News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

The things people say when you're pregnant

Started by Jennie-lynnie, April 03, 2007, 06:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennie-lynnie

I was just wondering what kind of things have been said to those of you who have had several children. One particular phrase comes to mind for me! lol. With this being my second pregnancy I have heard the phrase "Haven't you figured out what causes that yet?" At least 30 times! lol. I know it is all in fun, but it does seem kinda rude or something. Just wondering if other have had experiences like this.

EricShane

Quote from: Jennie-lynnie on April 03, 2007, 06:41:17 AM
I was just wondering what kind of things have been said to those of you who have had several children. One particular phrase comes to mind for me! lol. With this being my second pregnancy I have heard the phrase "Haven't you figured out what causes that yet?" At least 30 times! lol. I know it is all in fun, but it does seem kinda rude or something. Just wondering if other have had experiences like this.
the other day at work this girl asked me to make out with her, and this other pregnant girl says "You dont want to make out with her, you'll end up like me" and points at her belly, lol
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

TiffanyJ

well the chinese lady at the chinese restaurant did mention something about me having twins once. That was not fun. And that was like two months ago.

littlegal

while i was pregnant with my third i would get plenty of comments about having so many.  It's funny now that I have him, instead of the comments of having so many kids, because i have three boys now the question is "are you going to try for a girl?".   My thought is "i did that already and it didn't work"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

myhaloisintheshop

"you all need bunk beds or seperate rooms!"

i heard that one a couple a times with the 4th one.

randerzforya

Quote from: littlegal on April 03, 2007, 12:50:54 PM
while i was pregnant with my third i would get plenty of comments about having so many.  It's funny now that I have him, instead of the comments of having so many kids, because i have three boys now the question is "are you going to try for a girl?".   My thought is "i did that already and it didn't work"

:laughhard: Brandon's uncle had 5 boys trying for a girl, got 1 girl, then they decided they wanted another one. Two boys later they finally got another girl. I told Brandon not to get any ideas, that we'll just settle for 2 or 3 boys! LOL

randerzforya

Quote from: Jennie-lynnie on April 03, 2007, 06:41:17 AM

I've haven't heard that one, but the young newlyweds at church (there are like 4 couples and more on the way..the love bug has definitely hit LOL), joke that by the time they start having kids we should be on our 9th or 10th. :roll: We didn't get pregnant that close together, I don't think. They're gonna be 2 years and 1 month apart, and I've heard that about 2 years is the best amount of time. I guess this past year or so has gone by so fast that it just seems like it hasn't been that long since I've had Ethan.

JoleneHeather

Well I didn't get that much comment in that way because of course I only was having my first.  But now I get ALL the time.  When you having your next.  NEVER!  And people then tell me not to say that.  Drives me nuts.  Can't a person be happy with one kid!?

Melody

"Did you eat a watermelon seed?"

I like the things that kids say, like, "how does he breathe?" 

Tricia Lea

*Christi*

I got plenty of rude comments during my last pregnancy.  Alot of the "don't you know what causes that" and "you need a new hobby".

We always wanted 3 kids, no matter what.  The comments about "trying for a girl" really made me mad because I would have loved the 3rd if it was a boy just as much as I love Isabelle... I wasn't "Trying for a girl", I was completing my planned family of 5!

This is the one that makes me REALLY angry.  My pastor and his wife have 3 kids that are spaced EXACTLY to the month like ours.  Theirs are 2 1/2 years older than ours.  When we told him that we were pregnant with Isabelle he said "oh, I'm so sorry!!"!!!!!!!  How could anyone ever be sorry about any pregnancy!!  And we WANTED to be pregnant!!  I stated "don't be sorry, we're not, we planned this baby" and he said something along the lines of us be stupid or crazy or something!!!

When I was pregnant with Noah I got ALOT of comments on my size... like Tiff, "are you having twins" or "haven't you had that baby yet?" and I was only 6 months along.

JoleneHeather

ugh... I hated that one.  You haven't had that kid yet?

myhaloisintheshop

Everyone use to assume I was unhappy because I was having another boy.  IT really didn't matter to me.  They thought I was crazy when I wanted my 4th to be a boy. 

randerzforya

Quote from: CRStrom on April 03, 2007, 05:25:44 PM
I got plenty of rude comments during my last pregnancy.  Alot of the "don't you know what causes that" and "you need a new hobby".

