News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The Return of Mt. Dew should be celebrated in Sharing 452!

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2011, 12:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Yes, that is the usual effect.

In other sharing news, on Christmas Eve we all meet here to have "snack" food.  Tonight it was some really good pimento cheese, deviled eggs, meatballs and some kind of sausage in some kind of red sauce, tuna, liver pate, crackers (goes with any of the aforementioned, except perhaps the deviled eggs,) chocolate cake, sugar free coconut torte pudding.

Gotta get back down there, I'm missing some good family chit-chat.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

walmart wasnt quite a crazy tonight as I feared it might be. Had everyone out of there by 8:15 pm.

Lynx

Enjoy the rest BSR.  Bright and early Monday morning, at 06:00 I will be there, ready and waiting with my cash and my Wal-Mart gift card, to attack the half-off christmas candy.  CHAAAAAAARGE!

A couple of years ago I picked up two cases (15 tins to a case) of Royal Dansk butter cookies and put them in my cart.  A guy standing on the other side watched me with a stunned/bemused/puzzled expression.  I said sheepishly, "They're good."  He said, "Apparently so..."

In other news:  I have gotten word that many people across this great land are very happy tonight.  I myself have just spent a long and enjoyable night eating some good food and listening to some great people talk.  I didn't eat far too much, so I will get a good night's sleep and be up and ready to go tomorrow for the family breakfast and general Christmas doings.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Went to church, came home.

This does not feel like Saturday.

Make sure I don't forget tomorrow is Sunday.  :o

Roscoe

And.....I am back at work, where I am going to shamelessly soak the taxpayers of my salary while doing near nothing. After doing so for 8 hours, I am going to be off work for the next five days.... :clap:
I have started my day with a slice- okay, two slices.....aw, crud, I might as well admit, four  slices of home made bread with butter and jelly, and a large Dr. Pepper.  :fork: Life is good! Scratch that, life is GRAND!

All you nutcases what check this here place today- HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!  :waving:

Oh, and Cheese- today's Sunday. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

It depends how thick the slices are, and what the definition of "thick" is.  As long as you don't discuss hard measurements you can call them thin slices, thus mitigating the effect.  ;)

Hate to think what your blood sugar is now though...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 25, 2011, 01:08:52 PM
It depends how thick the slices are, and what the definition of "thick" is.  As long as you don't discuss hard measurements you can call them thin slices, thus mitigating the effect.  ;)

Hate to think what your blood sugar is now though...
Okay- they were thin slices. :teeth:
And blodd sugar- oh, well. If I die, I die happy, and full..... :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Yes, it is Sunday.  Even though it doesn't feel like it.

But hi ho, hi ho, it's off to church I go.

With razor blades and hand grenades, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho....

:sing:

Backseat Radio

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

getting around for the day and preparing for family's soon arrival

Lynx

Okay, Christmas is over.  We all had fun though.  Now to... basically sit around and talk for the rest of the day, maybe take a nap, maybe not.

In other words, a very good day indeed.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Lynx

The whole family is off taking a nap.  What's odd is I'm the one who got the least sleep (stayed up late reading) and I ain't nowhere near ready to sleep. 

Anyone having church tonight?  I just might make the trip. 

In the meantime... somebody POST something already!
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Went to church at Knightridge, they had an afternoon service today at 1. 

Sis. Monica the piano player was late coming from a family doings or something and I tickled the ivories in her stead for the first part of service.

I don't know who is having church tonight.  I know some that aren't, but don't specifically know who is, though there may be some.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

well APB survived his first family Christmas Eve with my family. matching pajamas and all.

we are now at his house. i made chili for him, me and his dad.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

My family all plans to leave early tomorrow morning.  Our time is limited.

And they are watching TV!   :frustrated:

I wish, I wish, oh how I wish just for one stinking day out of the year they would shut down the TV stations. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

We're glad you got on the Internet to gripe about them watching TV.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

I made fudge. Well, I tried. I can't get it out the dish. lol

Ok, I'm on my phone, we're watching Miracle on 34th st.  But remind me later to tell you about Nathan's funny present.

*giggle*

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on December 25, 2011, 11:23:51 PM
We're glad you got on the Internet to gripe about them watching TV.
Nothing else to do, unless you want to watch the sappy Hallmark (tm) movie with them.  That's all they're talking about, when/if they talk.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

I didn't end up making it to services today.  Did enjoy having family over to my house.