News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

On dating and romance....

Started by SippinTea, June 19, 2007, 05:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

It is Garfields Birthday today!

:birthday:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

B

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

Newsman

Dating AND Romance? Aren't they mutually exclusive?

:laughhard: :laughhard: I am such a jerk!  :laughhard: :laughhard:

err, John  :waving:

SippinTea

Quote from: Newsman on June 26, 2007, 06:29:59 AM
Dating AND Romance? Aren't they mutually exclusive?

Yeah, it does indeed seem that way sometimes. *smile*

:beret:

MelodyB

SippinTea

upcchris

Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Newsman

:great::thumbsup2: = 3 thumbs up for that one!  :biglaugh:

John  :waving:

MelodyB

TRAV

How is dating and romance related? 

btw, I believe they are (for the "I can't figure TRAV out crowd")
PROVERBS 3:5,6

Raecheal

I don't know.. I don't think romance should be a huge priority when dating is in the beginning stages - I think romance is more intimate than casual dating. In the beginning, I think I'd ask more 'how is dating and friendship related?'

TRAV

Quote from: Rae on June 26, 2007, 05:54:19 PM
I don't know.. I don't think romance should be a huge priority when dating is in the beginning stages - I think romance is more intimate than casual dating. In the beginning, I think I'd ask more 'how is dating and friendship related?'

Well, I'm not necessarily equating hugging and kissing with romance, although they do add a bit of flavor. Romance relates to how you think and do things.

:updown:

Raecheal

I'm not equating anything physical with romance either.. Ideally - dating is the deepening of a friendship that's already present (ideally - not always the case, I know) ... I think romance should come into play when there's heart (more than dating) and commitment involved .. Dating should be used to get to know each other without tossing precious sentiments about.

LarryTheCucumber

Quote from: Rae on June 26, 2007, 06:13:56 PM
I'm not equating anything physical with romance either.. Ideally - dating is the deepening of a friendship that's already present (ideally - not always the case, I know) ... I think romance should come into play when there's heart (more than dating) and commitment involved .. Dating should be used to get to know each other without tossing precious sentiments about.
very well stated.

SippinTea

Tell me again.... why do they think I'm dangerous?  :freaky2:

SippinTea

MelodyB

TRAV

Dating sounds math related.

Romance is an art.

SippinTea

TRAV

Quote from: SippinTea on June 27, 2007, 11:37:08 PM
A nearly lost art.

sniffsniff :cry2:

All across the auditorium, Let's hold hands...I feel like we've made a breakthrough

:cow: lol

SippinTea

Nah, because then someone would come up with a comment about how holding hands could be considered romantic, which would completely defeat the purpose of the breakthrough. *grin*

I think I'll just go create some romantic art somewhere instead.  :P

TRAV

Quote from: SippinTea on June 27, 2007, 11:50:22 PM
Nah, because then someone would come up with a comment about how holding hands could be considered romantic, which would completely defeat the purpose of the breakthrough. *grin*

Personally, I get real tired of worrying about what other people MIGHT think. You ever get the feeling that someone else is running your life?

Newsman

Hmmmm..a direct quote, no less...

John  :waving:

Quote from: SippinTea on June 27, 2007, 11:50:22 PM