet.  We need it.

MelodyB

We woke up to a flood here on Sunday. Our shed had an inch of water in it. It rained and rained and was supposed to rain all week. They have not built the ramp for dad yet cause of the rain and standing water in our yard. He is supposed to come home today. Dads "accessories" (wheelchair, walker, potty chair, and bath chair) were delivered yesterday...our house looks like a nursing home for real now. But I'm not sure how we are going to get him INTO the house with the standing water and no ramp still. Even though the water has gone down some.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Wait a minute, did I miss something?  Taco what's this about the district board?  You going for your license? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

That's no fun Mel!  I'm suprised you don't have some sort of drainage system.  Or is that not something people have down south?  I hope that's not an ignorant question.  But then again I was tickled pink when some southern friends that visited were facinated by basements. I've never lived anywhere that didn't have a basement. 

It's a lovely day.  My feet are actually cold but rather than put on footies, I'm going to go clean the church again for tonight's service.  7 baptised and 5 got the HG so far!  One little boy, it was so precious, he came up out of that water genuinely thankful and worshipping.  Later when he gave me a hug I asked him if he already had that HG and he said he did.  It was all over him!

Lynx

Some have drainage systems, some don't, depending on the terrain.  Where we live is on a really big hill, we never have major trouble with flooding.  Basements are also depending on area - but usually we don't.  We do have some storm cellars though, in case of tornadoes.  Nobody ever goes down there when there's a tornado watch though, so I don't know why people keep planting them in their yards.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

We don't have basements or storm cellars. Not really sure about the drainage system...

It thundered like crazy last night. Not sure if it rained...I don't think it did.
It was on the verge of sunny/cloudy when I came into work this morning. Not sure how it looks now.
I hope it doesn't rain...we're taking pictures tonight around some old trains/train tracks for Father's Day.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

MelodyB

We don't have a drainage system or anything...I don't really even know what you mean. And I've never even been in a basement as far as I know of. Lol

*shrug*

I'm at the hospital...waiting to leave with dad. Should be soon. 

Melody

A drainage system would be how your land is well, landscaped.  We have steep ditches sometimes at the end of yards or between the sidewalks and roads.  They scape it so that the water collects and runs naturally somewhere.  Usually a resevoir, ravine, into a stream or river or to farmland irrigation systems.

The Purple Fuzzy

My husband had never heard of a root cellar until the other day.  He asked me if I'd heard of them, and I said yes.  He wanted to know where I'd heard of them and it was mostly from books, I suppose, because I don't think I've ever been in one.

Melody

Really?  They are all over up in Iowa.  Used for Tornado shelters (like on wizard of Oz) and for storing produce.  The ground is a constant 58° at a certain depth, all year round, so you can keep things like potatoes and onions... ect, root vegetables down there without them going bad.  Usually there are some shelves built inside for things canned at fall too.  They used to be literally like a dirt cave but now they're usually actually built.  The doors lay at most a 45° angle.  You pull it open and there are stairs, not too many, down to the cellar.

Chseeads

Or they're not all made like that.

We have one, it needs repaired though....the "room" itself is okay, but the retaining walls in front are falling in.  You just walk straight into it into the hillside the way ours is.

Some of the old people where my dad used to farm on, their cellar had a shed on top of it, and you went down the stairs from in the shed to the cellar below it.

Etc.

Melody

Yeah, I always wondered about those, if they're as cool temp as the underground ones?

Chseeads

Well...they are underground....  :smirk2:  The entrance is just from a different angle.

MelodyB

I've heard of those. Never been in one.

And we don't have a drainage system here, too low. We are like at sea level living on the gulf.

MelodyB

Oh. I forgot to say that we are home now! Dad is back in his spot on the couch, and I made a nice dinner and we are all full and content. It's nice to have him home. :D

Now I'm headed to the church to do my weekly cleaning, and then life will be slammed into fast forward again starting tomorrow. Dad and I have to go run errands. He claims I'm his Right leg. Hehe.

Roscoe

Howdy!  :waving:

The swap meet is starting to fill up.....
I got the lawnmower fixed and mowed the yard- or rather, blew all my topsoil across what was my yard....it is WAY dry here.....the "good rain" we got last night wasn't enough to even wet the earth, it is so thirsty.

And drainage systems here are in town, but out here in the country, they don't exist. And I've never lived in a house with a basment OR a root cellar. They are rare these parts. A storm cellar, however, is easily found, although we don't have one.

And my last bit of sharing this post- I feel like I've been runned over. Walked all over the mountain then the physical labor of the yard work has truley kickethed my butt.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

It didn't have to lift its leg too high to do it either.  :smirk2:

:P

Asian people will not drive up our driveway.  :smirk2:

The Asian lady that gets eggs won't come up the drive way....  She ran off in the creek/ditch the last time...and then fell in it after she got the car out.  :freaky:  But she won't come up the driveway.  An Asian guy just came and got some birds, and he called from the end of the driveway asking where to park, I said you can come up the driveway....he said he'd just park down there. 

Strange phenomenon. 

MelodyB

Why? That's weird. Maybe it's rude to drive on other peoples driveways in their culture.

Chseeads

I have no idea.  Maybe they're frightened that if they get in they can't get out.

Chseeads

Everything is filling me with excessive anxiety the last several days.  I plan to work Thursday and Friday this week and the thought of it seems horribly daunting.  I feel like I can't breathe right all the time, when I think about it ("it" being how I feel in general), but if I quit thinking about it for a minute I'm fine....but I can't hardly keep from thinking about it.  It's maddening.