News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

The things people say when you're pregnant

Started by Jennie-lynnie, April 03, 2007, 06:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randerzforya

Quote from: TiffanyJ on April 03, 2007, 06:37:46 PM
Well just try explaining to people why you had to buy a new bedroom suit cuz your old one was broke when you just found out your pregnant....very embaressing. Even the people who didn't say anything...you could tell thats what they were thinking.

Haha, yeah I could imagine the looks and jokes we'd hear about that one!  :laughhard:

Chosen1

Well my ex-hubby and I were in a car wreck Dec. 17 2002 and i broke my leg in 8 places.  So from December to March 1st i had a metal bar on the outside of my leg with screws going inside to help bones grow back together.  So after I went into a cast on March 1st, we could actually do things b/c with the bar in my leg I didnt do nothing.  But anyways, needless to say Ethan was conceived on March 31, 2003 and was born Dec. 17, 2003.  So he was born exactly one year 2hrs and 22 mins from the date of the horrible wreck we had.   I was in a cast from March to November.

Drewbears

Oh goodness. I have heard SOOOOO many comments. This being my 6th baby you can imagine. OY!

Lets see I have heard......

You do know what causes that right??
So you don't believe in birth control??
Are you DONE after this one??
How many more you gonna have??
oh and this one I love...... Don't you have a TV?? (Its like the think we have nothing else to do)

My mind is mush right now, but I have heard many more. I get lots of comments in general cuz we have "SO MANY KIDS" anyway, it gets old.

I might get in trouble for admitting this.... but one day I was having a bad day I had heard LOTS of comments cuz of all the kids while I was out and someone I KINDA know, not a complete stranger said while pointing to my belly.... "you do know what causes that right?" I was being smart and I said. "Oh yes, and we really like it!"

Lets just say they turned red and shut right up.

littlegal

Jeremy had been off work for 3 months for shoulder surgery when we got to announce our pregnancy with zakary.  So we got plenty of comments of "nothing better to do with him off of work, huh?"  We would just grin and let it go.   It actually had nothing to do with him being off work so long, i was just upset that my baby turned one  :grin:

World Traveler

I tend to be a little ornery :freaky2:

My favorite things to say to the ladies who are expecting:

1. You all need to get a TV! (If they have had more than 2 kids).
2. Do you know what "they" are going to be yet? (alluding to twins, trips, etc.)
3. Ya know, one baby can be hidden behind another on the sonogram.... I hope you are having twins or triplets, tht would be so much fun!

and my all time favorite......
4. Will you name it after me? (Even if it is a girl :biglaugh: .)
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Chosen1

The thing about a TV is, you can still be in the mood while you are watching TV and say forget the show, lets get "busy".

Envelope

Yeah, Poor vince has nothing better to do with his time, except harass pregnant women!!

sharon

Amelia Bedelia

Quote from: Drewbears on April 03, 2007, 11:19:17 PM
I might get in trouble for admitting this.... but one day I was having a bad day I had heard LOTS of comments cuz of all the kids while I was out and someone I KINDA know, not a complete stranger said while pointing to my belly.... "you do know what causes that right?" I was being smart and I said. "Oh yes, and we really like it!"
:biglaugh: *high five!*   
that is so totally what I would tell someone  LOL  regardless of who they are
either that or if in a really crowded place where others overheard and were waiting for the answer a totally blank look and "No, what? PLEASE won't you tell me!"

EricShane

haha... one of my close friends at work is pregnant right now, and .. I cant say here what I tell her.. lol but.. lets just say more than her belly has grown *bol* and today she came out of the break room and was like "Eric, do they look bigger today!" *bol* i was so embarrassed... but she was serious  :o

so.. I jumped up and grabbed her belly and was like... Oh my God, your So huge.. how many are you having!?

lol..
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

TiffanyJ

Quote from: Drewbears on April 03, 2007, 11:19:17 PM
Oh goodness. I have heard SOOOOO many comments. This being my 6th baby you can imagine. OY!

Lets see I have heard......

You do know what causes that right??
So you don't believe in birth control??
Are you DONE after this one??
How many more you gonna have??
oh and this one I love...... Don't you have a TV?? (Its like the think we have nothing else to do)

My mind is mush right now, but I have heard many more. I get lots of comments in general cuz we have "SO MANY KIDS" anyway, it gets old.

