News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

When Is the right time to start a family ?

Started by JonathanHarper, February 08, 2008, 05:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonathanHarper

So my wife and I have been together for four years and married for three months and we're wanting to start having children, but aren't really sure if we should start away, we've pretty much decided that we're not going to try to stop from having a baby, but not really sure if now is the perfect time.

Sis

Our youth pastor back home waited four years and they felt it was perfect for them. They got to know each other before having kids. Too often people don't get to know each other really well, and the kids come and they just don't have time to be alone much anymore.

But I guess the time is right when a couple decides it is. Pray about it, first of course.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

JonathanHarper

Chseeads

My answer would be Never.

:grin:

But since you're already in the boat and up the creek without a paddle in sight....At LEAST a year before popping a baby out...a few years would be good.

sunlight

* sunlight agree's with mel... this could get interesting... lol
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

iridiscente

MelodyB

Scott

Quote from: NathanTodd on February 08, 2008, 05:53:52 AM
    So my wife and I have been together for four years and married for three months and we're wanting to start having children, but aren't really sure if we should start away, we've pretty much decided that we're not going to try to stop from having a baby, but not really sure if now is the perfect time.

There is no good time and no bad time.

When you WANT to have kids, have them! PERIOD!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Ashlee

I agree with Scott.  No one can actually tell you when to have children.  That has to be a personal decision between you and your wife.  My only suggestion is that you still make time for each other even after the baby is born.

NessasMama

My husband and I had our daughter nine months to the day from our wedding night!!!! So, IMHO, if you want kids now, go for it!!!!!!  ;) I'm not really sure there is ever a "right" time. I've known some people who get married and have waited for 5 or more yrs. to have them and they wished that they hadn't waited so long. I guess it's different with each couple!!!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

JonathanHarper

Thanks everyone !  We'll we've talked about it and we really want to have a baby so we're going to start trying.   :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Sis

*Sis raises water glass* Here's hoping you are successful!   :hypocrite:

Ashlee

Quote from: Sis on February 09, 2008, 05:09:26 AM
*Sis raises water glass* Here's hoping you are successful!   :hypocrite:

:tantrum: Don't drink the GP water.....oh wait, you're already married, and WANT to have a baby.  Guess it won't hurt ya then.   :laughhard:

Sis

Babs

*decides to stop drinking water of any kind*  :laughhard:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Sis

You gonna shrivel up, especially if you substitute coffee for water!

Chseeads

TwirlyGirly

My husband and I waited till our second anniv. to officially start trying. Not because we were waiting for perfect timing or anything, but just because we had a lot going on those first couple of years of marriage. I think it was the perfect timing for us. Our little girl is the light of our lives and we both have benefited from having her.

So the time to have kids....is when it's right for you. Only you can determine when that is. And if now is the right time, then yea for you!  The fun is in trying. :D
"And of some, having compassion, making a difference." Jude 22

JonathanHarper

we'll this past weekend my mom got married to this really great guy (a long history in itself another story for another time) and my brother's birthday ... so we told my family that we are officially trying to start a family.  My mom said it was about time and my grandmother asked if we could have a girl, i almost asked her if she remembered out children are conceived, but decided to for the fear of her telling me something I really didn't want to know !!!

And Sis. melody, i am pretty sure you'll be one of the first to know if we are !!!

MelodyB

BOL!!  Sis. Melody.

Thank you, I am honored to be among the first to know. ;) 

JonathanHarper

well you know how it is.... lol have to respect those older than me :-/

Sis

Sooo you gots me and Mel married or what?  :laughhard:  When you use a capital S dat be me, not short for sister... LOL&L&L&L&L&L&L&L&L

JonathanHarper

Quote from: Sis on February 12, 2008, 07:37:01 AM
Sooo you gots me and Mel married or what?  :laughhard:  When you use a capital S dat be me, not short for sister... LOL&L&L&L&L&L&L&L&L

What does that mean ?

Sis