News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Lana Joy :)

Started by nicolejoy, April 23, 2008, 03:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upcchris

Excited Nik? Or would impatient be a better word? ;)
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

nicolejoy

Yep, a bit of both!! And nervous, and a bit overwhelmed at everything I'm gonna have to do in order to get back to Oz for Christmas. We're meant to be there in less than 2 months now, and have SO MUCH to do before we can go!!

upcchris

Not to mention giving birth ;) Woah if that ticker is right you got roughly a week to go! :thumbsup2:

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Tina~Chris

newkris

praying for you!  don't worry . . . thousands of women around the world do this same thing every day and have for thousands of years . . . you'll be fine. 

can't wait to see pics of the new addition! 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

joyeuse

anyone has the news? so its a boy  a girl. Im quite sure its a boy

iridiscente

Quote from: joyeuse on October 27, 2008, 10:34:38 PM
anyone has the news? so its a boy  a girl. Im quite sure its a boy
I'd like to know too.

MelodyB

Its a girl...she was born on the 24th!! YAY!!

Ill let Nicole tell her name and show the pics. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

joyeuse

Good to hear. Oh i was wrong about the boy

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on October 27, 2008, 11:01:17 PM
Its a girl...she was born on the 24th!! YAY!!

Ill let Nicole tell her name and show the pics. :)

How'd you get the hotline to Hong Kong?

MelodyB

Cause I am special. ;) Well...not just me. Some of us are and I am one of them. :)

upcchris

WOOOHOO! Weclome to the world baby Luk! :great: :great: :great: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tina~Chris

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

savedbygrace

:hi:
I am so happy for her..and jealous at the same time...lol my due date has come and gone..and yet here I am still pregnant!!! lol..but I am dying to know the little one's name..lol

MelodyB

I got permission to share Nicole's news about her baby!!

Lana was born at 11:37pm on October 24th

Her full name is Lana Joy Si-Lan Luk. They pronounce Lana "Lah-nah" (some Americans pronounce it with a short "a", that's fine too, whatever!!) Si-Lan is pronounced "See-Lahn" (so the Lan sounds the same as the Lan in Lana)

And here she is!!

Quote from: NicoleJoyLana Joy Si-Lan Luk was born on October 24 at 11:37pm. Si-Lan is her Chinese name.

She weighed 3.555kg (7lb 13oz) and was 50cm long.

My waters broke on October 23 around 10am - but my labour didn't start naturally. So I had to be induced the next morning, with the "threat" of needing an emergency cesarean if the induction was unsuccessful, because of the risk of infection.

As it was, Lana was born about 38 hours after my waters broke WITHOUT needing an emergency cesarean (although we cut it close!!) and so she had to spend her first day in the special care unit under observation, just because of the increased risk of infection.

After a day, there was no sign of infection so Lana got to be with Mummy!! YAY - and after 2 more days, we were allowed home, so we got home yesterday

So now, on my "due date", I'm home with my 4 day old angel and my sick husband (he has a bad cough) looking after the both of them

Quote from: nicolejoy on October 29, 2008, 01:39:07 AM
Heres some more pics of her with her eyes open (around 2am when she should be sleeping!!)

She's not actually THAT yellow, the colours are a bit off... but the other pics didn't show her eyes open ;)

So there you have it!! Nic said she might not be able to get over here for awhile, so I can go ahead and inform everyone. ;)

savedbygrace

Oh wow..she is so beautiful!!! I am so happy for them, and I know they are so glad she is here, and safe with them. Thanks for posting, I was so excited about hearing more from them, and seeing pictures! :clap:

newkris

oh wow!  how fun is that?  what a beautiful baby!  so sorry you had such a long labor, though.  it makes you very, very tired.  glad you get to be home and have bernie there to help some.  how nice.

thanks, God.
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

Awwww.... so adorable.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

iridiscente

Ariel had a fit saying "baby" when she saw the pictures!

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

joyeuse

Oh what good news. Good to hear that you and the baby are doing good. The sweetie Lana seems to look like her father. Nicole if you can read this, just get some rest and enjoy your baby acoz time  fly so fast.  Welcome again to the liltle Lana

RainbowJingles

**HUGS** Lana and her awesome parents

:cloud9: babies  :-)

sunlight

* sunlight prays for and hugs Nic and Lana
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

nicolejoy

Aw - thanks guys!!

Lana's a week and a half old now, doing well!! She's a really good baby, but just hasn't learned what "night time" is yet so I'm pretty tired!!

Bernard went back to work today so I'm home alone with baby - at least for this week. On Monday, my Mum and MIL and sister will get here from Australia to "help out" and to play with the baby!!

We've had a crazy week since she was born - we have to rush to get all the paperwork done to get back to Australia for Christmas, but that's all on track, we should be fine and have a passport within 4 weeks!!

On top of everything else, I came down with Bell's Palsy after the delivery, so the right hand side of my face is paralysed (it should be only temporary, a few weeks to a few months depending on how fast I recover) - so that's been additional "fun" and I've had more doctors visits, had to go to the neurologist etc... but I'm staying positive (I am NOW at least, at first, it was REALLY hard...)

So please pray for us - we definitely need it!!

newkris

wow, nic, that is a lot of life in a small time frame.  will surely be praying for you.  glad the paperwork is worked out for you to take a trip home.  having something to look forward to always helps in the tough days. 

keep us posted as you can!  and hug that baby for me!
me, too.