News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

When your heart and brain disagree (or agree)

Started by SippinTea, January 17, 2009, 12:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Sis

You sure we're not related? My brother does that. I gave him my old stereo once and he took it apart and couldn't get it together again.

CDAGeek

Quote from: Sis on January 18, 2009, 03:49:15 AM
You sure we're not related? My brother does that. I gave him my old stereo once and he took it apart and couldn't get it together again.

If we are, you have my condolences. My family is about as messed up as they come.

Jaybee

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward."

- Kierkegaard

iridiscente

World Traveler

Did you know the actor that plays House also played the dad in the Stuart Little movies? Talk about opposites!
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

upcchris

He's also starred in the Blackadder series as a drunken friend, a master of disguise, a rather naive crown prince and an optimist in times of war, that's really the opposite of his current role as House...he's also starred in his own sitcom series alongside another comic veteran who also starred in Blackadder. He's also starred in sense and sensibility, Valiant - as the voice of commander Gusset. and he's probably starred as a number of other things I can't think of at the top of my head.

CDA - as long as you know how to put the things you take apart back together again.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

CDAGeek

Sometimes, but you never know until you try.  :lol:

Amelia Bedelia

Quote from: Newsman on January 17, 2009, 11:17:22 PM
When I see women bash men, I'm usually torn between remaining a courteous gentleman and telling them how the cow ate the cabbage.

John

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 17, 2009, 04:08:46 PM
lol Sharon I haven't actually met Vince

I'm not even what one would typically call picky but really when I think about it I've seen very few that did any real justice to their gender and would inspire me to entertain the thought of spending my life with one
eeek - I know I'm sounding rather bitter, I don't mean to.  Most are not as into being a courteous gentleman as you are - I would include you in the grouping of the very few that did justice to their gender
And I'll bash a lot of female traits too - I just understand ours a little better... and a good many of the most annoying are the side effect of a man falling significantly short somewhere along the line

I'm still straight, I'll still probably end up getting married someday and maybe have kids - but I'm no longer convinced it would actually be an improvement in my life at all

World Traveler

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 22, 2009, 05:22:53 AM
I'm still straight, I'll still probably end up getting married someday and maybe have kids - but I'm no longer convinced it would actually be an improvement in my life at all

That is only because you are not married to me... I am definitely an improvement kind of guy. :-)
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Amelia Bedelia

LOL and humble too...

I'd have to dye my hair though... or suffer an inferiority complex and get all clingy and crazy whenever redheads were around
the stress would just be too much

iridiscente

Amelia Bedelia

Sparks are easy - my flinty personality creates lots of sparks  :biglaugh:

My life is one firework show after another..... they get all excited at first, its a bunch of sparks, intense all-consuming show, but doesn't last long and they wonder what they were so intrigued by in the first place and go settle down with something completely sweet and mild   :roll:

Sis

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 22, 2009, 06:40:12 AM

My life is one firework show after another..... they get all excited at first, its a bunch of sparks, intense all-consuming show, but doesn't last long and they wonder what they were so intrigued by in the first place and go settle down with something completely sweet and mild   :roll:

When do the fireworks stop? Ours have slowed some but they haven't stopped yet. And I have never wondered why I married him.

iridiscente

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 22, 2009, 06:40:12 AM

My life is one firework show after another..... they get all excited at first, its a bunch of sparks, intense all-consuming show, but doesn't last long and they wonder what they were so intrigued by in the first place and go settle down with something completely sweet and mild   :roll:
* iridiscente gives AB a long lasting candle.

Jallen

Why is finding someone and getting married so simple for some and so complicated for others?
Is it just that they were at the right place at the right time in the right frame of mind... and we weren't?

Chinadoll

I think its a  matter of God's timing is all.

Nai

Jallen

Quote from: Chinadoll on March 13, 2009, 09:42:09 PM
I think its a  matter of God's timing is all.

Nai
If God is responsible, why is the divorce rate in the church the same as in the world; about 50% give or take?

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Jallen on March 13, 2009, 09:38:43 PM
Why is finding someone and getting married so simple for some and so complicated for others?
Is it just that they were at the right place at the right time in the right frame of mind... and we weren't?

I think you've sort of answered your own question there, Jallen.  I was just reading an article the other day about how things just line up at the right time, and if the guy isn't ready to really settle down, even if he finds a really great girl, it just doesn't work out.  It made a lot of sense, really.  I remember when I was in high school, this guy who was much older was really interested in me.  I was flattered, but he was ready to settle down, and I totally wasn't.

And it's not as much about YOU not being in the right place at the right time in the right frame of mind...  I think that maybe it's more about two like-minded people finding one another at the right time.

*mutters to self*
Where was that thread I started with all those confessions...?

p.s. Are you on ASN?

Sis

People get divorced for two main reasons.

1) they weren't listening to God in the first place and they jumped into something they weren't ready for.

But:

2) even those marriages can be saved if they'd pray together to try to save it. They're into the flesh. Or at least one of them is, the other MAY be trying to save things but if they BOTH don't work TOGETHER, it won't happen.  Really immature people don't want to work things out, they want what they want and now. Instant gratification!

Jallen, Where are you from?  You look familiar.

upcchris

My opinion on the divorce rate...and really, global mentality: is that humans are fallible and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be. Just my cynical 2c
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Jallen

Quote from: Sis on March 14, 2009, 03:32:25 AM
Jallen, Where are you from?  You look familiar.
BOL, Sister, you wouldn't believe how often people approach me thinking they know me from somewhere. I have what they call a 'Familiar Face'. lol, this is the first time it's happened online though. I'm from East Texas.

Jallen

Quote from: upcchris on March 14, 2009, 09:30:32 AM
My opinion on the divorce rate...and really, global mentality: is that humans are fallible and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be. Just my cynical 2c
I think you've made a profound statement.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Newsman on January 17, 2009, 11:17:22 PM
When I see women bash men, I'm usually torn between remaining a courteous gentleman and telling them how the cow ate the cabbage.

John

:laughhard:  Only you...lol  You'll be pleased to know that I don't try to bash men...in general; and because I know that women aren't perfect either!!!   Although, I will make fun of you(men)!! ;)  In a nice way.... :hypocrite:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

RainbowJingles

You know, I've been reading the book Love and Respect, and it has totally changed my perspective on relationships, and completely rocked my WORLD (yes, I've had a lot of that going on lately)!!  I have realized that male bashing is probably one of the most wicked things that the devil ever invented to harm men and marriages.  When a man is disrespected, he becomes unloving, and when a woman feels unloved, she becomes disrespectful, and the cycle continues forever until someone realizes that they have to start behaving.