News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Is it just me?? Feeling alone in Sharing 493..

Started by Roscoe, April 05, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

We have friends that had a tree go down on the power lines in front of their house when the storm came through a couple days ago.  The police blocked the road to traffic and they just now today got the tree off the line but turned off power to the house.  It has pulled the wiring partially away from the house.  They spent the night with us last night and will probably stay another day or two from the sounds of things.

This is the tree and you can sorta see their house in the background behind the other house.

https://twitter.com/KilgorePolice/status/466219351750606848/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=KilgorePolice&utm_content=466219351750606848

Backseat Radio

Chseeads

Long day of stinking cards. 

Eating a salad.  Dropped part of it in the floor.  Ate what I could of what I dropped anyhow. :P

Lynx

Taco:  Yeah, my mother sent me an email as soon as she heard about that.  I didn't get them based on Vibram's claims though, I got them because I've wanted a pair of shoes without a built-up heel for years and years.  First shoes I have ever NOT been impatient to get off my feet as soon as I get home.

In local news, if any of you are thinking about getting a dog soon, I recommend against getting an australian shepherd.  I recently discovered they have an instinct to roll in manure.  First dog I've ever had who did that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

[quote author=Lynx

In local news, if any of you are thinking about getting a dog soon, I recommend against getting an australian shepherd.  I recently discovered they have an instinct to roll in manure.  First dog I've ever had who did that.
[/quote]
Don't ever get a dachshund if that's an issue.  I had one who ate a hot fresh " horse biscuit" for breakfast every chance she got...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

I think a wide variety of dogs like to eat and/or wallow in poop.

Lynx

I don't see how I've missed this fact until now.  My family has always had a dog of some kind, and we've had a lot of different breeds.  First time I've ever run into this problem.

And for the record, yuck!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Getting off at 12:30 today. Have to be at church at 1p to sing for a funeral. An elder in our church died Tuesday, and today is the funeral. He was one of the ones who started the church 40+ years ago with our Senior Pastor.

It's so rough losing elders in your church.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Lord. I.Am.Whipped.
Today was the last day of school for Chey, and they had a field trip. She begged for me to go, so I did. THEN I find out they are hiking to the bottom of Cedar Falls, which is around 2 to 3 miles- nearly vertical. I made it, but there were moments I thought I heard the angel's wings coming to get me, then discovered it was just my blood pressure.
Chey fell while near the  falls, didn't hurt her a bit, but she cried and wanted Daddy to carry her piggyback. I did, for around a mile..I surprised myself. I made it with relatively little trouble, not even stopping very long to rest. Tomorrow I shall need help to get out of bed, probably. One thing's for sure- I won't feel guilty about eating something unhealthy tonight, if I choose to.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on May 16, 2014, 09:55:19 PM
I made it, but there were moments I thought I heard the angel's wings coming to get me, then discovered it was just my blood pressure.

:sing: 

Oh come angel band, come and around me stand, oh bear me away on your snowy wings to my immortal home, oh bear me away on your snowy wings to my immortal home...

Lynx

Bobby:  To me that sounds like fun.  But then I've decided I'm part mountain goat.  Glad you made it.  For the unhealthy thing to eat, I recommend whipping up a cheesecake.  And sending me part of it. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

That's weird. I KNOW I posted a reply, but it appears the board ate it.

Actually, the hike was nice and I enjoyed it. I would've liked to own that spot we hiked to- I would barricade the trail where no one else could come bother me, build me a cabin, and live happily ever after....
Here today in my real life though- it's cloudy, cool and NOT a spring day. Seems more like fall. Too cold for me to do much of anything, so I'm lazing around reading and playing radio....

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well...since no one else will post, I shall. :hypocrite:
Back at work. Just got a weird email from H.R.....wanting all employees to do a survey on what they would like to do to improve their life. I really wanted to tell them I'd like to be wealthy and not have to come into this place and take their inane surveys put out by clueless educated idiots....but I restrained myself.
Only four more days after today until the weekend....

The Purple Fuzzy

Next weekend is a long weekend for me + my birthday. :)

Chseeads

It's good that you're still able to do all that you do at your age. 

:hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Chseeads on May 18, 2014, 06:27:19 PM

Yep, I'm old enough to be your sister. :P

Roscoe

All of ya are a bunch of antiques.........lucky for you I like antiques. :hypocrite:

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 18, 2014, 08:58:07 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on May 18, 2014, 06:27:19 PM

Yep, I'm old enough to be your sister. :P

This is true.

Lynx

Bobby:  The problem is antiques usually can't go as fast as modern vehicles.  I remember how fast you drove on the interstate, and I have witnesses to back it up.  Bet Rusty couldn't keep up that pace.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 19, 2014, 12:56:35 PM
Bobby:  The problem is antiques usually can't go as fast as modern vehicles.  I remember how fast you drove on the interstate, and I have witnesses to back it up.  Bet Rusty couldn't keep up that pace.  :P
And.....you'd lose. I've driven Rusty at 80 mph....you forget Rusty is on a newer running gear. :P