News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Whats in YOUR Crock-pot?

Started by MelodyB, January 23, 2007, 08:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envelope

I have pork chops with gravy in my crock pot..........it will be our supper!!!  yummy!!!

sharon

Roxie

I just put stuff on for Pork chops :-)  Should be done for a late dinner.

:fork:
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Babs

this is a recipe i came up with recently and it ended up being really good, and you can change it up to suit you very easily

you take potatoes, onions, cabbage, cut them all up put them in your crockpot

at walmart they have this salsa, its their brand (sams choice), its black bean and corn salsa. pour part of that over the vegetables, then put in some porkchops or chicken (i havent tried beef, may work fine) then pour more of the salsa on top and cook over night on low.

you could mix and match this in many ways. but the salsa is very mild and makes a very good start.

it is a very inexpensive meal, yet you can make it go far if need be.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

I need to start planning ahead better and using my crock pot.  I'm sure we'd get more nutritious meals that way.

almondjoy

Quote from: practicalme on August 16, 2008, 02:22:25 AM
I need to start planning ahead better and using my crock pot.  I'm sure we'd get more nutritious meals that way.

Same here.  Will have to go back and read through this thread later.

MelodyB

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on January 23, 2007, 01:22:53 PM
This is my sister's recipe---she makes it as a side but it is good enough to have as a main dish.  My BIL thinks adding ham to it would be great!

Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese

1 bag frozen corn or 2 cans of corn, drained
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons juice from canned corn or water

Soften cream cheese to room temperature and cream with liquid and sugar. Put corn in slow cooker and add cream cheese mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours.

SARAH!!!

I found it!!

Remember I asked about this a couple of weeks or so ago? You posted it HERE!! YAY!!

I went to the store today, and I got the corn and creamcheese, Ill make it next week I suppose.

:bigcheese:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Did the guests drag this one up too? I had forgot about it, its SOOO old. ;)

MelodyB

Back on topic, I use my crockpot about once a week now...its just so much easier to have a good hot meal ready when I wake up in the evenings. And I dont have to dirty up a whole lot of dishes.

This is what I made today...it was SOOOO good.

I went to the store this morning and bought a can of garlic cream of mushroom soup, 2 cans of tomato soup, and a can of garlic mushroom diced tomatoes...I added it all together with some sugar and milk and let it cook in the crockpot all day, and now I have some awesome soup! And plenty for leftovers!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on August 16, 2008, 10:53:48 PM

Did the guests drag this one up too? I had forgot about it, its SOOO old. ;)
Yeppers. ;)

newkris

Quote from: MelodyB on August 16, 2008, 10:56:51 PM
Back on topic, I use my crockpot about once a week now...its just so much easier to have a good hot meal ready when I wake up in the evenings. And I dont have to dirty up a whole lot of dishes.

This is what I made today...it was SOOOO good.

I went to the store this morning and bought a can of garlic cream of mushroom soup, 2 cans of tomato soup, and a can of garlic mushroom diced tomatoes...I added it all together with some sugar and milk and let it cook in the crockpot all day, and now I have some awesome soup! And plenty for leftovers!

ooh that sounds really good.

now that i have thi the giant boy home, i need to cook better and healthier.  i'm so used to eating nothing, but it's not like that when you aren't alone. 

i'm going to print that soup recipie and that corn one, too. that corn one sounds like a good pot luck dish. 

thanks guys.  got any more?
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

MelodyB

I made that soup recipe up while I was standing in the soup isle. LOL I saw they had garlic roasted cream of mushroom soup but I REALLY wanted tomato soup, so I figured I would just combine them, and when I went to get the canned tomatoes that I always add to the tomato soup, I saw they had garlic and mushroon diced tomatoes too....perfect!!

It turned out sooooooo good. :yum: I think I will make that now instead of just the regular tomato soup....plus, I never add water...milk is the key, ;) and just a tad of sugar to take the bitterness out.

MelodyB

I think the tomatoes were Del Montie, and the soup of course was Campbells.

newkris

fabulous.  and then do you eat that with grown up grilled cheese?  i don't like it with bacon, but i use sour dough bread and a good tomatoe slice.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

MelodyB

Nope...I just eat it with crackers. I love grilled cheese though, I just love the soup by itself.

MelodyB

Ok so...a new variation on that corn stuff...I took the leftover corn stuff, and mixed it in a bowl with salt and pepper and eggs, and put in in a pan and baked it, I made an awesome corn souflee. :fork:

mini

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on January 23, 2007, 01:22:53 PM
This is my sister's recipe---she makes it as a side but it is good enough to have as a main dish.  My BIL thinks adding ham to it would be great!

Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese

1 bag frozen corn or 2 cans of corn, drained
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons juice from canned corn or water

Soften cream cheese to room temperature and cream with liquid and sugar. Put corn in slow cooker and add cream cheese mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours.

Im making this tonight.  Instead of the crock pot, im making it on the stove.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Envelope

when my sis moved to Louisiana 4 1/2 years ago, she took the corn/creamcheese in the crockpot thing and NOBODY TOUCHED IT!!!!!!!!  She had to take it ALL home..............Everyone thought it was "strange".

A couple mos later, a sister in the church asked her to make it again, because she wanted to try it.

It became a HUGE SUCCESS!!!!  Now, she NEVER leaves the church with even one kernal of corn in her crockpot!!!!  LOL

sharon

Ashlee

I'm not fond of corn, so I wouldn't like it, but most people do.

The Purple Fuzzy

Ashlee

I'll eat it.  By itself,  I don't like it in stuff.

sunlight

Quote from: practicalme on August 20, 2008, 03:01:33 AM
I love corn!
thats good... cause im corny.... :grin:

*groan, i know, it was bad... hehe!*
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Ill eat corn any way you can fix it. I love corn. Mmmmmm

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: sunlight on August 20, 2008, 03:15:58 AM
Quote from: practicalme on August 20, 2008, 03:01:33 AM
I love corn!
thats good... cause im corny.... :grin:

*groan, i know, it was bad... hehe!*
I love you even if you're corny... ;)

sunlight

i love you more! esp when you cook corn! (or anything really... lol. )
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Ashlee