News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Why is there an Elder Bachelor's Association and not an Elder Bachelorette's??

Started by Jallen, March 16, 2009, 05:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jallen

*I presented this idea in another thread but quickly realized it deserves a thread of it's own* **snickers, snickers**

Why is there an Elder Bachelor's Association and not an Elder Bachelorette's Association?

Seems to me there should be two Associations with an annual, bi-annual or quarterly drawing. Each Association's members put their names in a hat, one name from each hat drawn quarterly, bi-annually, or annually. The two names drawn get married and make the best of it... As long as you both shall live, and Amen.       :biglaugh:

What do you think?

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Sis

Jallen

Hey, the divorce rate is already around 50% IN the church... don't you think it's time to start thinking outside the box?   ;)
All we have to do is beat a 50% success rate and we're ahead of the curve!

Jallen

Ok, maybe instead of just a drawing make it more like a raffle? I mean, why not make money for the Associations in the process, right?

Sis

SippinTea

Jallen, I'm getting the distinct impression that you've been here before under a different username. Am I right?

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

Jallen

Yes, why, have I submitted this scheme before?? (Y'all ought to know I'm just kidding around with this... but you've gotta admit it's a funny thought)

Jallen

Quote from: Sis on March 16, 2009, 06:31:17 PM
Don't gamble.
Is buying a raffle ticket gambling?? I don't buy them... but they always seemed harmless enough to me.

SippinTea

No, you haven't posted this before, but something about the tone of your posts... it just reminded me of something/someone I'd seen on here before.

Sis

Quote from: SippinTea on March 16, 2009, 07:17:07 PM
No, you haven't posted this before, but something about the tone of your posts... it just reminded me of something/someone I'd seen on here before.

I thought so, too. I knew there was something familiar.  What name did you use?

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Jallen on March 16, 2009, 07:09:49 PM
Quote from: Sis on March 16, 2009, 06:31:17 PM
Don't gamble.
Is buying a raffle ticket gambling?? I don't buy them... but they always seemed harmless enough to me.

I hope not...our church raffles quilts off to raise money for the different funds!!  Especially the Youth fund...!!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

RainbowJingles

Yeah.  So who are you, Jallen?

Where are you from?

How old are you?

And most importantly... who do you want to be raffled off to?

:freaky2:

Assuredbyfaith

:laughhard:

Didn't they use to have church basket sales where the ladies fixed a lunch and then the guys bid on which lady/basket they wanted to eat :o(that is they eat what's in the basket, not the lady or the basket it's self), plus who they wanted to eat with??
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Sis

Jallen

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 16, 2009, 10:06:36 PM
Oh, I'm not too picky... I'll let you ladies hash it out amongst yourselves... in a garden of flowers, who can choose?  :teeth:

Jallen

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 16, 2009, 10:13:01 PM
:laughhard:

Didn't they use to have church basket sales where the ladies fixed a lunch and then the guys bid on which lady/basket they wanted to eat :o(that is they eat what's in the basket, not the lady or the basket it's self), plus who they wanted to eat with??

See, my plan isn't so crazy after all!  :biglaugh:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Sis on March 16, 2009, 10:23:40 PM
Yeah, I saw that on Little House.  :laughhard:

Does that mean it was make believe? LOL  Or they really did that? :biglaugh:  I couldn't remember where that was from...lol

Sis

SippinTea

Quote from: Jallen on March 16, 2009, 10:23:44 PM
Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 16, 2009, 10:06:36 PM
Oh, I'm not too picky... I'll let you ladies hash it out amongst yourselves... in a garden of flowers, who can choose?  :teeth:

And right there we have the number one reason some men never marry.

No, I'm not being rude. I'm being serious.

When every woman is equal to you, and none stand out... well, *shrug* why SHOULD they pay you any special attention? Ya know?

Just a thought.

Sis

MelodyB

Yall notice he avoided the question of who he used to be in a previous membership.

And I was thinking the same thing...he sounds like someone, but I cant figure it out... :smirk2:

So...you gonna come clean or not?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Jallen

My nick was joallu

MelodyB

I KNOW!

Your real name is John, and you used to post as a Jalloiou..er something...but you had at one time, a picture of paperclips as your AV.

It just dawned on me.

MelodyB

GRRR!!

THATS why I HATE the edit!! I had it all figured out, and posted before I saw YOUR post, and now it looks like I copied you, and I didnt...you told us that we were resourceful young ladies, and to figure it out, and I DID, and now it looks like I didnt.

:frustrated: