News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Now Mel is down- who's next to find a mate? Let's speculate in sharing 488

Started by Roscoe, October 07, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. Slept poorly, as usual, now I'm tired, majorly. Oh well...'tis life. Church tonight, and I am thanking the Man Upstairs that I don't have to preach....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Heather

Headache was kicked thankfully. Church was good. We had an evangelist from Kentucky who also happens to be related to a few family's in my church. 5K went awesome!! I finished much quicker than I thought I would. I think the gym's distance reader is wrong....Now I'm home and exhausted. Gonna make pasta bake and soak in a hot bath tub. I hope everyone [Seth included] has had an awesome day and an awesome evening!  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: The young man and his family DID show up tonight- him, his wife/girlfriend-not sure which- and two of the cutest little boys you've ever saw, ages 2 and 4....Brother Wilson preached an awesome message about slaying the giants in your life, which ended with the young man in the altar, crying his eyes out. And he was totally sober tonight. His woman teared up when she saw him head to the altar, even though she has no pentecostal experience at all. They stood around and talked after church like they'd been members for years. God is moving...if you can spare a prayer, say one for them. He hasn't got a job right now, and he told me he is really battling his past.
And in other sharing, I'm fixing to eat a pizza- probably the whole pizza- and go to bed.:fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: taco_harvell on October 19, 2013, 06:40:10 PM
They said I can't work they didn't mention preaching so I will be twice tomorrow. Pray for me!
Survived... Felt better while preaching then I have in weeks. After not so much. The rage in my head is back.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on October 21, 2013, 01:40:55 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on October 19, 2013, 06:40:10 PM
They said I can't work they didn't mention preaching so I will be twice tomorrow. Pray for me!
Survived... Felt better while preaching then I have in weeks. After not so much. The rage in my head is back.

Glad you survived..
Morning, all. It's a cappuccino AND Dr Pepper morning, and even that is not doing the best job of getting me rolling. I may need to call a buddy with a wrecker to move me....:lol: If I can make it through today....get wired like Frankenstein again tonight, and off tomorrow. :clap:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

It's the advent of cold weather. Makes y'all want to curl up and hibernate.

In local news, we've been getting overtime hand over fist here. Personally I love it, but some people are starting to complain...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

My legs hate me. More specifically my calfs. But I slept GREAT!! Now up and making cinnamon rolls. Brandon took the day off too. We're going to run around [not literally] Johnson City. Go by the college and also go try cake flavors.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

I loved the quote you posted, Jenn.   I sent it to Chel, it made me think of her.

Quote"Oh, the comfort — the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person — having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away."
― Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 21, 2013, 02:55:36 PM
I loved the quote you posted, Jenn.   I sent it to Chel, it made me think of her.

Quote"Oh, the comfort — the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person — having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away."
― Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

Fuel always makes me think of the friendships I have. And how much people label friendship, that is soooo not even close. I guess I have a very specific and defined definition of friendship, and I can count on one hand I consider true friends.

Heart is heavy today in several different areas of my life.
Feeling discouraged.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

God has both precious things for you in the future and in the here and now. He alone has the final say.  The devil is just plain lying.

Hugs Jenn

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

Quote of the day from a cop that I had to call to the church over a suspicious package left at the front door;

"Well churches attract weirdos."
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on October 21, 2013, 03:59:41 PM
Quote of the day from a cop that I had to call to the church over a suspicious package left at the front door;

:laughhard:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 21, 2013, 03:02:21 PMFuel always makes me think of the friendships I have. And how much people label friendship, that is soooo not even close. I guess I have a very specific and defined definition of friendship, and I can count on one hand I consider true friends.
Considering the number of smites I have by your hand, I'm guessing I'm not in that number. :-/
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on October 21, 2013, 03:59:41 PM

Well, Jesus did say it's the sick people who need a doctor...  :great:
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 21, 2013, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 21, 2013, 03:02:21 PMFuel always makes me think of the friendships I have. And how much people label friendship, that is soooo not even close. I guess I have a very specific and defined definition of friendship, and I can count on one hand I consider true friends.
Considering the number of smites I have by your hand, I'm guessing I'm not in that number. :-/

Unfortunately no. No one on the board falls in my heart-friend category. Seems harsh, but we don't know one another in person. I have very defined expectations of what true friendship is. Maybe too specific but, that's how I roll.  :afro:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Is that why you didn't show up when we descended on Arkansas and abused bro. Bobby's house and town?
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 21, 2013, 05:03:23 PM
Is that why you didn't show up when we descended on Arkansas and abused bro. Bobby's house and town?

Not really no. I am heavily involved in my church, plus I work a full-time job, plus I go to school.
I barely have time for my own stuff, let alone any other extracurricular activities.

Nor do I have the money. At all. Any time I spend not at work, it's for some form of church function.
That's usually where my vacation and money go.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Oh well. A person with a signature line like yours can't be ALL bad. :)
"Do you sing at church?"