News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

I Appreciate My Spouse

Started by Brother Dad, September 19, 2008, 03:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Dad

I have thought about starting this thread for several days.  My wife is so wonderful to me and is always seeking to please me.  But sometimes I feel I may not let her know how thankful I am for all the things she does.  So I thought maybe I could start a thread where we could lift our voices and tell how awesome our spouses are.  You know sometimes my wife just does little things that make me feel so good.  At other times she does bigger things.  It is my desire my doing this we all could learn to appreciate our spouse even more.

My wife cooks me breakfast every morning.  She knows exactly how I like my coffee.  There are things that she has learned about me that amazes me since we have only been married six months.  She always keeps the house nice and tidy.  She goes the extra mile.  She refuses to let me wear a shirt to Church until she irons it.  She is an awesome cook.  When ever we go to Church somewhere she is always ready to find someone that needs prayer and prays with them.  She is a great person to talk to.  I am just so blessed to have her as my wife. 

She has accepted my grown children and treat them as if they were her own.  She loves the grandkids and loves spoiling them.  She is just an awesome lady.

She honors and respects my deceased wife.  Her and I visited the grave the other week and Sister Mom took flowers and made a flower arrangement for my late wife's grave.  She sit there and cried and talked as if she was talking to her and letting her know she will try and do her best to take care of the family.  What an awesome lady. 

Words could never express the thankfullness I have for her or the Love I have for her but I want ever one to know marriage can be so awesome.  I know I have been bless twice.  God loves us so much. 

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sister_Mom

Thank you honey bear. That is soooo sweet! :cloud9:

The things I do are simply out of expression of my love for you.

Much to my surprise, marriage can be awesome. I never imagined love could be this way, but then I never knew love the way God intended...... it's the only way.

I'm so privileged to have a man of integrity and character. I am honored to be your wife. Everywhere we go, I'm proud to be by your side. The respect and love your children have for you reflects the kind of wonderful father you are and the respect of your brothers and sisters in Christ, including other pastors reflects the fact that you have integrity in your ministry and your life reflects your love for truth and your love for God.
A woman has to be careful in choosing a husband because it is very important to submit to one who will guide correctly and lead a family in the right and safe paths and not lead astray.

Eph 5:22-23  Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

I'm so thankful God sent me a man who is trustworthy that I can submit to and still feel safe and secure. I'm thankful to have a husband with such strong faith. I'm thankful to have a husband who isn't afraid to show his emotions and feelings and yet have such an inner strength that I know I have nothing to fear. I feel as long as I'm with you and let you know my feelings and concerns, nothing can harm me. I'm thankful to have a husband who names my son first when we pray for our children. I'm thankful to have a husband who knows how to go to battle for me and with me in prayer.

You don't make me feel like a maid around the house, but you make me feel like a respected and appreciated wife, I never feel like there is anything I HAVE to do, but everything I do is because I want to because I love you.

Other than your love for God, the most important thing to me is that I can trust you physically and emotionally.
There is nobody like you and I'm so glad I'm you're mine.

I love you so much, I never knew love like this existed and surely never thought I could have this kind of love in me.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Awww. I missed this thread till just now.

:addnothing:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Tricia Lea

NessasMama

Awwwwwwww.....................  :grin:
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Brother Dad

when we have an awesome spouse we should let the world know how thankful we are for them.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

MelodyB

When I get an awesome spouse....I will. ;)

:hypocrite:

Brother Dad

i would love to see others posting praises to their spouses on here.

NessasMama

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

sunlight

my spouse is absolutely amazing! :lol: He is kind, and caring, and knows how to pray! :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

My husband is a great guy.

He can fix almost anything.
He always keeps a job.  (at times more than one) 
He loves to help people. 
He is very giving. 
He loves God.
He enjoys studying the Bible. 
He loves me.
He is faithful.
He loves our kids and wants to see them saved.

Of course he has his faults, but so do I.  We all do.  Love covers over a multitude of sin.

When I was praying for God to send me a husband, I asked him for one that was strong in his beliefs and not wishy washy, and he did.  God is good.

Raven180

Quote from: Brother Dad on September 22, 2008, 02:14:16 AM
when we have an awesome spouse we should let the world know how thankful we are for them.

Ever notice (to all, not just to Bro Dad) that in Proverbs 31, in the last verse, it reads that the virtuous woman should be praised in the gates by her own works?

These works are decently described in the chapter and pretty much detail the work that the virtuous woman does at home or on behalf of her family.

So, then, how are the works of the virtuous woman praised in the gates, especially since she's so busy in the home, and certainly too virtuous to make a show of herself or brag about her works?

Verse 23:

Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders.

God bless,

Aaron
Luke 12:24,

24. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them...

Sis

My husband is awsome but I don't wanna get mushy about it. Don't like mush much.

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Brother Dad

Quote from: Raven180 on September 24, 2008, 04:30:37 AM
So, then, how are the works of the virtuous woman praised in the gates, especially since she's so busy in the home, and certainly too virtuous to make a show of herself or brag about her works?

Verse 23:

Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders.

God bless,

Aaron
I can truly say my wife brings honor to the Ministry that God has given me.

Brother Dad

Prov 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.
KJV
Ever wonder why God dpesn't say anywhere in the Bible, A woman that finds a husbands finds a good thing?

I think I know why.  Find out in my next post.

Brother Dad

Because God knows some things go without saying them. LOL

Tricia Lea

This September 29th, me and Stan will have been married 18 years

Brother Dad

Quote from: Tricia Lea on September 24, 2008, 01:13:46 PM
This September 29th, me and Stan will have been married 18 years
Great

MelodyB

*Shakes head @ Dad* :lol:

I told Mom a couple of months ago that we were studying about the virtuous woman in SS and that the more I read about it, and the more Bro Crabtree talked about her, the more I thought that Mom fit that description. :) 

I really believe she does. ;) You got yourself a great lady there.

Brother Dad

Quote from: MelodyB on September 24, 2008, 03:29:38 PM
*Shakes head @ Dad* :lol:

I told Mom a couple of months ago that we were studying about the virtuous woman in SS and that the more I read about it, and the more Bro Crabtree talked about her, the more I thought that Mom fit that description. :) 

I really believe she does. ;) You got yourself a great lady there.
Amen to that!! :clap:

NessasMama

After Christmas I can let everyone know what I appreciate about my spouse!!!  For now, I love everything about my spouse to be!!!!

Brother Dad

Quote from: NessasMama on September 26, 2008, 02:39:08 AM
After Christmas I can let everyone know what I appreciate about my spouse!!!  For now, I love everything about my spouse to be!!!!
Congratulations, will looking forward to the news.

iridiscente

My husband is the most patient, humble man I know. He great at being balanced in his response. He's extremely intelligent and musically gifted. He gives great hugs and makes me feel special when he's glad to see me when he comes home from work. He's gifted with languages and is great at writing. I have a lot to learn from him and hope I have a long time to do that.