Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on February 26, 2013, 11:08:12 AM

Idk what the deal is.

You're full of the devil.

:smirk2:

I dreamed all manner of things again.

Quote from: Roscoe on February 26, 2013, 12:26:54 PM
Back at work.  :waving: Closer to the weekend.....it's what keeps me going.  :clap:

That, and your Metamucil.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelMel, I think it's the stress you are under that is getting to you.

Morning, all.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

I too, couldn't sleep at all last night. Turned the light out at 11:30, but the neighbor upstairs TV was BLARING. That in addition to the wind making my window screen rattle and shake. It took me a while to fall asleep. So once I did, something woke me up...and again the neighbors tv STILL blaring. Ugh. Also my neck hurt, I couldn't get comfortable on my back, and I can't lay on my sides, or my hands fall asleep and ache for days....so I didn't get much sleep.

Super grouchy.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Mel.. I'd suggest praying over your mind. Stresses can def give you weird/bad dreams. My bedroom was really messy the last few weeks.. Friday night I dreamed that my dad was getting onto me for how messy my room was, so I cleaned it all up Saturday, and started a huge session of laundry! haha.. Whew!

But seriously. Pray over your mind.. and pray for your dreams. :)

Melody

Making pancakes and coffee.  It's a blizzard out.  It is weird to think about how everyone else is not also in a blizzard.  Lol

Lynx

I'm feeling better.  Grandma is not.  Wish we had a blizzard. 

That is all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Oh, and in a bit I have to remove a dead cat from the road.  One that looks a whole lot like mine, but isn't.  Gave me a bit of a start when I was driving home and saw it. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

I just learned that the lady who cooked most of the wild game for last Saturday's wild game supper was getting over a stomach bug.  While she was cooking it.  Grrrrr...  And I and my family have been paying for this stupidity, as well as who knows how many others who were there.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

[informative rant]

So late last month, my car died.

It has a push button start, no key hole.  And it has to go through a certain process to start.  All said and done, we had to tow it to a dealership to get it fixed.  Unfortunately no local shop had the knowledge or know how to fix it.  And it cost nearly $800 to get one small part that had failed replaced.

And a battery.

The battery should have warned me.  They call me when I am about a mile from the dealership and say "Uh, we couldnt get your battery to charge.  You want us to replace it?"  I figured it was 5 years old...so sure, why not.  All in all, it was about the same price it would have cost me to buy it myself.

But while there, the service manager said "You need new brakes.  You have about 10% left on the back brakes, 25% left on the front brakes.   It will be $400 for us to do it...but that's not including the price of new rotors if we have to put them on there."  Now, I know how to fix brakes.  And I know for a fact that I can probably do a entire brake job myself, including buying all new rotors for less than $150.  And if I just need the rotors turned, it would make the price about half that.  So I say no.

Then he says "Your exhaust system has a hole in it.  It needs replaced.  $800 for that"  I say no, because they made the mistake of showing me what was wrong.  1 little hole in the exhaust.

So I leave.

A few days later, I buy brakes, and plan a couple night ordeal of getting the rotors turned and installing new brakes.  When I get the first wheel off, I say to dad, "Uh, look at this...." The brake pads?  Perfect.  I look at my previous receipts, and those brakes were put on less than a year ago.   The back brakes were great too!

So I take the parts back that I had bought.  They tried to lie to me and tell me what I needed, when really I didn't need it at all.

Then I call a local muffler shop, and tell him my problem.  He says bring it in.  I do.  $20 bucks to fix the hole.

And did I forget to mention the battery again?  Yeah, while I was waiting for the STEALERSHIP to get done with my car, I heard the service manager sell at least 2 more batteries.

So here's my point:  If you have to take your car to a dealership, and they start telling you that you must replace this and that and this and that, be careful.  In my case, at least all they got me on was a battery.  But if somebody goes in there and doesn't know better, they could be ripped off.  I know some of you will never take a vehicle to a mechanic, but most of you will have to at some point.  Find a honest, reputable mechanic, and make sure you get a second opinion if you have to take it to a dealership.

