Everyone else was starting a bit late, so I went ahead and started SHARING 458

Started by Lynx, February 29, 2012, 03:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmymbir

My phone is dead, I forgot to charge it, on purpose. :-D I went to the track today and made 2 miles, I even ran a good bit of it, so I fill good (now that I can actually breathe). Just got the baby down, I am excited about this, I get some free time! :happy-dance:
I decided I will finish laundry tomorrow and read a book. I may even make something really yummy for supper!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

Cake in the oven. Now just waiting an hour for it to finish.

Ladies thingy tomorrow that the cake is for.

I love my little dancing chick! It's so cute!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

Howdy y'all!

Well... that's all I had to say.  So I said it.

Oh, and kmymbir... ACHOO!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: Newsman on March 14, 2012, 03:46:43 AM
Lunch in Ft Smith soon, Bob/Jeremy./James/Others?

I'm back.

John  :waving:

Ill actually be over there Sunday night... :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Man, I forever more have a craving for a Dr Pepper today.  I'm taking that as a good sign...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I have a couple of humorous stories to tell that happened to me just before bed last night. But it will have to wait. Dad and I are headed to grocery shop this morning, then I have a ladies meeting and gonna go home with Ann and hang out after that. So I'll post them later.

Have a great day today y'all!

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 14, 2012, 10:33:42 AM
Quote from: Newsman on March 14, 2012, 03:46:43 AM
Lunch in Ft Smith soon, Bob/Jeremy./James/Others?

I'm back.

John  :waving:

Ill actually be over there Sunday night... :ugly:
Sounds great to me- but not on sunday night.  I'm back at work.  :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Ok so, I have a few minutes to post my stories.

The plumbing has been being ok, and not causing any MAJOR problems right now, just little stuff, like bubbles. Lol I had loaded the dishwasher and turned it on. Then shortly after, I needed to use the facilities. So I'm in the bathroom, and all of a sudden, it sounds like I am in a pipe. Glug Glug Glug. The toilet started bubbling and making all kinds of noise while I was trying to use it! Scared me half to death! I got out of there quick! I had heard, and seen it bubble plenty of times but never when it was in use. It was an experience. (while I am typing this I can hear it bubbling in the bathroom right now. Lol)

So, then later when I was baking that cake, and I was in my room and I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye, I looked towards my headboard and there on the curtain, was a George. Let me explain, George is the name we have for those HUGE cockroaches that live in the trees. The big black ones, not the small brown house roaches. Ok so, George was crawling up my curtain and he got over onto the bedpost. I grabbed my flip flop and waited for him to be in position for me to whack him into eternity. I whacked, he moved, so I missed. He fell, unharmed and ran off under the bed. I was creeped out, but there was nothing I could do, so I waited for the cake to get done and then I went to bed.

I was very creeped out by this huge George being so close to my bed and me not knowing where he was exactly. But I turned off the light and settled in, being VERY VERY careful to go to sleep with my mouth closed...I just KNEW he would crawl in there if I left it open. So I am almost asleep...that spot where you are just starting to drift off, and I feel something on my arm!! It was George! I jumped up, and flipped on the light, and I couldnt see him in my bed, but I KNEW it was crawling on my arm! So I thought "great, I'll have to sleep with the light on" so still feeling creepy, I tried again to go to sleep. Light on. A few seconds later, I could HEAR HIM. :o liturally could hear him on my bedside table, I looked and sure enough, there he was...so I grabbed my garbage can, and picked up an empty Gatorade bottle, and just gently laid the open bottle near where he was and the stupid thing crawled right inside. I screwed the lid on TIGHT, and then threw it away. He is trapped!

But then I had to listen to him scamper inside the bottle all night...but at least I knew he couldnt crawl on me!

What a night! No wonder I am so tired this morning!

Chseeads

okieoliveoyl

Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Melody

Hi Okie   :waving:

That is CRAZY, Mel!  I don't know if I could handle that.  How far do these bugs live?  Arkansas? 

It feels like rain, even though it's just cloudy.  Muggy.  My tomatoes are sprouting.  I bought a little organic kit from Walmart.

