Main Menu

Whats in YOUR Crock-pot?

Started by MelodyB, January 23, 2007, 08:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Ashlee

Tricia Lea

hey, does anyone know if you can just buy replacmemmt lids for crock-pots or do you wind up having to buy a new pot when you break it ? lol

MelodyB

I dont know...but I am pondering something to go in my crockpot.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Tricia Lea on October 12, 2008, 03:49:05 AM
hey, does anyone know if you can just buy replacmemmt lids for crock-pots or do you wind up having to buy a new pot when you break it ? lol
I picked up one at a garage sale.  I think they cost almost as much as the crock pot itself, if you buy them new and shipping charges were too much to mess with ebay.

Tricia Lea

this sounds like it might be good

Easiest Crockpot Beef Roast
1 beef roast
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup (optional)
1 can of soda

I used Sprite for the soda. I've read about people using Coke and GingerAle as well.

This was fantastic! I served it with plain white rice but it would also be good with egg noodles or mashed potatoes to soak up the "gravy" like juice.

http://www.cheapcooking.com/easy-recipes.htm

myhaloisintheshop

this is how I make my roast but I dont add the soda....it makes a thicker gravy. 
Its awesome!

The Purple Fuzzy

almondjoy

Maybe I'll do chicken or something in the crockpot for tomorrow.  Need to see what I've got.

Tricia Lea

Envelope

Yesterday, took a family pk of chicken thighs and chicken legs, dumped 2 bottles of BBQ sauce and 1 cup water in and let it cook all day!!  YUM>

Fell, off the bones, so today, used the leftovers on BBQ chicken sandwiches!!!!!

yummers!!

sharon

Sis

Don't have a crock pot and not interested in one. I would, however, volunteer to taste taste any foods y'all cook in yours.

The Purple Fuzzy

EricShane

Quote from: Sis on March 16, 2009, 12:11:45 AM
Don't have a crock pot and not interested in one. I would, however, volunteer to taste taste any foods y'all cook in yours.
I have a few crock pots.. but I dont EVER hardly use them to cook actual dinner.. if I take something to a church function or something like that, i might use them.. but thats it.
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Roxie

I need some good recipes that are low carb and high protein. LOL
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

mini

Monday or Tuesday, I'm gonna make a pot of gumbo in my crock pot.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

almondjoy

I need to fix something in the crockpot...it's been a while since I've used it.

EricShane

Quote from: minnesota68 on May 28, 2009, 12:06:33 PM
Monday or Tuesday, I'm gonna make a pot of gumbo in my crock pot.
Ive never ate/seen or known of anybody to actually cook Gumbo, Probably because Im from ohio.. it sounds good tho!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

mesipie

i dont cook gumbo in my crock pot...eric..u should come down and have some gumbo...i owuld try not to make your nose run bc of too much seasoning...lol
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...