News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

The Return of Mt. Dew should be celebrated in Sharing 452!

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2011, 12:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Well... I made it through the day, then went to the in-laws for dinner, where my father in law spent most of the evening trying to beg me into letting him have Rusty for a couple of days.

When that failed, he got even by giving my wife an antique piano and delivering it. :o It's attractive enough, I guess. Probably a 1940s model would be my guess and I'm sure it has been that long since it was last tuned. Lou has been playing it, making the house sound like an 1870's Baptist church. :biglaugh:

And Rusty was apparently offended that Pa-in-law would even be considered as his caretaker, no matter how briefly. We were nearly home when his lights went out, then came back on. Pulled into the yard, switched him off- and he won't start. So much for taking him to Fort Smith tomorrow. Guess I'll steal Lou's Caddy...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

No one sharing?!? What's wrong with you people? :drillsergeant: SHARE PEOPLE! I WANNA HEAR YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR LIFE, NO MATTER HOW TRIVIAL. IF YOU WON'T SHARE THEN DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY(pushups or bucks, your choice, but I'd prefer bucks) :drillsergeant:

And I'm up. Fixing to head out on my two hour-ish drive to meet up with the famous Newsman and that troublemaker Mini. Mini will have to behave for once- with the media and the law collaberating together, we can frame him up, arrest him, try and convict him in the court of public opinion, all at once. :laughhard:  And if he's repenant enough, we may even fall back on the whole "minister" thing and pray for his soul.  :hypocrite:.
:pray: "Dear Lord, please forgive us for shutting down Fort Smith's Golden Corral, and may they be bless to be able to remain open for the next meet... :pray:  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ugh.  I spent a lot of the night throwing up because I ate far too much grease yesterday.  A family breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and etc, followed by a lunch of leftover breakfast stuff and a supper of equally grease-laden food is too much for my system. 

Ah well.  I'm better now, and recuperating.  Still don't want to eat anything though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Roscoe I'd prefer the $20.  I never did make it to Wal-Mart's half off candy sale.  For ME to miss THAT, you know I wasn't feeling well!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

IowaSkirtGirl

I woke up with a sore throat and ears. Which means the beginning of a sinus infection. Silly me for going out in public. Instead of coming home and being all alone yesterday I went with a dear friend from church and her amazing husband to his family Christmas. I played bingo and won a blanket. Had a lot of great laughs and was really happy I went.

Today I...and Roomie if she ever gets home...are cleaning this sty of a house.

I have to make a phone call tomorrow or Wednesday and talk to a man from our church about a job. It's pretty promising. To work in a very much much more Christian environment would be a blessing..but I'd miss my cows horribly...so I'm thinking about being a weekend fill in milker so I can still clean everything once a week too..We'll have to wait and see, say a prayer that God has his will in all of this....because it means most likely moving out on my own as well....

:)
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

IowaSkirtGirl

Are you stuck in a well little cheesy?  I'll send Lassie for help.
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Chseeads

Send Lassie to bring me some breakfast....er...lunch.

Since the Clown and Taco got married, we now all need to focus our noseyness on the Ant and the Eskimo....  Neither have posted in forever....I think she has more recently than he...but the old timers all know them. 

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on December 26, 2011, 04:40:33 PMSince the Clown and Taco got married, we now all need to focus our noseyness on the Ant and the Eskimo....  Neither have posted in forever....I think she has more recently than he...but the old timers all know them.

Somebody send her over!

Chseeads

She's already been "sent over"....she's in Oz right at the moment with the Aussies.

Melody

Awww, that would be so fun if they end up together too!  You'll have to start charging GPers as a dating service!  hahahaha... wait, I'm married, that wouldn't work for me.  LOL

MelodyB

Hasn't worked for me yet either...except that I keep getting offers from someone. *cough*

Our Christmas turned out pretty good. The Ramsey's had their big dinner on Saturday night and gave us the leftovers since they were leaving town after church.

I'm at church now, made copies and filled notebooks for this quarters Innergize curriculum.

Fixing to leave here.

Tomorrow I am coming in town to pray, hang out and have dinner with Granny and Ann, something we haven't been able to do in MONTHS and I am really really looking forward to it.

Then Wednesday, I'm going to come back again and decorate our SS room with Kimber and three other of my friends! I'm really looking forward to that too!

For a week with no church activities on the schedule, I sure will be spending a lot of time at the church with church people! Haha! And I couldn't be more pleased.

Headed out now...may stop by Sonic and get a Root Beer with real cream. It's still happy hour for another 30 mins. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Don't forget to go to the "library" and get that book!  :demand:

Heather

Quote from: sunlight on December 26, 2011, 07:06:40 PM
:grin:

* sunlight waves at all her awesome friends

*waves at Chel.....even if I'm not included :)*

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

SHARING:  Okay, turns out it wasn't what I ate.  A stomach bug is going around.  Aunt Gertrude started throwing up en route to home and they haven't made it back to Texas yet as a result.  Also found out it was something like this that was getting Grandma down over the weekend.

Oh well.  Thank you God that I have the whole week off and I'm not missing any work days.  If I had to get sick, couldn't pick a better time.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Lynx

What, were you still waiting for those five helpers to come clean up your bird buildings?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

I think that was on TV too, my parents were watching it not long ago, I saw a bit of it.

Chseeads

I think my dad has what my mom had just the other end.  :-?

And now mom just said Grandma is sick with the pukes.

:roll:

I am going to go shoot myself.

I have had NO PEACE since Thanksgiving......I wind up in the hospital and ever since have been surrounded by a bunch of sickos.

Lynx

I know the feeling.  I still can't eat anything, but at least I'm not throwing up anymore.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

By the way, this is what my music teacher has been up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIwRx5Iskzk

I ran her keyboard's MIDI output through a really good virtual (in-computer) piano and recorded her singing.  A touch of reverb and a few envelope touch-ups was all that was needed.
"Do you sing at church?"