News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

5-0's PAPM is Sporty & Courtly in Sharing 440!

Started by Newsman, June 28, 2011, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

SHARING... THAT NOBODY PROBABLY CARES ABOUT:  I love Lenovo!  I had problems with my audio interface and I traced it to the Windows 7 64-bit operating system.  Fortunately I have a spare Windows XP license that is 32 bit. 

That is nothing special.  What IS special is that Lenovo put out Windows XP drivers for this new ThinkPad!  That does not happen these days.

Lenovo, I love you. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Add me to this list of people desiring prayers--- got some distant  family situations that have suddenly popped up that have the potential to make life a little harder for me and mine. I'm trusting God to provide and handle the situation.  :thumbsup2:

Other than that- absolutely beautiful day around here, my friends! :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

Isaac,
   It's not that we don't care, it's just we may not understand. As Chief Investigator, all I know about tis 'Lenovo' is that you have declared your love towards said 'Lenovo', and have earned a place in the next investigation!

Lady Melodya,
   You _may_ be surprised! :)

Newsman

In other Sharing, going back over to the nursing home in a bit to check on Mom..we had a serious conversation with the home's adminstrator yesterday. Thanks for the prayers!

John

Lynx

To explain why I am so excited - if you get a new computer but it won't work with some hardware and you want to go back to good old Windows XP, you're sunk.  Dell, Gateway, HP and etc can't imagine why in the world you would want anything other than the latest shiny new Windows, so they don't make drivers for their computer for anything other than the latest shiny new Windows that they installed on that new computer.

But Lenovo has this new laptop covered for Windows XP.  And a lot of other stuff too.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

And to explain why I said nobody will probably care about it, when I start talking about abstruse computer stuff people's eyes usually glaze over. :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Here comes Roscoe...he heard someone mention glaze....he'll be in here looking for the donuts any second now....

RainbowJingles

John: Praying for your mother and the situation.  Doesn't sound like a fun time for sure.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on July 02, 2011, 07:21:19 PM
Here comes Roscoe...he heard someone mention glaze....he'll be in here looking for the donuts any second now....
Glaze?!? Donuts?!? Where?  :o :o

* Roscoe wanders out, disappointed by Seth- as usual. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Chseeads

Melody

I can't help but feel a little guilty that though I DO do things here at home, my hubby is out in the heat working like an ox.  He's a great man I tell ya.  No matter what he tells me, I know what I do doesn't compare to the constant sacrifice he makes to provide for his family.  Not only does he work hard but it's intense physical labour.  I think my hubby secretly looks like an Incredible Hulk angel beyond that human exterior. ☺

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

MY.. I just want to say... Your work around the house, working with your children, PLUS that you appreciate his work makes it all equal in my eyes. Not that my opinion matters hahaha!!

Loving spending this weekend in Illinois. Met his mom, some extended family, and his soontobe brother-in-law today. I meet his sister tomorrow and possibly his dad tomorrow or Monday. Then the family meeting on his side will be complete. I like everyOne so far. :)

Lynx

Just got back from a church barbecue held at some couple's house, with a singing afterward.  My aunt, aunt and uncle are a great singing group and they were singing when I left.  I had to leave early to get the church bulletin done.

I came. I ate. I sang.

I came - About 45 minutes away, but worth the trip.  I ate - Good barbecue, homemade banana pudding, peach cobbler, really good potato salad, homemade ice cream...

I sang - and nobody vomited or died.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Well I survived a dinner party with the neighbors. LORD. They are pretty special. But I did have a better time than I expected. I came home and cleaned the kitchen and prepped lunch for tommorrow. We have a LONG staff meeting after church, so I have country style ribs in the crockpot and gonna have potatoes in the oven.

We will also have a house guest for a week as well, starting tomorrow. Erica will be staying with us cause her family will be out of town. She is 14.

I'm tired, and I still have laundry to hang up. I've done 6 loads of clothes in the past two days, and I am happy to report that EVERY SINGLE THING I own is CLEAN!! (except what I wore today and the PJs I currently have on.)

So yeah. That's my share for today. That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Newsman

I visited Mom late this afternoon..the nurse thout she was a little better today than yesterday, but I saw less respionse from her than yesterday.

Chseeads

Sorry she's not doing well, John.  I know that's a rough feeling having a loved one ill.

mini

Especially when that loved one is mom....

Guess Willie is done sanging.   Wonder how melleryeller enjoyed it?  I saw something driving down the road in a huge cloud of smoke.  Thought it was melleryeller....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 03, 2011, 04:23:52 AM
Especially when that loved one is mom....

Guess Willie is done sanging.   Wonder how melleryeller enjoyed it?  I saw something driving down the road in a huge cloud of smoke.  Thought it was melleryeller....

As long as she isn't headed towards Narnia to get some Centaurs and Griffins toked up, everything will be fine! Wonder if she saw cheech and chong there??   :P

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Chseeads

Roscoe

Morning, everyone. I'm back at work. John, still praying for you. I know what you're going through, my mother's in the endstages of dementia/alzheimer's and has not responded in any meaningful way to us for around a year. She eats and sleeps and that's about it. It can be VERY tough, but when I began to lose it, I run back to the Master and lean on Him. The prayers of my friends have kept me together more than once, and I know they'll do the same for you. :thumbsup2:

And in reference to Mellow Yellow- You know what they say- "Silence IS consent". :laughhard:

Chseeads

I finally had some weird dreams again last night.

Dreamed that part of the church building had been moved basically.  And then I noticed that that part of the roof looked awful, bowed in, rotted looking....and then, in fact, some of it was fell in.  lol  And so I was thinking well I've got to get that fixed...and was thinking about just adding on a little room in this small space that was created by this new formation the way the building set...and putting the water heater and furnace in that room and using it for storage.... 

And there was also this part where all these people with dogs were going in the basement for some reason....and I hoped they weren't letting them all poop in there.

:roll:

Lord help me.

Going to church in a minute.  Hopefully the roof is intact and there's no dogs.

Lynx

This makes me smile:  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/828mk3Hy/

Yeah, it's a bit esoteric and nobody else knows what it is.  It's an audio interface, for the record.  And  it makes me smile.
"Do you sing at church?"