We always wanted 3 kids, no matter what.  The comments about "trying for a girl" really made me mad because I would have loved the 3rd if it was a boy just as much as I love Isabelle... I wasn't "Trying for a girl", I was completing my planned family of 5!

This is the one that makes me REALLY angry.  My pastor and his wife have 3 kids that are spaced EXACTLY to the month like ours.  Theirs are 2 1/2 years older than ours.  When we told him that we were pregnant with Isabelle he said "oh, I'm so sorry!!"!!!!!!!  How could anyone ever be sorry about any pregnancy!!  And we WANTED to be pregnant!!  I stated "don't be sorry, we're not, we planned this baby" and he said something along the lines of us be stupid or crazy or something!!!

When I was pregnant with Noah I got ALOT of comments on my size... like Tiff, "are you having twins" or "haven't you had that baby yet?" and I was only 6 months along.

Brandon and I have decided that we want 3-4 kiddos, and while we didn't plan on having more after Ethan until we were older, I DO NOT regret this pregnancy at all! I know I was upset when I told one of my good friends at church and she looked at me almost with pity and said she's "sorry for us". Ugh!! That just frustrates me to no end! We may not have been planning this little one, but obviously God thought it was time for he/she to get here, and that's fine with us! I get really offended when people talk about having another baby or being pregnant as a negative thing, to me it's one of the biggest blessings that God can give you, and it's sad when people can't/don't recognize that!

I didn't get very big with Ethan at all, I got the "are you sure you're pregnant?" and "girl, you know you need to eat enough for you AND the baby!" comments. :roll: My weight has always stayed between 103-110, I have never been able to gain weight. And when I got pregnant the doctor said the most I should gain was 18-25 lbs. I gained 53, *oops*, and I remember when I told people how much I had gained I got a bunch of looks like "yeah right". If I was gonna lie about how much I gained I think I would shoot for less, not more! LOL.

This time we're getting a lot of lectures from older people who think that we're too young to be having a family. (Kind of late for that one, huh? LOL) What we think is hilarious is these are the same people who got married at 15 and 16 and had several kids by the time they were the age we are now. Not every young person is made to go to college and be single and date for 10 years. Some of us are just stay at home family kinda people. I'm very happy to be settled and grounded with my hubby and kids, and it's also good to know that more than likely I'll be here long enough to see my grandkids grow up and have their own kids!  :thumbsup2:

Melody

I think it's great to have as many or few kids as you want.  I'll be honest, Nathan only wanted 2 so that's all we will ever have but my heart yearns for more.  What a blessing to just have a big family!

Chosen1

When I got pregnant with Ethan i had a broke leg, so people would say "I see what you were doing with your time since you couldnt do anything else."   

Melody

That's kind of personal but it sounds kind of funny though too because it could be true!

randerzforya

Quote from: Chosen1 on April 03, 2007, 06:29:37 PM
When I got pregnant with Ethan i had a broke leg, so people would say "I see what you were doing with your time since you couldnt do anything else."   

:laughhard: Oh my! That one caught me off guard! I would think having a broken leg would be the best birth control! LOL

Chseeads

Nah...the opposite....it'd keep her from running from her husband.  :P

randerzforya

:roll: LOL True, exactly how long do you stay in a cast with a broken leg??

TiffanyJ

Well just try explaining to people why you had to buy a new bedroom suit cuz your old one was broke when you just found out your pregnant....very embaressing. Even the people who didn't say anything...you could tell thats what they were thinking.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Chseeads on April 03, 2007, 06:35:01 PM
Nah...the opposite....it'd keep her from running from her husband.  :P

True  but the cast could be used as a wepon lol

I broke my leg last year so I know lolol :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Chseeads

Quote from: MirandaLynn on April 03, 2007, 06:37:02 PM

Long enough apparently.   :hypocrite:

Tricia Lea

Quote from: MirandaLynn on April 03, 2007, 06:37:02 PM

6 long weeks lolol