News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Psalm_97 has music, so he's feeling fine. Listen to a tune in Sharing 449!

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaSkirtGirl

Ahh. Fasting. My issues are all with temptation..and me telling temptation no.  Food is my only comfort it feels. I know prayer and Jesus are supposed to be comforting...I quit drinking...and started eating....I quit being addicted to drugs...and I started eating....NOW that I can back away from the trough a bit....I might try fasting...but with my ulcers being the pain (literally) that they are..I don't know how well my stomach would handle all that....

*sigh*

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Melody

There are different types of fasts, sis. While the water only is a clear cut major sacrifice, there is also the Daniel's fast.  It is often a week or more but it is eating & does prove to be a major sacrifice as well, still denying the flesh.   Obviously, trading one addiction for another isn't a solution but everyone is different so a different fast may help.  I can elaborate about the Daniels fast but I think Sis.George will be able to help you even more.

You ARE an over comer, sis.  *big bear hug* :)

Chseeads

Lynx

As I said, it's amazing what sleeping all night and sleeping/lying about all day can do.  I feel much better.  When I think of greasy or meaty foods my stomach no longer threatens to leap straight up my throat and throttle my brain. 

I never did puke though, just felt sick and queasy.  I think it was something I ate.  I have never had the GIs like that though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Just bumped my iTunes to 1,725 songs haha....It was at like 1,600 and something.....I used to could play it for 5.2 days and not hear the same song twice. Now I can play it for 5.4 days and not hear the same song twice.

WHAT what! Love it!

Oh and that's not counting the like 3-4 cd's I have of holiday music. I take them out after Christmas is over so I don't have to hear them when I shuffle my iTunes.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Lynx

Hush Se.th, some people like to not listen to the same CD every day.  I have more music than you could listen to in a week and 3 days, 24 hours a day.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Well laity never supercedes leadership.   :teeth:

:goodmod:

Sarah inspired me to coffee this morning so...  Mmmmm

I would like someone to come & vacuum up all these leaves, please.

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 09, 2011, 04:01:36 AM
There are different types of fasts, sis. While the water only is a clear cut major sacrifice, there is also the Daniel's fast.  It is often a week or more but it is eating & does prove to be a major sacrifice as well, still denying the flesh.   Obviously, trading one addiction for another isn't a solution but everyone is different so a different fast may help.  I can elaborate about the Daniels fast but I think Sis.George will be able to help you even more.

You ARE an over comer, sis.  *big bear hug* :)

I may expound on this at some point, but trust me, to fast, fast food/sodas/everything except water.  Thats the only way to fast, and the only way to get clear spiritual breakthrough.  I have done the Daniel fast (7 days, 21 days) and while beneficial in some ways, a good ol' fast, where you fast food is the way to go.

And don't replace the time fasting with carnal things (ie, movies, entertainment, media).
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

IowaSkirtGirl

I love me some Georges! I will have to ask her about it. I haven't sat down and talked with her in MONTHS! I mean I still talk to her, but not like really counsel...*sigh* I think it's time for an hour of her time..I will have to call her!

*sigh*

I need to learn to dress for the weather...first really cold snap with snow..and I'm sick...strep...sinus infection and ear infection...I don't know how to get just a little sick :(
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Heather

Today marks 1 year since my dear friend Kevin passed away.

It's gonna be a long day.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

This is a oldie, but a goodie...

The teacher gave her fifth-grade class an assignment: get their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it.

The next day the kids came back and one by one began to tell their stories.

Ashley said, "My father's a farmer, and we have a lot of egg-laying hens. One time we were taking our eggs to market in a basket on the front seat of the car when we hit a big bump in the road and all the eggs went flying and broke and made a mess."

"What's the moral of the story?" asked the teacher.

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket!"

"Very good," said the teacher.

Next little Sarah raised her hand and said, "Our family are farmers too. But we raise chickens for the meat market. We had a dozen eggs one time, but when they hatched we only got ten live chicks, and the moral to this story is, 'Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.'"

