News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now Mel is down- who's next to find a mate? Let's speculate in sharing 488

Started by Roscoe, October 07, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Feels like I'm cooking for an army. Precooked 5lbs of bacon, a mess of pancakes, and am gonna start the blueberry cobbler and GF bread in a min.  Then half of Cajun Chicken Pasta for tonight.  Then chili for chili dogs, tomorrow's lunch. 

Oh and pumpkin muffins in there somewhere!  This is when I'm thankful I trained my kids to love to be helpful!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 25, 2013, 07:28:59 PM
So is GF bread "girlfriend bread?"

:ugly:
"Goofy friends" bread....she's making bread for you and several others here.. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I've given bread to many goofy friends.  Every year when we do the church Christmas play, afterward they hand out presents to the kids, and I hand out sourdough bread to a list of friends who have made it known that they like sourdough.  So far I'm up to about 20 loaves or so that I need to bring.  Most of the 20 families have more than their share of goofiness. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Update: Saw Dr. today and the report wasn't great. I still have the infection that triggered this craziness in my head. She refereed to it as "active in my head" and said it did show up in the spinal tap they did slightly masked by over a week of antibiotics. Infection and stress combined triggered migraine which caused stroke like weakness on right side She added more meds to "knock me out" because stress and lack of sleep are my 2 biggest enemies right now. She said she would be happy if I slept the next 10 days straight as long as I woke up long enough to take my meds. I will be back to normal but it's a waiting game. Hearing at least 10 more days off work didn't help the stress issue. God knows and is in control. Prayers still appreciated!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Morning, all. :hi: Just got up a few ago...not gonna do much today, it's cool outside.
And I just saw on facebook where our own dear Newsman tried making the news himself this morning. Per his facebook status, he was involved in a one vehicle accident this morning near one a.m., totalling his truck and was trapped in the wreckage until being cut out. Claims he's okay with just scrapes and bruises, but might be good to call/text and check on the dude.....At any rate, I'm praying for him.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh, wow. Thanks for passing that on. I've been garage saling & haven't been on FB.

Lynx

I've been out hauling wood since 7am and haven't been on FB.  There used to be two trees out behind the church that were dead, but after a few guys from the church got together this morning they ain't there no more.  Lot of sawdust and wood chips there though, and there's a lot of wood stacked in Sis. Dorothy's garage now. 

And for the record, our pastor is a stronger man than I.  He had a 25 pound splitting maul and was making short work of those tree slices.  I tried twice (two separate occasions, multiple attempts each time) and couldn't get it to do anything better than bounce off. 

How did Newsman get in this predicament?  Did he fall asleep while driving?  Blown tire?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 26, 2013, 06:46:37 PM
How did Newsman get in this predicament?  Did he fall asleep while driving?  Blown tire?
He didn't say....and I posted here primarily because I knew you would never see it on facebook. :P

Lynx

Yeah, for some reason FB isn't working for me lately.   ;)

Primarily?  Man, I'm a bad influence on you.  You keep hanging around me, soon nobody will  be able to understand you any better than they can understand me. 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

He throws in big words lots of times. I think he doesn't do it ALL the time cause he doesn't want to ruin his image. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 26, 2013, 07:39:40 PM
He throws in big words lots of times. I think he doesn't do it ALL the time cause he doesn't want to ruin his image. ;)
:hypocrite: Whut image? You mean tha illiterate, kan't spaell hick image?   :hypocrite:
Ah, big words are pretentious and undesirable. That's why I rarely, if ever, utilize them to put forth my thoughts... :P

Lynx

Yes and when you do extemporize in such a bombastic and rhodomontade manner, you must recapitulate and expatiate what you were trying to communicate... because people look at you funny and say "huh?"
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 26, 2013, 08:37:32 PM
Yes and when you do extemporize in such a bombastic and rhodomontade manner, you must recapitulate and expatiate what you were trying to communicate... because people look at you funny and say "huh?"
:laughhard: I surrender.

taco_harvell

ANGRY! Well angry can't even explain where I am. Some people deserve torture!   

Long story I wont share here but somethings are  coming to light now from years ago. Things people in authority helped conceal. Ugh!

ANGRY, ANGRY, ANGRY!

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 26, 2013, 09:11:03 PM
Wonder if that has anything to do with "prepare"...
DOUBTFUL... I have not seen this guy in years except for his mugshot today.

Unless, I could prepare a baseball bat for him...

Sorry somethings get me much angrier than others.

Roscoe

Hmmm. Well, thanks to "Burrito" and his actions that were revealed on facebook, I had to up my game. :mad:
Okay, big guy, you wanna play? I see your folded clothes and installation of a new shelf, and raise you a pan of homemade cinnamon rolls....Now. Make me look bad again and ruin the curve for us poor husbands. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Howdee! Thanks for the concern and prayers!

I want to talk to the officers and get a look at what is left of my truck first-hand before using the 'miracle' word, but I fully realize it is solely by the Grace of God I'm ble to be worried about the insurance and finding another truck.

Yes, the ruling was I fell asleep, almost home from an out of town work trip. I recall seeing the truck going just off/partially off the side of the highway. I tried to straighten it out,. but it overcorrected, left the roadway, went thru some ground while turning a 180, slamming into an embankment and turning over onto the driver's side, pinning me at a 90 degree angle.

I was calm and alert throughout it, praying and hearing from God. I turned my still-running engine off, and activated the emergency flashers. I was there with just God for a time, pinned, but some folks saw the flashers and called emergency folks. Since I know/am known by a bunch of local emergency responders, I'm not sure how many there were, but I talked to a fair number .

I think they wound up pulling and cutting numerous parts of the truck away to get me out. I have yet to see it, as they had put a neck collar on me and loaded me on the back brace They mentioned needing to make my truck a convertible so I'm assuming it is totaled.  They put a blanket over my head so that none of the glass from peeling/cutting the windshield would get in my eyes.

The ER visit was a little aggravating but uneventful. A woman there turned critical while I was there and they were having to lifeflight her. I hope I remembered to pray for her then. I may have.

I have a few scrapes on one knee, my ribs and the right side of my face. I'm not even as sore as they said I would be.

I would appreciate your prayer that my insurance/bank issues go well, and I'm in another vehicle soon.

I'm thankful to God!

Lynx

Dude, if you try to argue with an embankment you WILL lose!  It was there first, it knows it was there first and it just ain't gonna move out of your way.   :nono:

Seriously, glad you're alright.  Sorry to hear about it though - it ain't no fun when the insurance company sees a reason to raise the price.

Speaking of which, if you need a different insurance company you should try Progressive.  Not so much for the price, as because they ante up if something does happen.  Sister Jackson, a good friend of our family, was here for lunch just a while ago and I backed into her car.  I reported it to Progressive and they said they'd take care of it.  Later Sister Jackson kept going on and on about how well they took care of it - they got her mechanic's name, set up the repair, met her at the mechanic with a rental car and everything. 

Oh yeah... and their prices are reasonable too.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Thanks! I was close to going ahead and doing my Sun day dutues, but went home and rested. I had to come back into the pharmacy. That is done. I'm about to go back and rest more.