News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Now Mel is down- who's next to find a mate? Let's speculate in sharing 488

Started by Roscoe, October 07, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 16, 2013, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: mini on October 16, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
Worse.  Let them hear a message by Taco.
I have heard some of his and I survived. You could do much, much worse.

I will.  Later they will hear me.  Compared to me, Taco is general conference caliber. 

(in all seriousness, I love to hear Taco preach.  Except the last message I heard of him caused me to pray through it convicted me so mightily)
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 16, 2013, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: mini on October 16, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
Worse.  Let them hear a message by Taco.
I have heard some of his and I survived. You could do much, much worse.
Indeed. When you are really mad at 'em, I'll send one of my recordings. :ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I've been home in bed all day. I can't decide if the headache or the backache is worse right now. So it's an unexpected 'vacation' day for me.

I got an email today that everything but my dress came in the store. So I'll be hopefully making a trip to Knoxville monday to pick things up. Also we have an appointment to go by my friend Timmy's bakery and try cake monday afternoon.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Interesting service. Had a boy come in during worship service- tattered clothes, unshaven, tattos all over- and sit down on the back pew. In just a bit he had his head down sobbing. One of the brothers went back and began to pray with him....long story short, backslider of 14 years. Very intoxicated, very convicted. We will see what God does......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Kim

Quote from: Roscoe on October 17, 2013, 02:41:34 AM
Interesting service. Had a boy come in during worship service- tattered clothes, unshaven, tattos all over- and sit down on the back pew. In just a bit he had his head down sobbing. One of the brothers went back and began to pray with him....long story short, backslider of 14 years. Very intoxicated, very convicted. We will see what God does......
interesting is the right word.  keep us posted.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on October 17, 2013, 02:41:34 AM
Said it once and I will say it again, Revival is coming to that church. I feel it every time I come there. Expect it!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Backseat Radio

I've been sidetracked for several days and forgot to check the board... just getting caught up on the last 3 pages of sharing.

Had a blast tonight a Bible study.  Our former preacher and his family was there.  Before we got started on the study our current preacher Scott was giving the former preacher a hard time about for the past 2 or so years he's used and abused Scott as a sermon example so now its payback time.

MsJennJenn

Stayed home today. Stomachs upset.
Had such a bad headache all day yesterday.
Was bordering migraine by time I went to bed.
Think I'm just headache sick today.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Bah. Back at work. Thank God it is my friday.... Im tired today. But the next two days I am off. It's "County Cleanup" week with free trips to the dump so I am gonna try to haul off some junk..

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 17, 2013, 02:13:04 PM
Any electronics in that junk? :D
Three broken T.V's and maybe a very dead laptop that I dropped a few years back. Broke the screen and damaged the hard drive- I got it to work for a while with another screen, but it finally fried totally. Might keep it for parts though..

Heather

didn't sleep well last night due to headache, stomach ache, and sweating horribly badly. drug myself to urgent care this morning. they gave me 3 shots in the bum. slept most of the day. only a tad bit of a headache left thankfully. hopefully i can make it to work tomorrow. I am feeling alot better.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 17, 2013, 10:45:57 PM
Lands...its been a day.
:stupid: Came home and Lou and I worked all evening loading a trailer full of junk to haul off and cleaned out the storage shed. We decided to run to our favorite hole in the wall resteraunt and discovered that not only were they closed for the night, but they are closing for good November 3rd.  :cry2: I am not pleased....
And now tomorrow I have to haul off the truckload in Rusty, so Saturday I can haul off the trailer load behind the Canyon. Bah. I'm tired already. At this rate, I will never get time to fix the Corvette again. :-(

taco_harvell

Doctors appointment in am. Still having issues. Please pray for wisdom about returning to work. Also please help us pray about some other needs God knows!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Newsman

Lady Jenn Jenn,

When is FUEL? There is a young man in the local church who is planning to go, who thought I was also. As you know, I'm wayyy to old form FUEL.

John  :offtopic: :offtopic:
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 09, 2013, 03:53:47 PM
Coming up with a song set list for Fuel 2013 (Young Adult retreat Texas has every year).
Can't shake the songs about the name of Jesus.

Thankful for his guiding hand. Just want to minister to my peers.

Lynx

You're getting behind Newsman.  This thread is already six pages underway.  Get back to the important things!  Get back to posting! :demand:

In local news, I woke up freezing.  I hate when I go to bed on a nice night for an air conditioner and wake up to a morning far too cool for an air conditioner.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

I havent slept for three nights. Nightmares, and just general wakefulness. :smirk2:

Got meatballs and spaghetti sauce in the crockpot. Allans request for supper. Im very tired, but Allan is off today so we are both going job hunting. They cut his hours back to 30 a week and with everything we need to be saving for, (car, apartment, WEDDING) 30 hours a week just will not do. So I need a job BADLY, and he needs a new job with better hours and more hourly pay.

God knows and will provide.

We may go fishing this afternoon. All we need is bait...got the poles and gear in the van already ready to go. We keep it in there in case the opportunity arises and we can fish. Be prepared!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

It's nice and cool here this morning, too, Isaac.
52* at the moment.

mini

Lynx

It was raining here the last two days. Good weather for taking long naps. Unfortunately I still can't get the boss at work to see it that way.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Newsman on October 18, 2013, 05:57:52 AM
Lady Jenn Jenn,

When is FUEL? There is a young man in the local church who is planning to go, who thought I was also. As you know, I'm wayyy to old form FUEL.

John  :offtopic: :offtopic:
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 09, 2013, 03:53:47 PM
Coming up with a song set list for Fuel 2013 (Young Adult retreat Texas has every year).
Can't shake the songs about the name of Jesus.

Thankful for his guiding hand. Just want to minister to my peers.

This weekend - tonight and tomorrow.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

'tis sunny and cool here...fixing to haul Rusty's load off and maybe the Canyon's load....may stop by the donut shop and live up to the strereotype, if I can get Chey moving before they close. That kid took after her mama for sure with the whole take-four-hours-to-get-ready-to-leave thing..:smirk:

Backseat Radio

Temp here is 53.  Looking forward to having this weekend off.  Not often retail schedules weekends off.  Also looking forward to services on Sunday.  We'll be finishing the series on the Gospel in the teen class.  Once we're done with this class, the teens will have all the info they need to know to make their decision about being baptized.