News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

planning a wedding

Started by Heather, December 19, 2006, 09:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

The cake was cupcakes! HOW cute!!!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Raecheal

I had a friend who had a cake made with cupcakes a couple of weeks ago. It was lovely.

AmberMarie

Quote from: acjmom on December 22, 2006, 05:52:59 PM
very nice   :thumbsup2:
you could even dress up something like that a little more with balloons and/or flowers

yes, they wanted it to be informal. Everyone loved it and still talks about it. I think about 300 people attended.

The cupcake thing is perfect because people just walk up and grab a cupcake...no slicing and serving. You can order cupcake trees online somewhere...just search google.  ;)

Envelope

yeah, I've even seen them at Wal-mart (not that large of course, but they have them)

WOW!!!

sharon

AmberMarie

If anyone is interested in seeing 5 billion pictures....you can do so HERE

Heather

ok after saying i was renting a dress....i have put one on layaway today. my parents are helping to pay for a good chunk of it. i'll post a pic once i get it on the computer from my sisters phone. it's strapless, but i have a black bollero on order at David's Bridal that is going with my valentine's banquet dress.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

my dress, but of course mine is in white and will be worn with a black bolero jacket. on the back there are buttons that go from the top to the very end of the train.

Jennie-lynnie

Beautifu!!!!!!!!!l That style will look absolutely lovely with the bolero! Congrats!

mesipie

thats similar to stefs...

she had the lacey thing made

the only bad thing with those is that they are sometimes too low

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

acjmom

why not wear a white satin (or velvet) ballero?  they usually have them at bridal/formal stores, or you could get one made cheap.
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Heather

i already had to order a black one for my banquet dress. also my bridesmaids are wearing black and blue. so it'll tie in with them in black.

Elfin

I could totally see it w/ the black ballero...  It'll almost make it a little bit chic-tuxedo-ish, too, I would think.

Sounds cute!!
~
~~
~~~
Renée

alohilani

I agree - I think it'll be tres chic. ;)

Heather

praise! my great aunt has volunteered her crafty self to do my invitations!!! woot!!

JuJu03

My dress was sleeveless but my mom sews so we got two of my wedding dress (it was being discontinued so I got both for about $500)!!

My mom raised the front and back and also added long sleeves....I think my complete wedding cost about $6000...we had a formal cartered sit down reception also within that cost

also my flowers were fake...would not trade it for the world...LOVED them

JuJu03

I'm about to post ALOT of pictures for you.....lol...I got wedding picture happy..prove you can have a beautiful wedding for cheap

Dress:

Wedding Party:

Me and my mom:

Me and my dad:

View from back of church:

Unity Candle:

Cake:

Food:

Candid pictures of me and my love:

Envelope

JUju............you were such a BEAUTIFUL bride!!!!!!!  Wonderful pictures!!!!!

sharon

P.S....you look absolutely RADIANT preggy too!!!

JuJu03

Thanks so much!  It was one of the HAPPIEST days of my life...I did married my best friend and soulmate

and thanks about the pregnancy...I don't feel that way...more like an over sized whale :laughhard:

Envelope

awwww Juju......most people feel like that!!  But it is NOT true!!!  Just think, most people are only preggy a few times in their life....some only once.....so ENJOY it!!!!   You Glow girl!!!!!!!

sharon

acjmom

my wedding was very similar to julie's in style, but only cost about $2,000 (including my dress).... i didn't have a sit down reception though.  i cut a LOT of corners on price by having people around the church help.  i didn't have to pay the musicians or janitor cuz they both wanted their services to be my wedding gift.  both my cakes were done as a gift from a lady at church who has done professional baking/cake decorating for many years.  i used artificial flowers (really cheap due to big sales at Michael's and Hobby Lobby), and had a friend who used to be a florist help me & mom put it all together.  my dress and veil were on "end of season" clearance, and being discontinued, so i got both for $600 (originally would have been $1,500).  dress had to be altered, but a seamstress friend at church did it for $60.  she also did the bride's maids' dresses for only $30 each (not included in total wedding cost because they paid for their own).  my photographer was a guy from the church, and we just paid for the film and developing.  the biggest expenses were my dress, renting the archway & candleabras/candles, invitations w/ postage (300... prior to all the neat do-it-yourself computer stuff), and developing the pictures.

anyway, if you know the right people, you can have a gorgeous and elaborate wedding for next to nothing  ;)
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

JuJu03

Yeah, my dad's best friend did my flowers and also decorated....we also had the wedding videoed professionally so that was some of the cost as well....

acjmom

mine was video'd too, but included in the church fee.... normally $60 for building, video, minister, coordinator, and janitor;  i only had to pay $40.  that was in our old building though.... i'm not sure if they've increased the fees any since we got into the new building (much bigger and nicer).

JuJu03

I had a professional crew come in for the video...alot of my husband's family could not make it for the wedding (including his wonderful grandparents..theirs due to health) so we wanted it to be nicely done.  The crew came 3 hours before the wedding and filmed us getting ready separately and also during the ceremony had one camera in back and one in front.  It was the greatest thing I could have done because like alot of brides I did not remember much of the wedding day..lol...so busy.  It's a wonderful treasure to have.  We have it on 4 dvds and 2 vhs....and also one in a safety box at the bank for keeping.

acjmom

:great:  outside of a couple of big extras you had julie, our weddings probably cost about the same  ;)

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...