News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Whats in YOUR Crock-pot?

Started by MelodyB, January 23, 2007, 08:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I have some chicken wings I am putting on tomorrow morning, with BBQ and I will make mashed potatoes and corn when I get home....mmmmmmm
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

NessasMama

With all this talk about food, I think it's time for a snack!!!!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: TriciaLea on January 28, 2007, 03:57:57 AM
well dust it off and surprise them one day

not really had reason to use mine cause its a small one and my mom has two large crock pots

Tricia Lea

Backseat Radio

no snacks for this youngin.  I might get me a glass of grape cool aid.

NessasMama

I had a very very small piece of chocolate cake with buttercream frosting on it and some Sprite.
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 28, 2007, 04:36:16 AM
no snacks for this youngin.  I might get me a glass of grape cool aid.

What no grasshoppers to go with that

newkris

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 28, 2007, 04:29:38 AM
Quote from: TriciaLea on January 28, 2007, 03:57:57 AM
well dust it off and surprise them one day

not really had reason to use mine cause its a small one and my mom has two large crock pots

so .  . how do you adjust recipies for a small crock pot?  do you halve them? 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Arctic Rose

I like my crock pot, but the only thing that actually has gone in it has been the Betty Crockers Beef Stew. I should try a couple of these recipes out on the boys sometime soon.

I am not Spoiled.... Just well Loved!

Tricia Lea

I am actually thinking of pulling out my crockpot this weekend and making chicken and dumplins

txlnghrn

Quote from: rapunzelgirl on January 23, 2007, 04:43:50 PM
POT ROAST
Roast, carrots, potatoes, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 packet of onion soup mix
Serve with rolls or fresh French bread and sweet tea.

CHEESY CHICKEN
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can cheddar cheese soup, 1 tsp. garlic powder
Serve over rice or pasta

*Of course with both of these you can put them in the CrockPot before you leave for work, and when you get home...it's done and your house smells divine!

on the cheesy chicken...do you add any water or any other liquid...or just let the soup be the liquid?
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18 NIV

Roxie

The Soup is the Liquid :) It gets thinner... and it turns out great... You will like it!
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

EricShane

I Love my Crack Pot! I make Taco Soup, It is sooooo awesome... I could eat that stuff everyday, infact I think ill make it tomorrow its sooo awesome, Ive been craving it too..
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

EricShane

Quote from: TriciaLea on March 15, 2007, 02:01:31 AM
I am actually thinking of pulling out my crockpot this weekend and making chicken and dumplins
oh my lord, that is holiness... Ive been craving chicken and dumplings sooo bad... But - theres only certain peoples I'll eat
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

txlnghrn

Quote from: Roxie on March 24, 2007, 10:43:53 PM
The Soup is the Liquid :) It gets thinner... and it turns out great... You will like it!

cool...will have to try that......oh...another question...what setting do you put it on? High, Low, or warm?
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18 NIV

RandyWayne

Right now.... Some ground up hamburger meat with a good dose of Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce!  Once it is served on a toasted bun, it is liberally sprinkled with Feta cheese.  The ultimate manly mans BBQ!
(And I HATE Sloppy Joe's!)

Roxie

That sounds great Randy!

Oh and Dustin??? LOL Sorry I didn't check back in...

you but it on low heat for like 7 to 8 hours
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Backseat Radio

I've got chicken in my crock pot.  We're gonna have chicken for dinner tonight.  Then tomorrow we're gonna make chicken salad.

Melody

I didn't read all three pages....

I make a variation of chicken rice stew.  You "brown" the chicken pieces, throw them in the crock pot with a couple cans of chicken broth and rice.  I add some onion and garlic salt and let that cook for a few hours on low.  When the rice is almost all the way done, about dinner time, I toss in some frozen broccolli.  When the rice and broccolli are done I put some frozen corn in, the corn cooks really fast so you wait a few minutes and serve.

I make my spagetti sauce in the crockpot if I have errands to do during the day.

I make beef stew 2 different ways.  One with cream of mushroom soup, carrots and potatoes & maybe a tad onion.  And the other with tomato juice, carrots, gr. beans, potatoes, onions.  My hubby likes it both ways.  The best, juiciest meat is when I coat the stew meat with peppered flour, saute' it and then put it in the crockpot.  I read that in a recipe once, it said that it seals in the juices and creates a self thickening element to the soup/gravy.

mini

I put a roast in about 10 this morning...took it out about 5:30...woo doggy.  This thread inspired the roast and trust me, it was some good eating.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Tricia Lea

myhaloisintheshop

I made an awesome roast this week.  I should have waited to make it for Sunday afternoon though.

MelodyB

I need to re-read this thread again and start cooking somthing other than Tuna Helper.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Tricia Lea

Melody

:laughhard:

A friend just gave us some deer/elk? meat and I'm going to make a stew with some.