-mini

[/informative rant]
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Shoot I wouldn't know what a warranty is if I saw one, or where the dealership is if it was pointed out to me.  All I ever get are used cars. 
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I forgot to add this.  Nissan sent me a "Customer Satisfaction Survey" about my recent trip to the dealership.  I was not happy when I replied...LOL

Lynx

Ah, Nissan.  Thanks, I'll remember that.  I was wondering which dealership it was.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

For the record, the car has been great.  Also, for the record, the one dealership was a ripoff.

Melody

aaaaannnd it's another snowday tomorrow.  Boy I am glad that Hannah homeschools.  It seems a little wimpy now.  The highways are driveable.

Mini, when we get another car, will you come up and help Nathan.  He would've paid the 2k for all of that stuff and simply believed every word.

Chseeads

Went to work, went to the dentist.  I need a bunch of stuff done to my teeth, about like the mechanic deal.  :P

Lord, I'm tarred.  Or weary.  Or something.  All the above.

I'm going to go to Harrodsburg to revival in a little bit.  Sammy Sherrill is there, Taco, should you happen to read this.

About 30 years ago his dad had a revival at that church and we used to visit over there a lot during that time frame.  I don't remember being at any of those services myself, but mom was.  But we have the tapes from it that I've listened to a lot of times, and I sing a lot of their (elder Bro. Sherrill's) songs (some of them being ones they wrote) that I learned from the tapes. 

Anyways, I think it's cool that Sammy's there 30 years later.  The pastor there, Bro. Bowman, told me he didn't know that elder Bro. Sherrill and preached there, and Sammy didn't realize that he had either till somebody else that's went to church there forever dug out their old tapes from back then. 

It's been a long time since I've been over there to church....haven't been since Bro. Bowman has been there I don't think.  I was there a couple times while Bro. Abernathy was there some years back.

Anyways, I'm rambling.

Heather

My nausea and knees cooperated long enough for me to actually go to the gym today.

Just one more day of work for me this week. Weeee!!

Also Brandon surprised me and told me he took the weekend off and rented us a cabin in Gatlinburng/Pigeon Forge!!!! I thought I'd be stuck here all weekend. Woot!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roxie

:waving: to Everyone.

Mel, I hope you are able to have a good night's rest.  I agree with those who said to pray before you sleep... Plead the blood over your mind.

I somehow developed a sore throat today.  :(  I haven't felt the greatest today either so maybe I caught a cold or something.  I rebuke it! LOL

Heather,
Lucky you. I wish I was going to Gatlinburg! :)  How nice of Brandon to do that for you two!
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Heather

What do you do when you find someone you fully trust doing something completely untrustworthy? My world is currently frazzled.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Shoot them. :fire:

Went to church, came home.  It was good.  But I am socially retarded.  And I do mean that in the actual definition of it, not just a slang sleight, for any of the touchy amongst us.

Melody

Quote from: HeatherB on February 27, 2013, 02:45:49 AM
What do you do when you find someone you fully trust doing something completely untrustworthy? My world is currently frazzled.

Ask myself why I put so much trust in them or have a higher expectation than they were actually meeting.  Because obviously it wasn't based on truth but on what I wanted and then imagined.  Ask why I gave them that much influence in my life so as to be able to knock the wind out of me.

No seriously.  That's what I did.

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on February 27, 2013, 03:16:13 AMWent to church, came home.  It was good.  But I am socially retarded.  And I do mean that in the actual definition of it, not just a slang sleight, for any of the touchy amongst us.

Lol I find you completely hilarious Seth and I'm sure I would also in person.  Maybe all the other people were socially inept.

Chseeads

I can go to a great service, but I always feel out of place and like I don't belong or fit in.  Before and after, and/or during.