"That was a fine story, Sarah. Michael, do you have a story to share?"

"Yes, my daddy told me this story about my Aunt Karen. Aunt Karen was a flight engineer in the Gulf War and her plane was hit. She had to bail out over enemy territory, and all she had was a bottle of whiskey, a machine gun, and a machete. She drank the whiskey on the way down so it wouldn't break and then she landed right in the middle of a hundred enemy troops. She killed seventy of them with the machine gun until she ran out of bullets. Then she killed twenty more with the machete until the blade broke. Then she killed the last ten with her bare hands."

"Good grief," said the horrified teacher, "what kind of moral did your daddy tell you from that horrible story?"

"Stay away from Aunt Karen when she's been drinking!"
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

In a professional setting, people should not just start calling someone by a nickname. This girl just started not long ago, and she's calling me Nelle. Only ONE person at work gets by with it, and that's cause she rarely uses it. I don't understand where this newer girl got the gall to suddenly start calling me Nelle. If I say something to her, it becomes an issue and a possible confrontational situation. I'm not mad, I just don't think it's professional. It'd be different if we were friends but we're just coworkers. I'm older than her, been here longer, and a couple of steps up the chain. :/

Chseeads

Maybe she found your GP profile.  :smirk2:

* Chseeads hides from "Aunt Karen."  :couch:

Scared myself to death while ago putting a battery in the car...dropped the wrench, it landed on the + pole and the support bracket and started shooting sparks.  :yikes:

mini

Quote from: Nelle on November 09, 2011, 04:36:20 PM
In a professional setting, people should not just start calling someone by a nickname. This girl just started not long ago, and she's calling me Nelle. Only ONE person at work gets by with it, and that's cause she rarely uses it. I don't understand where this newer girl got the gall to suddenly start calling me Nelle. If I say something to her, it becomes an issue and a possible confrontational situation. I'm not mad, I just don't think it's professional. It'd be different if we were friends but we're just coworkers. I'm older than her, been here longer, and a couple of steps up the chain. :/

Woah, Nelle...

*cough*

:ugly:

Nelle

My "Nelle" is said as "Nell." The "e" is silent just like in my real name. The lady who "gets away with calling me that" actually does call me Nelley or Janelley. I just know -I- wouldn't suddenly call someone a nickname that I don't know very well and especially not without asking. Weird how comfortable some people get.

Babs

I don't care what you call me as long as its not "late for dinner" :fork:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

mini

Quote from: Nelle on November 09, 2011, 04:46:21 PM
My "Nelle" is said as "Nell." The "e" is silent just like in my real name. The lady who "gets away with calling me that" actually does call me Nelley or Janelley. I just know -I- wouldn't suddenly call someone a nickname that I don't know very well and especially not without asking. Weird how comfortable some people get.

Well, I always have called you Nelle (nelly).  So deal with it...LOL

Quote from: Babs on November 09, 2011, 04:49:57 PM
I don't care what you call me as long as its not "late for dinner" :fork:

:ugly:  Me too.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Lordy I'm soooooo tired right now....I cannot seem to keep my eyes open!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I slept all night night-before-last, slept a lot yesterday because I was sick, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get to sleep last night.  I shouldn't have worried...

But with all that sleep I feel great in record time!  Back to work today.  I'll never see that money I would have made yesterday though. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

There is a place mini for D.F. I've been on 2 40 day D.F & it broke things that the longest 6 day water only day fast did not. It's different & brought about change in things that were deep seeded & long term.  Water only is not the only way to go & not the only way to be fully delivered. 

If I could summarize it I would say water fasts break chains in a powerful a sudden way while DF uproot a change you from the entire mindset & stronghold that took you there in the first place & tries to shuffle one problem for another.  Thougj obviously there's more to it than that.   Both fasts we're painful & changing.