News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

When your heart and brain disagree (or agree)

Started by SippinTea, January 17, 2009, 12:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Read a quote today online from a single gal who is 36 yrs old (not a Christian). She said:

"There are different parts of us that will desire different men; some we desire with our hearts, some with our minds, some with our bodies. A great deal of the time, however, at least one of those other parts of us is saying "No way. Not going to happen."

I know what she means. There are times when I can have a great discussion with a guy, and yet realize he's an insensitive brute. There are times I think a guy is sweet and kind, and yet he's completely unattractive. There are times when I'll admit a guy is good looking, but he doesn't seem to have a brain inside his head.

And that's not even approaching the faith issues and belief systems.

I guess it's when all of those things come together that you realize there is one incredibly special man in front of you.

Just thinking out loud... or something.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Amelia Bedelia

Quote.... one incredibly special man in front of you.
most men are incredibly special... its finding one that's not that's the key :smirk2:

was mentally paging through men i've met in my life recently... i'm so glad i'm single

Envelope

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 17, 2009, 02:53:14 AM
most men are incredibly special... its finding one that's not that's the key :smirk2:

was mentally paging through men i've met in my life recently... i'm so glad i'm single

was "vince" on that page?

sharon

ok..........LOL..........I could NOT Pass that one up!!!!!!!

iridiscente

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 17, 2009, 02:53:14 AM

:smirk:

RainbowJingles

World Traveler

The most dangerous guys are the ones who are good looking, well groomed, and sensitive.... they usually end up gay.

P.S. Envelope is a meanie!!!
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Amelia Bedelia

lol Sharon I haven't actually met Vince

I'm not even what one would typically call picky but really when I think about it I've seen very few that did any real justice to their gender and would inspire me to entertain the thought of spending my life with one

World Traveler

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 17, 2009, 04:08:46 PM

I'm not even what one would typically call picky but really when I think about it I've seen very few that did any real justice to their gender and would inspire me to entertain the thought of spending my life with one

On behalf of all men everywhere, "OUCH!"

Oh well, Amelia Bedelia wouldn't like me anyway. I am not scruffy.

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Chinadoll

You could change that you know.

:freaky2:

Then post us pictures!

Nai

World Traveler

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Chinadoll

And all the girls on GP sigh.

It's been too long without a scruff fix.

Nai

World Traveler

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Sis

MelodyB

MelodyB

I do! I dont think it is evil. Its neat the way the doctors figure out what is wrong when the regular things are not wrong. Its every educational.

Newsman

When I see women bash men, I'm usually torn between remaining a courteous gentleman and telling them how the cow ate the cabbage.

John

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 17, 2009, 04:08:46 PM

iridiscente

* iridiscente cooks some cabbage for John's cow.

(unless you cow prefers raw cabbage...)

Sis

Quote from: MelodyB on January 17, 2009, 11:06:59 PM
I do! I dont think it is evil. Its neat the way the doctors figure out what is wrong when the regular things are not wrong. Its every educational.

I wasn't really serious about the evil part, but the guy is a mouthy, swearbox junkie. I like the rest of the show/characters. If he wasn't in it, it would be good. Give me other doctor/hospital shows instead.

World Traveler

Quote from: Sis on January 18, 2009, 01:55:06 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on January 17, 2009, 11:06:59 PM

I wasn't really serious about the evil part, but the guy is a mouthy, swearbox junkie. I like the rest of the show/characters. If he wasn't in it, it would be good. Give me other doctor/hospital shows instead.

Just think of him as the Rush Limbaugh of medicine.

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

CDAGeek

Quote from: World Traveler on January 17, 2009, 03:18:33 PM
The most dangerous guys are the ones who are good looking, well groomed, and sensitive.... they usually end up gay.

great, now people are calling me gay.

:biglaugh:

Sis

You good looking, sensitive and well groomed?  Good! Too late for me, though.

CDAGeek

Quote from: Sis on January 18, 2009, 03:28:36 AM
You good looking, sensitive and well groomed?  Good! Too late for me, though.

It's balanced out by clumsiness, sarcasm, and a compulsion to take anything and everything apart just to see if I can.