News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

never knew it could be done, a boar is a bore in sharing #4-3-1

Started by Babs, March 25, 2011, 08:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I'll agree with you there too Isaac! Prayer meetings aren't as reverenced as they once were. People are "too busy" with life to stop and just spend some time WITH the body of Christ to pray. "Oh I'll pray at home"....80% of the people who say that won't do it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

If it's the same Brooklyn Tabernacle's "grammy winning choir" I know of, I can attest they have the anointing in their music that a lot of church choirs miss.  They actually feel what they're singing about.  Church services I don't know about, never been, but their music is powerful, not just for a show.  I wouldn't have 11 albums of theirs if they were just trying to sound good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 02, 2011, 04:16:29 PM
This is one of the best books about church prayer meetings that I have ever read....

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Wind-Fire-Jim-Cymbala/dp/0310211883

Bro. Beecham that used to pastor here in Bloomington went to NY one time and went to a prayer meeting service at Brooklyn Tabernacle and talked about how you had to get there early just to get a seat. 

My pen is about ready for rafters to start....yay....it feels a little like progress. lol

Chseeads

Our former pastor's wife passed away.  She was somewhere around 88 I think.  Hate to see her go, but she's made it to her reward. 

Our former pastor, Bro. Axsom, with his mother (who was the former pastor's wife at the time this photo was taken years ago) and Sis. Axsom.

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 02, 2011, 03:48:10 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 02, 2011, 12:17:25 PM
:pound: Mini. I MISS my bike. I've gotta make do with a  girly car convertible. :(

He admits it!!!! :clap:

:pound: :pound: Jenn. I admit nothing of the sort.
Quote from: Chseeads on April 02, 2011, 05:33:47 PM
Our former pastor's wife passed away.  She was somewhere around 88 I think.  Hate to see her go, but she's made it to her reward. 

I hate seeing these old time pentecostals go. Seems like alot of our heritage leaves with them, and in some areas, I think the whole pentecostal experience is a little more diluted with their passing, if that makes sense.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I am in Panama City! Sitting in the mall parking lot waiting on mom to go get the kids gifts from Sears. Dad has a welder in the back of the truck for my brother, so I can't go in the store cause someone might take it!

Y'all should come to our prayer meetings! We have half the church (literally) at ours! We usually run about 100-110 on Sunday's, and at prayer meeting on Wednesday nights, we have 45-50 people. No joke! It's amazing!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: Succulent Peach on April 02, 2011, 06:01:32 PM
I am in Panama City! Sitting in the mall parking lot waiting on mom to go get the kids gifts from Sears. Dad has a welder in the back of the truck for my brother, so I can't go in the store cause someone might take it!

Y'all should come to our prayer meetings! We have half the church (literally) at ours! We usually run about 100-110 on Sunday's, and at prayer meeting on Wednesday nights, we have 45-50 people. No joke! It's amazing!
Bring the welder by my house. I'll watch it for you.  :freaky2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Succulent Peach on April 02, 2011, 06:01:32 PM
And how, pray tell, do you do that?  Nobody ever has time for prayer meeting around here.  If you ask anyone you get a long recital of what their day consists of.

Mind you, some people honestly cannot make it.  But a lot could.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Quote from: Succulent Peach on April 02, 2011, 12:18:59 PM
We do it all the time! We have NOTHING in Pascagoula to eat that's a really good place. So it's nothing to drive to Mobile or Biloxi to go to a much better restaurant.

I'm up. Headed to Florida within the hour hopefully, if I can get my junk together and Mom loaded up.

You aren't 60 miles from either of those places. When I said 60 miles I guess in my exhausted state I forget to say one way. The trip was 66 miles one way. If the total trip was under 60 miles I might understand somewhat, because where I live we literally have no restaurants except Thursday -Sunday. (long story)

@Mini I can get catfish that is pretty good from any number of places around here. SO I definitely wouldn't drive very far for that.

@Roscoe I have always been one who believed if I have to drive a long way, or stand in a line for more than an hour to get in the door then the food just isn't worth it for me.  I am sure I can find something better with a lot less hassle. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Shoot if I had to stand in line for more than an hour to get in the door it had better be pretty good.  I can get some really good food at home without spending gas and getting tired feet - just cook it myself.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on April 02, 2011, 05:42:27 PM
I hate seeing these old time pentecostals go. Seems like alot of our heritage leaves with them, and in some areas, I think the whole pentecostal experience is a little more diluted with their passing, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I agree, there's truth to that. 

Somebody has to pick up the torch and run right where they left off.  That's what Paul expressed to Timothy.  :smirk2:

Chseeads

In other unrelated news....I must've had the same avatar pic for going on 2 years now.  :freaky:

And in other news, starting putting rafters up on the pen shed thingy.  God, grant me serenity....or else a good dose of senility to where I am too crazy to care. lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Grandma's got Chey, Lou and I went for a nice drive with the top down to a good steakhouse. What a wonderful life! Gonna go enjoy some time with my sweetie for the rest of the evening, and leave ya'll to your own devices until tomorrow. See ya! :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

We just ate pork chops, mac & cheese, broccoli, squash and cabbage.

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

Went to church, came home.

I said when I get this shed built, I'm gonna burn it to the ground.  It has aggravated me so. lol

MelodyB

I wanna help burn it down!! :freaky2:

And Issac, We just have a really great group of prayer warriors! I'm serious. I have been to a lot of churches, and have never seen such great people who have this much of a desire to pray! They know the power of prayer!

Jason, yeah I know I'm not THAT far from those places, BUT! I used to think it really dumb for people to even drive to the next town, just to eat. But that was before I moved to a town that has very little to choose from. Now, I do it too.

Had a GREAT party with the kids today!! And saw two of my old co-workers. I miss them. :(

SO SO sleepy. Im sleeping in Emilys bed tonight. And I've already been informed that I am singing in the morning. So yeah. I'm a bit nervous about that. Lol

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Mmmm, great day.  Kicked things off with a family breakfast, nothing for lunch (we were still full) and a fish fry for supper, with a singing at the church afterward.  When we got in the van to go home I was eating a second bowl of banana pudding.  :D

Gonna go to bed now, night y'all.

:pound: teh paech forr mispellling muy neme.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Well at least this thread smells better than the new one!

taco_harvell

Just finished writing an essay on Racial Diversity. I think I will at least lay down and try to get some rest before church. TTYL

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 03, 2011, 06:21:05 AM
That's because some stinker started it too early.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

UGGG. Morning all ready. Once again I am faced with the reality that I am not rich, and I am not a morning person. I can live with the whole "morning thing" if I were just rich. :lol: Back at work- have a day.

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 03, 2011, 11:46:40 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on April 03, 2011, 06:21:05 AM
That's because some stinker started it too early.

This is on page 20, goon.

Going to church.