Whats in YOUR Crock-pot?

Started by MelodyB, January 23, 2007, 08:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I know there has been threads on this before, but they are gone now, and lately I have had a fixation with my Crock-pot. I am cooking Chili in it tomorrow. But I was wondering what are some good things to cook in the Crock-pot?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

nicolejoy

Stew with dumplings!!

Although I've never cooked it - I don't have a crock pot... I want to try some time because I LOOVVEEE stew with dumplings!!

myhaloisintheshop

This is my sister's recipe---she makes it as a side but it is good enough to have as a main dish.  My BIL thinks adding ham to it would be great!

Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese

1 bag frozen corn or 2 cans of corn, drained
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons juice from canned corn or water

Soften cream cheese to room temperature and cream with liquid and sugar. Put corn in slow cooker and add cream cheese mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours.

newkris

ooohhh .  . i'm glad you started this thread.  i have a crock pot and don't use it nearly enough.  i tend to buy the frozen "crock pot" meals that you can throw in all together . . . but that's as much because i don't have any recipies for it as because i'm lazy.

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

acjmom

chicken & rice is really good in it....

just toss in your chicken with a can of cream of mushroom soup before heading to church sunday morning, and when you get home cook some rice  :thumbsup2:
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Sister_Mom

http://www.crock-pot-recipes.info/

More recipes than you'll know what to do with. Just pick a type of food you're in the mood for and they have it.  :thumbsup2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

NessasMama

I like to put boneless ribs in the Crock Pot and add whatever kind of marinade I'm in the mood for and let it cook all day. Delicious!!!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

MelodyB

MMMMMMMM

This was a great thread idea......

NessasMama

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

MelodyB

Quote from: acjmom on January 23, 2007, 03:24:54 PM
chicken & rice is really good in it....

just toss in your chicken with a can of cream of mushroom soup before heading to church sunday morning, and when you get home cook some rice  :thumbsup2:

I do that with chicken and yellow rice....yummy..but I dont add the mushroom soup...Ill have to try that...

MelodyB

Quote from: Sister_Mom on January 23, 2007, 04:16:51 PM
http://www.crock-pot-recipes.info/

More recipes than you'll know what to do with. Just pick a type of food you're in the mood for and they have it.  :thumbsup2:

Thanks....you would think with my fasination with google and looking stuff up, I would have found that already though...LOL

rapunzelgirl

POT ROAST
Roast, carrots, potatoes, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 packet of onion soup mix
Serve with rolls or fresh French bread and sweet tea.

CHEESY CHICKEN
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can cheddar cheese soup, 1 tsp. garlic powder
Serve over rice or pasta

*Of course with both of these you can put them in the CrockPot before you leave for work, and when you get home...it's done and your house smells divine!

NessasMama

I'm getting awfully hungry reading this thread!!!!!!!   :fork:

acjmom

here's a couple more i do.  you can fix it and leave it on low overnight and through sunday morning service, or put it on in the morning before leaving for work and it'll be ready when you get home (for those with normal 8-5 work schedules, lol)

stew beef tips
2 packets au jus
1 cup water
(serve with white rice or wide egg noodles)

1 lb. bag of baby limas (rinsed)
2 chicken boullion cubes
water to cover beans by 2 inches
(eat like soup.... also great to add diced ham, or a leftover ham bone from Christmas)

"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Roxie

I was gonna suggest Cheesy Chicken... I make that all the time.. Actually plan on making it either tomorrow or Thursday... I use the same recipe as above! lol

I like seeing these recipes... :)
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

MelodyB

Roxie...havent seen yiou in quite awhile! Where ya been?

Tricia Lea

thinking aout pulling my crock pot out and maybe using it now, getting hungry

MelodyB

well there are plenty of ideas here on what to cook in it!

Tricia Lea

i see, thats whats getting me hungry

Envelope

I put chicken in my crock pot and have covered it with chicken gravy......cooking all night, and plan to serve over rice tomorrow....so I hope it turns out!!!!!

sharon

Backseat Radio

My crock pot has dust in it cause it's not been used since I moved back in with my parents.

Tricia Lea

well dust it off and surprise them one day

NessasMama

I'm putting steak with barbecue sauce in mine in the AM before I leave for Church.  I so love to come home to the smell of it!!!!!! Yummmm......

Tricia Lea

NessasMama

It is!!!

Will have mashed potatoes with it and prolly some green beans. I'm having company so I figured I'd make something besides spaghetti or lasagna!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! I don't cook many big meals because it's just Janessa and I and we don't eat much between the two of us.