News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

General Conference

Started by bishopnl, July 02, 2009, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopnl

Is anyone going to General Conference this year?  I haven't been in...well, FOREVER, but if circumstances permit, I'm going to try to make it to a service or two.

Just curious if anyone else was going.  It's the first time it's been in St. Louis in a long time...
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

almondjoy

I wish.  But do to finances (or lack thereof), we won't get to go.  And it's only 4 hours from us.  :smirk2:

Sis

When we were in Minnesota it was do-able. But we're too far away now.

Melody

This will be our 1st one.  I was really hoping to meet some more GPers but lol, I might of scared them off on here...hahaha.

We'll be there Thurs.-Sun. morning.  Our pastor's preaching the am Sun. service.  I think we're staying at the Crowne Center Plaza hotel.

I heard offering is a long ordeal on Thursday night so we might go get dinner then...lol

Melody

Quote from: almondjoy on July 02, 2009, 06:07:04 PMI wish.  But do to finances (or lack thereof), we won't get to go.  And it's only 4 hours from us.  :smirk2:

oh man, that stinks.  I'm really curious how we'd interact in person, plus my husband Nathan is cool so even if you thought I was a weirdo, he's normal and easy going...lol

Sis

I wish I could go. We've gone to them when they were close. I think it stinks that they're charging the whole fee even if you're only going to be there for the weekend, though.

I'd love to meet ya. But it will have to be at another time.

Melody

Some day Sis, some day.  We will take a trip to DC one of these years and I'll be calling you!

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sis

You should have come with your husband last time. LOL

bishopnl

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 06, 2009, 09:18:19 PM
This will be our 1st one.  I was really hoping to meet some more GPers but lol, I might of scared them off on here...hahaha.

We'll be there Thurs.-Sun. morning.  Our pastor's preaching the am Sun. service.  I think we're staying at the Crowne Center Plaza hotel.

I heard offering is a long ordeal on Thursday night so we might go get dinner then...lol

It would be awesome to meet you and your husband, MY.  I'm not for sure what night (if any) I'm going to be there...things are kind of up in the air right now because of my wife's pregnancy.  But if I am there it would be great to meet you guys.
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

almondjoy

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 06, 2009, 09:20:57 PM
Quote from: almondjoy on July 02, 2009, 06:07:04 PMI wish.  But do to finances (or lack thereof), we won't get to go.  And it's only 4 hours from us.  :smirk2:

oh man, that stinks.  I'm really curious how we'd interact in person, plus my husband Nathan is cool so even if you thought I was a weirdo, he's normal and easy going...lol

My hubby is the weirdo and I'm the somewhat sane one in our family.  ;)

I'm hoping to have enough saved to go at least Friday night.

Melody

yay! then we'd have a great time I'm sure AJ.

Bishop, that would be fantastic. 

I'll send a PM to both of you with my info and if you can make it, text me.  And bring a camera!  (just in case I forget mine...lol)

txlnghrn

I will be there Fri-Sun with my wife, mom and dad in tow...LOL....If anyone wants to meet up...pm me....We are staying in the Crowne Plaza.....
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18 NIV

Sis

We can't afford to go anymore. We can't afford to pay for a week when we can only go on the weekends. 
Probably won't ever be able to go again. :sadbounce:

BroTrey

I will be there.....there is too much riding this year for me to miss it and not putting my vote in.

I'm already involved with a couple of meetups from other websites, but if there is going to be a GP meet-up let me know...  (I rarely get on here anymore due to time constraints, but I always get emails when I get a PM ;))

There are some here that the wife and I would LOVE to meet.
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Sis

We were supposed to meet year before last, and you guys were never at the booth. *Snaps fingers*

What's on the ajenda that you don't want to miss?

BroTrey

We went to the wrong area last time lol

The voting session...... some resolutions that many are VERY passionate about (on one side or the other) that is bringing up just as many arguments as a recent resolution.....
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Sis

That was vague. What are the subjects? PM me if you don't want to say publically. I'm interested in knowing the direction the UPCI is taking.

JakeLeonard

Quote from: Sis on September 07, 2009, 06:29:42 PM
That was vague. What are the subjects? PM me if you don't want to say publically. I'm interested in knowing the direction the UPCI is taking.
Sis, you might wanna use spell check next time. I know you probably meant "publically".

As for General Conference, I think I'll be there for a couple of days.

World Traveler

I used to go to General Conferences. I knew my last one would be in 2001 (because of a job change), so I went then. Very weird year to go considering what had happened less than a month before.
Now, if I hear about a good service or a minister I really want to hear, I can just watch it live on the internet.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

rootbeer

Uh - what is the difference between "publically" and "publically"?
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Sis

angelofthe_lordz

We will be there all week.............its nice livin 35 min away.

Melody

Quote from: Sis on September 07, 2009, 06:29:42 PMThat was vague. What are the subjects? PM me if you don't want to say publically. I'm interested in knowing the direction the UPCI is taking.

our licensed ministers were encouraged to go.  Isn't G.Superintendant up for re-election?