News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

General Conference

Started by bishopnl, July 02, 2009, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Nathan will be the 6'8" blonde in the choir Friday night.   :waving:

bishopnl

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 28, 2009, 01:44:15 AM
Quote from: Sis on September 07, 2009, 06:29:42 PMThat was vague. What are the subjects? PM me if you don't want to say publically. I'm interested in knowing the direction the UPCI is taking.

our licensed ministers were encouraged to go.  Isn't G.Superintendant up for re-election?

General Superintendent is up for re-election.

As for which resolutions are up, I think this year it's one regarding whether or not to re license ministers who have lost theirs due to moral failure. 
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

BroTrey

So far so good. @ Steak & Shake waiing for the food.
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

JakeLeonard

I would have loved to come last night, but didn't get in touch with Bro. Benthal's church in Litchfield, since my pastor wasn't going this year.

I'm considering going Sunday night for sure, if I can get ahold of either Bro. or Sis. Benthal before it's too late, even if I have to go to their church in the AM.

bishopnl

Two things...first, JakeLeonard, where do you go to church?
I know the Benthals quite well...my brother and father are both licensed ministers in that section.  The Benthals are great people, and I understand they are doing a great job in Litchfield.

Second:  It's my understanding that Bro. Haney was NOT re-elected as General Superintendent.  He had to get like a 2/3 vote on the nominating ballot, and he didn't do it.  So the UPCI will have a new GS after General Conference this year.
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

bishopnl

For those interested, David Bernard has just been elected as the new General Superintendent of the UPCI.

JakeLeonard

Quote from: bishopnl on October 01, 2009, 04:35:30 PM
I know the Benthals quite well...my brother and father are both licensed ministers in that section.  The Benthals are great people, and I understand they are doing a great job in Litchfield.

Second:  It's my understanding that Bro. Haney was NOT re-elected as General Superintendent.  He had to get like a 2/3 vote on the nominating ballot, and he didn't do it.  So the UPCI will have a new GS after General Conference this year.

Well, I moved back home and attending the church I first started off in Nokomis. I'm only about a 35-40 minute drive from Litchfield

mini

I know the Benthals quite well...my brother and father are both licensed ministers in that section.  The Benthals are great people, and I understand they are doing a great job in Litchfield.

Second:  It's my understanding that Bro. Haney was NOT re-elected as General Superintendent.  He had to get like a 2/3 vote on the nominating ballot, and he didn't do it.  So the UPCI will have a new GS after General Conference this year.

If i understand right, Bro. Haney had reached his term limit.  Because of that, he had to get 2/3 of the vote on the nominating ballot or else he was ineligible for reelection.  In this case, the voting members failed to give him a 2/3 vote at the beginning.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

rootbeer

Does anybody know about any resolutions that passed?
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Sis

They resolved to eat lunch! :bigcheese:

JakeLeonard

Who are they? I might know of them as close as section 7 is to them

Melody

I'm here but havent met any Gpers yet.  :(

BroTrey

We met one. A Stephanie (sp?)
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

bishopnl

Quote from: JakeLeonard on October 03, 2009, 07:22:42 PM

Who are they? I might know of them as close as section 7 is to them

My dad is Michael Mohr, he pastors in Fidelity, Illinois.  My brother, Jonathan Mohr, is on staff at Calvary in Quincy, under Bro. Pate.  Actually, my brother is on the Illinois District Youth Committee, he's the Sectional Youth Leader for Section 6.

MY,
I had every intention of being there and would have loved to meet you and your husband, but it's been a difficult month for us with everything that happened.  On top of that, I was snowed under with homework this week, so I ended up not being able to go.   :cry:

Sis

Better thkan being snowed under with real snow like ST!

angelofthe_lordz

Thursday evening was amazing. Bro. Haney did an awesome job. The 7 Locks!  Saturday was also very good North America In Crisis. I'm sad its over!!!!

Melody

What a great weekend!  It was coooold outside but the Holy Ghost fire was burning.  I am in awe that over 700 got the Holy Ghost and over 100 baptized.  They were careful to not double count or count refillings, though there were plenty of those too. 

Worship was fabulous.  On the 1st night, after the 1st or 2nd song a lady passed me a lengthy note on the back of an envelope detailing how immodest I was, especially my backside!  At 1st I wondered, well, for like a second...lol  But that poor lady, wasted all that time describing my body/clothes while I was worshipping.  So sad.  But then Bro.Haney tore it up on holiness and other things, I loved it, was Amening all the way!  Hilarious, just like the devil trying to steal a blessing...lol  But it didn't work!  I prayed the Lord just saturated her with mercy that night so she could get some real holiness.

God is just soo cool. 

Sis

I guess when you do the cancan while worshipping, you don't flip up the back of your skirt anymore, so you don't get folks to writin' on envelopes. :rofl:

Melody

what's the cancan?   I had on a suit, the only time she would have seen my backside even is if my hands were raised.  I was contained.  In fact, I always ask my husband before we leave if all is kosher, ya just never know.  I asked him 2x that night because it was the 1st night and I was excited.  He would have told me if I was looking any kind of immodest.  If anything I'm guilty of being frumpy at times!  LOL 

Niki

Wow, MY, I can't believe that woman did that. That's just awful. She should be ashamed of herself.  :frownshake: I'm glad you were blessed anyway.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Newsman

I've never had the pleasure of meeting you and your husband, Lady Melodya, but I have faith in you that you area modest Lady of God.

John  :waving:

World Traveler

Mellow, your story reminds me of an incident at a conference when a preacher friend of mine was approached by another preacher and his wife. The other preacher was telling my friend that he was sinning. Why? Because he had on a pink shirt. My friend maintained his composure, listened, tried to explain, etc and finally just decided to end it with a comment something like, "Well, if pink is the female color, then blue is the male color. Is your wife sinning because she is wearing that blue outfit?" The man he was talking to just shut up.

Opinions are like fannies. Everyone has one, but we don't need others forcing theirs on us. (Especially when they stink!)
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 06, 2009, 03:58:57 AM
What a great weekend!  It was coooold outside but the Holy Ghost fire was burning.  I am in awe that over 700 got the Holy Ghost and over 100 baptized.  They were careful to not double count or count refillings, though there were plenty of those too. 

Worship was fabulous.  On the 1st night, after the 1st or 2nd song a lady passed me a lengthy note on the back of an envelope detailing how immodest I was, especially my backside!  At 1st I wondered, well, for like a second...lol  But that poor lady, wasted all that time describing my body/clothes while I was worshipping.  So sad.  But then Bro.Haney tore it up on holiness and other things, I loved it, was Amening all the way!  Hilarious, just like the devil trying to steal a blessing...lol  But it didn't work!  I prayed the Lord just saturated her with mercy that night so she could get some real holiness.

God is just soo cool. 

Holy cow...when we met you, the first thing I noticed was how modest you were...guess that means Oklahoma is liberal.

I bet you were wearing Nathans belt buckle...backwards...she mistook the shine for a shiney hiney.  *cough*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Sis

mini

I do declare...if Meller was worshiping like that I would complain too!  :ugly: