Eway Aymay Eavelay Omesay Ehindbay inyay Aringshay 479

Started by mini, February 16, 2013, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Melody

Helped a friend unload their moving van real quick.  Now headed home to make chili for a church cook off tomorrow and prep beef stew for after church. 

I Amy already be tired but I'm too tired to tell. 

Oh and we're supposed to get another ft of snow tomorrow night.  I've had my fun, now I'm over it...lol

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Melody

I think the coffee and then a Caramel latte this afternoon glued my eyelids open...

Lynx

Ahhhh.  I don't think I'll be hungry for two days. 

My aunt Diane's and uncle Stanley's church had a wild meat supper.  I didn't try the fried chitlins (I firmly believe intestines should be digesting food, not eaten as food) but all the rest was good, like the fried catfish, hushpuppies, fried squirrel, barbecued raccoon, hashbrown casserole, fried sweet potatoes...  And the banana pudding was homemade.  And the brownies were rich and gooey.  And the apple cream cheese pie was great.  And the...

So much food, so little stomach capacity.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

We had youth service tonight. I held Kira on one shoulder with one arm while she slept, and had Olivia on my knee and helped her play with play-doh with my other hand. :cloud9: It was great! Krissy tried to get a picture of it at my request, but they didn't turn out. My two girlies at the same time was more than my heart could take!

Then we went and got pizza at Pizza Hut.

I had to step up and be "authoritative" tonight. *sigh* I hate being the one in charge sometimes. But three of my sign kids have not been faithful to practices and stuff, and so I had to cut them from tomorrows performance. That's the rules. You don't come to practice, you can't sign. No matter how good you are. Made one girl really mad at me, but she did it to herself. She always has an attitude about it anyway, maybe this will wake her up and she will get serious.

I hate doing it, but it had to be done. Ugh.

Anyway. I'm just glad it's over...for now.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roxie

Quote from: HeatherB on February 17, 2013, 02:40:02 PM
Quote from: Roxie on February 17, 2013, 07:28:01 AM
Heather, I know someone in Johnson City.  I think he is moving back to MI but he was in there for a few month/maybe even a year.  He goes to the UPC there I think. \

There are 2 UPC churches in JC. Praise & Truth and The Pentecostals of JC. I've been watching online and visiting The Pentecostals.

*HUGS* Roxie
Hugs :)
Glad you found a church! That is wonderful.

Issac, praying for your family!

Kim,
Welcome! :)  :thumbsup2:

For GC, if you are looking for a hotel. Consider doing Priceline!  We got in at the Sheraton in St. Louis a few years ago for $52 dollars a night. 

I am glad I am not in all that snow!  Grateful!

Oh Chili Cookoffs must be the in thing right now ;) We had one last week.  We made $200 in donations.  Turned out great!

Yes, I just read through 8 pages that I missed. haha Nite, Godplace.  God bless you all. Have a great Sunday.

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Lynx

It looks like you had a text editor open (like Notepad) and typed in comments as you read the 8 pages.   :thumbsup2:

Are you and Bro. Trey going to GC?
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

We are doing chili at church today too!! I'm a bit wary to go for fear my alien will act up. It doesn't all the time with chili but sometimes it can be not happy with it. Especially since I won't be the one making it or knowing what's in it. But I don't want to be rude and just leave. sigh.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I'm here. Blah. I hate work, even when it's not really work and I am actually thankful for the job. I'd be even more thankful to become independantly wealthy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on February 24, 2013, 04:42:44 PM
I'm here. Blah. I hate work, even when it's not really work and I am actually thankful for the job. I'd be even more thankful to become independantly wealthy.

You and me both, Roscoe.

Went to church, came home.

My sister brought my nephew's baby to church, he stayed with her last night...  He had a meltdown though this time from the beginning and she took him in the other room.  Left early but did stay a while.  That's only the 2nd time he's ever been to church in his life. 

Nate, the other little boy at church, referred to the baptistry as "Jesus's pond." 

Lynx

I don't know where my cat has been going out to eat lately, but she turns up her dainty nose at leftover catfish and chicken.  Spoiled brat cat.  Fortunately the garbage-gut dog takes up the slack. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Heather

Didn't make it to church. Between the nausea and the headache I haven't done much of anything. I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna feel good again.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Yesterday we took some youth to the top of a mountain overlooking our city and prayed for revival. That was cool.

Back has locked up on me. Weird thing is though I treached the adult class this morning and felt almost no pain while treaching. Left the platform set down and pain and stiffness came back.

Tonight I couldn't get up, so I am laying here wishing I was at church.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

It was such a beautiful day here today.  In the upper 60s. The panhandle of TX is supposed to get a blizzard tonight.

Chseeads

MelodyB

Lynx

Ugh.  Too much grease.  I just vomited.  Between the meat and grease yesterday, leftover fried fish for breakfast, leftover deviled eggs (a lot) for lunch and greasy soup for supper, it was just too much grease.  This happens occasionally, I just don't pay attention to what I'm eating and build up too much grease intake over too short a time.

But at church dinners nobody ever serves vegetables and fruit.  Or if they do serve vegetables, they're cooked in grease. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Went to church. Preached on the man who was let down through the roof to Jesus by his four friends. Titled it "How will you let your loved ones down?" Good response. Tired and going to bed,,,,,,,
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Roscoe

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on February 24, 2013, 08:25:43 PMWe had 3 baptized today! Yay!

Woot! Woot!  God is good!

Nathan's co-worker came today.  He's been working on winning him for a year now.  He decided he wanted to be baptized and was!  I'm glad I remembered to turned on the baptismal heater this week... lol 

Lovely fellowship this afternoon and some baking for the week is done.  Banana bread, cinnamon chocolate muffins, cinnamon rolls.  I don't know if it's the 2 cups of coffee I drank or that I feel pretty great in Jesus.  I'm going to go with Jesus.   :biglaugh:

MelodyB

So I'm laying in my bed reading a new book, and I hear what sounds like rocks being hurled at the windows. That's saying a lot since I don't have any windows in my "room" AND my fan is on high, and normally I can't hear the weather...so I get up and it's storming still, has been since about 9, and the rock sound is deafening. I look out a window and I see lightning and HAIL. Like marble sized hail. I grab my phone an my keys and head to the foyer to get a better look, and it is COVERING the area under the carport thingy. So I open the door and grab some. This is the first time I can remember seeing any this big. I hope it didnt damage our truck. :smirk2:

It only lasted about 2-3 minutes, but it was really coming down!