Lynx

Thanks for relating the story about George, Mel.  I'm DEFINITELY staying up here in TN. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Usually it's just the warmer states. I'm sure there may be a few in the colder ones. But they would have quite a way to travel to get there. Here is some info.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cockroach#section_1

SippinTea

If for no other reason than cockroaches I could never live in Texas. Family or no family. :o Those things are hideous. And evil. And terrifying. *lol*

My ears hurt.

Yes, that was random.

But this is me, and that's you, and you should be used to me by now. :P

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

It's not so bad when you grew up with them around. We have had roaches on and off my entire life. Everyone here does. It's just a way of life.

But...no matter how long I live, I won't have them crawling on me. That I will not tolerate! Ever.

kmymbir

What gets me is the fact you even got in the bed you crazy nut! Not me, I would of made my dad tear the room apart, then I would have to watch the thing being beat until it turned to smoosh! I can not handle roaches nor moths. Snakes and spiders are not a problem for me.
Just so you know, what Mel showed you is actually considered one of the medium sized George, You should show them the giant, hissing, flying, wood roaches. I practically pass out when they fly at me.

MelodyB

I am not afraid of them...not like some people...I just do not like them crawling on me. And I can't ask dad to rip the room apart. He was asleep. Lol

MelodyB

Wow...y'all are talkative.

I'm home. TIRED!

Watching NCIS, surprise surprise. ;)

Melody

What another lovely day here.  Hannah did some Birthday money spending and we got a Costco membership.  It has very different product labels.  I like it though!  I seen today that I can get all natural chicken legs, thighs, breasts for 99ยข/lb.  That's awesome for here when $1.29 is considered a good sale.  NONE of their ground beef has the pink filler but is the same price/lb. as the grocery store.  I'm happy to be actually eating meat and not ground up other parts in there.

MelodyB

But what about all the flavor you will be missing from all the other parts?! Lol

Melody

Well, I always enjoyed the flavor of steak over hamburger so I guess I'll enjoy more steak flavor?  It takes some effort to be a suitable temple for the HG.   :cool:

taco_harvell

Quote from: MelodyB on March 14, 2012, 01:43:03 PM
Ok so, I have a few minutes to post my stories.

The plumbing has been being ok, and not causing any MAJOR problems right now, just little stuff, like bubbles. Lol I had loaded the dishwasher and turned it on. Then shortly after, I needed to use the facilities. So I'm in the bathroom, and all of a sudden, it sounds like I am in a pipe. Glug Glug Glug. The toilet started bubbling and making all kinds of noise while I was trying to use it! Scared me half to death! I got out of there quick! I had heard, and seen it bubble plenty of times but never when it was in use. It was an experience. (while I am typing this I can hear it bubbling in the bathroom right now. Lol)

So, then later when I was baking that cake, and I was in my room and I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye, I looked towards my headboard and there on the curtain, was a George. Let me explain, George is the name we have for those HUGE cockroaches that live in the trees. The big black ones, not the small brown house roaches. Ok so, George was crawling up my curtain and he got over onto the bedpost. I grabbed my flip flop and waited for him to be in position for me to whack him into eternity. I whacked, he moved, so I missed. He fell, unharmed and ran off under the bed. I was creeped out, but there was nothing I could do, so I waited for the cake to get done and then I went to bed.

I was very creeped out by this huge George being so close to my bed and me not knowing where he was exactly. But I turned off the light and settled in, being VERY VERY careful to go to sleep with my mouth closed...I just KNEW he would crawl in there if I left it open. So I am almost asleep...that spot where you are just starting to drift off, and I feel something on my arm!! It was George! I jumped up, and flipped on the light, and I couldnt see him in my bed, but I KNEW it was crawling on my arm! So I thought "great, I'll have to sleep with the light on" so still feeling creepy, I tried again to go to sleep. Light on. A few seconds later, I could HEAR HIM. :o liturally could hear him on my bedside table, I looked and sure enough, there he was...so I grabbed my garbage can, and picked up an empty Gatorade bottle, and just gently laid the open bottle near where he was and the stupid thing crawled right inside. I screwed the lid on TIGHT, and then threw it away. He is trapped!

But then I had to listen to him scamper inside the bottle all night...but at least I knew he couldnt crawl on me!

What a night! No wonder I am so tired this morning!
At least he didn't decide to fly around the room. Flying cockroaches are the worst!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

kmymbir

Some dude tried to stalk me in a store today. Some people can be so rude.