News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Let's see your photography #3

Started by Sis, September 02, 2008, 09:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Busy day here...

Sis, heres a bi-plane for you!

Piper Cub...my all time favorite plane.

My new all time favorite photo.  I was standing just to the right of the approach and got this shot...

Hope you enjoy!

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I was thinking that a biplane had two wings and was like Huh?  But then I looked closer and decided the red one has and more wings they're just hard to see.

Those are cool pics!

Sis

:hyper:  I wanna ride in a biplane! I wanna ride in a biplane!  :hyper:

I rode in a Cessna a few years back. In Door County. We were going someplace near Green Bay, and we saw a sign for plane rides, and decided at the spur of the moment to go for a ride. Man, is it different than big bodied planes. It was more fun!

Except for the part where I smacked my head getting into the thing. Right after he told me to watch my head, SMACK!

Stevebert

Quote from: Sis on April 21, 2009, 08:38:19 PM

I rode in a Cessna a few years back. In Door County. We were going someplace near Green Bay, and we saw a sign for plane rides, and decided at the spur of the moment to go for a ride. Man, is it different than big bodied planes. It was more fun!

Except for the part where I smacked my head getting into the thing. Right after he told me to watch my head, SMACK!

Yeah, this was very cool. I was into the MS Flight Simulator game at the time and I was trying to watch the pilot, the instruments, and the scenery all at the same time...  I could have taken off and flown this plane! Just like on the computer! But my simulator landings were usually wrecks...

Sis

I can't find the cartoon I used to keep on the office desk. BLAH!

A not so good substitute.

mini

Here is one that I took this morning on my way home.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Sis, heres a couple I took last year.  You might like them....

Sis

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Awsome!  Where's Snoopy?

Oh there he is. He's standing by the wrong plane!  :laughhard:

Sis

I never thought bamboo would grow around here! Whoda thunk it?

Sis

I didn't take this one but I like it!

Sis

Coppertone

Gray scale

Sepiatone

Old photo (frame)

Sis

mini

Here are a few I fiddled around with this weeked.

I know this is a farmall, but this photo in its original size is amazing.  The paint was perfect, and as a result you could see perfect reflections....

Brennen swinging, Chelleebelle pushing him, and Brionna looking a little weird...LOL

Fun shot at the carshow in town this weekend.

Pretty shot of the Oklahoma countryside...

mini

3 I took today.  Had some clouds roll through, and this is the result.

Sis

OOOHH Love sky pics. Great!   :thumbsup2:

Heather

ok. i didn't take this, but my friend Justin did and i'm in the picture. i'm obviously the only girl. this was taken in the reflection of our youth pastor's aviators.

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

MORE!

Here is a shot I took, I loved the way the clouds were reflecting in the puddles, ect.

And....introducing my very first EVER lighting shot...

Sis

Lightning shots are hard to get, too! I sat out on the balcony, one night, and took over 200 pictures and all I got was that one lightning shot I've posted before. I also got one of the clouds getting bright because of lightning behind them. But I really want to get a picture of a bolt or fork lightning. It usually happens over the airport. They must have lightning rods or something.

Sis

I found this while looking at other's photos in Photobucket. It's awsome!

Sis

Playing around with the new camera, trying it at different light levels, and zoom settings. Not all of them turned out how I wanted.

Sis

Here's a picture a photographer friend from MN took. I love it.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Sis on April 21, 2009, 08:38:19 PM

LOL... aw... poor Sis...

In a somewhat related story...

As a kid, and even now, I have always been fascinated with flying.

My gramps fed this through many trips to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, and with his old copies of Air Force Magazine.

For my 15th birthday, my mom and step-father gave me a introductory flight lesson. I was thrilled... it was awesome. I actually was allowed to help control the plane.

All was going well till we got up to around 1500 ft, and then my door flew open...! I freaked, and could not bring myself to reach out the plane to grab the door and close it. The instructor thought it was hilarious, and reached over top of me to grab the door, and shut it.

I still remember that feeling, but still plan to eventually get my private pilots license... eventually.   :biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

Then you can fly down to OK and land in Minnesota's airport!  *Grin*

mini

I need to post the pictures of the Cub if flew in...we flew with the doors open.

Melody

I took this last fall in Branson @ the Christian theater there.  My friend got the same kind of picture of me, only I appeared to be sniffing the llama's bum.