Lets just say they turned red and shut right up.

LOL thats hilarious. I love your big family you all look so cute. Now i think I would probably shoot myself if I had to go through this pregnancy thing again and I totally admire anyone who has a large family (I am kidding we do plan to have a couple more just not ANYTIME soon.)

randerzforya

Quote from: Chosen1 on April 04, 2007, 01:46:12 AM
The thing about a TV is, you can still be in the mood while you are watching TV and say forget the show, lets get "busy".

:spitlaugh: What's funny about that is that's how this little one was conceived!! LOL :oops:

littlegal

Quote from: World Traveler on April 04, 2007, 01:33:04 AM
I tend to be a little ornery :freaky2:

My favorite things to say to the ladies who are expecting:

1. You all need to get a TV! (If they have had more than 2 kids).
2. Do you know what "they" are going to be yet? (alluding to twins, trips, etc.)
3. Ya know, one baby can be hidden behind another on the sonogram.... I hope you are having twins or triplets, tht would be so much fun!

4. Will you name it after me? (Even if it is a girl :biglaugh: .)

First of all, i would have loved to have had twins.  I was disappointed that i didn't, all three times...

And secondly, i inadvertantly named my last child after you.  So be proud, haha.

World Traveler

Yea!!!!!!

Ok... any others? The more Vince's in this world, the merrier. :-)

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

littlegal

We chose that name because it is my dad and my grandpa's middle name.  Since we named him that, i have met more guys name Vince.  I didn't realize it was such a popular name at the time.  His name is Anthany Vincent and i'm sorry to say that my husband liked it because of an episode of the A-Team where hannibal pretends to be a mobster name Tony Vincent.  Jeremy felt like it was a good, tough name.  Now most of the guys at church every time they see anthany call himi "tony vincent' in their best mob voice....men....what can you do with them?

Amelia Bedelia

Quote from: littlegal on April 04, 2007, 02:41:22 PM
men....what can you do with them?
obviously a lot.... just see some of the comments listed above
:hypocrite:

randerzforya

Amelia Bedelia

RandyWayne

I have to admit that we have routinely told people we know around here who end up pregnant "I'm sorry....." (told with a slight grin) but only because we A)know them well and B)WE get hassled constantly with "So, when are you going to have any kids???" or even worse, being told that it is not Gods will to NOT have kids.  We actually think it is nothing but jealousy since we get a lot of sneers when we go on our regular "kidless" trips and short vacations.  (From my wifes large extended family, most of which live in the area.)

Amelia Bedelia

things I say when I see someone pregnant...
I typically get a little too excited....
If it is an announcment its usually:  Really?!?!?!?! I'm so happy for you!!!! congrats!  omw, how many weeks are you? are you going to find out what you are having? ....!!......!!!!.....!!!
and if its like my coworker and I'm getting to watch her belly grow it is a weekly (would be daily but I try to not go overboard)  "You are so adorable! I'm so jealous! I hope I look like you when I'm pregnant, so amazing! !!!! Awwww I saw your belly move!!! ....!!!.....!!!!!.....!!!"  or if I'm being ornery and I'll just look at her and say "Ya know, I think you might be pregnant - you've got something in there, can't fool me!"

World Traveler

Of course, it can backfire. You better know the person you are about to ask "so is it going to be a boy or a girl?" is actually pregnant and not just FAT!!!!

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

RandyWayne

Like the commercial:  "Ohhhhhh, boy or girl?  When are you doooooo.....?"
"Girl!  I'm not pregnant!"
"Your not......?"
"No!"
<brief pause>  "Thank you..?"
"Awwwww.... come here.  Common! :) "

World Traveler

One of the things I like to say AFTER the baby is born is "Does it come with a warranty?". When the answer is "no", I kinda just frown, look at the baby, shake my head, and say, "Too bad".
This is funnier if the baby has just burped on them or they are changing the baby.  :biglaugh:

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

EricShane

once I asked a woman if she was pregnant... and she said no..  :o I was embarrased
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

B

netter

My daughter is so tired of people asking if she knows yet what gender the baby is. She has decided when she hears, "Do you know what it is yet?" , she is going to reply, "It's a koala bear."
Loved the comment on knowing what causes it and that they like it. I'll tell that to Kat so she can use it too. lol
* ~Netter~ *
"Let God write your lifes story." Bro. Cody Marks