News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

planning a wedding

Started by Heather, December 19, 2006, 09:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuJu03

I am 5 ft 2 inches...so short

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

acjmom

hey!  it's not that short  :P
you're the exact same height as me  :teeth:
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Envelope

Yep ........you're short!!!  LOLOL

j/k

I am 5.4" and I thought that was short!

sharon

Envelope

I meant 5 foot 4 inches.........I can see SOME SMART ALECK commenting on the fact that I am 5.4 inches!!  LOLOL

sharon

JuJu03

LOL....I wore 3 1/2 inch heels on my wedding day....we could not cut off any more of the bottom of the dress...lol

mesipie

3 1/2 inches...and u still look so tiny...lol

apostolicgirlmo

Don't feel so bad, I'm only 4'11. I wanted so bad to wear ballet slippers when I got married, but since Sam is 5'10, I had to wear heels. I look like I'm his kid sister when I have flat soled shoes on. It's even funnier now that I'm 9 months preggo. lol.

*Christi*

I am right about 5'10!!  Josh is 6'3 though so we're good! LOL  I wore 4" heels during the ceremony and changed into ballet flats during the reception.

Jennie-lynnie

I'm 5'4 and David is 5'6 :)* lol.

Heather

me and matt are right around 5.8 . i want so badly to wear flip flops, but my dress is a bit too long. so i'm going to look for kittin heals.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Envelope

flip flops with a wedding dress??  hmmmmmmmm

sharon

AmberMarie

If you can't see the shoes, i say wear whatever is the most comfortable! 

Did you guys wear a larger size in wedding dresses?  I'm helping one of my friends buy her wedding dress. She lives in Africa so she is most likely going to order it from somewhere here in the states.

Jennie-lynnie

Alot of people I know lately have been wearing the flip flops with their wedding dress. They sell some really cute white wedding flip flops at David's bridal.

Envelope

LOL...........ok whatever floats your boat!!!  that's just craziness to me!!  LOL

sharon

mesipie

lol...my friend that just got married went barefoot...shje bought some cute wedding shoes, really classy, but shes just a country girl...and barefoot fit her better..lol

SippinTea

It makes sense to me. After all, you'll be on your feet for a good two hours probably. I say forget the heels!  :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Jennie-lynnie

lol. I wore stilletos and still regret it. Oooh the pain!

nicolejoy

My wedding shoes were actually quite comfortable!! They were kinda stilleto-ish, but they weren't THAT high - I was walking around all day and my feet weren't even that sore!!

Charlene

Quote from: AmberMarie on January 04, 2007, 09:10:51 PM
If you can't see the shoes, i say wear whatever is the most comfortable! 

Did you guys wear a larger size in wedding dresses?  I'm helping one of my friends buy her wedding dress. She lives in Africa so she is most likely going to order it from somewhere here in the states.

If I remember correctly, you go up a size in wedding dresses.

mesipie

i just wish the bridesmaids woulda been barefoot

JuJu03

My feet did not hurt me at all..but then I do wear heels all the time...I am so short!! 

mesipie

i wear heels alot...but i just dont like standing still in them...and they were a little higher than normal...and i was still shorter than all the others

Heather

i may do kittin heels, but flip flops once the ceremony is over. we went to talk to the lady about flowers. my little sisters best friend's mom [i know a bit, but i've know her for years and years] is doing my flowers. she said under $100 for my bouquet, the bridesmaids, the guys and parents little flowers. here is what my flowers with look like but white, light blue, and regular blue.

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

EmmazMommy

Quote from: Jennie-lynnie on January 04, 2007, 09:14:12 PM
Alot of people I know lately have been wearing the flip flops with their wedding dress. They sell some really cute white wedding flip flops at David's bridal.

i wore white "bridal flip flops" they were sooo cute! anyone who knows me knows that wit wouldnt have been the same wihtout me wearing flip flops lol