News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Eway Aymay Eavelay Omesay Ehindbay inyay Aringshay 479

Started by mini, February 16, 2013, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Its cause you are such a rare creature.

And was that Brian Abernathy you referenced earlier?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Yes, Poopsie.  I almost added that in my rambling of his wife being your FL pastor's sister and such. 

I think he's preaching IN men's conference this weekend, speaking of him.

MelodyB

He preached last week at the Fl District conference in Ocala. He was a close personal friend of my family long before we ever went to Bro Crabtrees. I love him! He teases me about fruit loops everytime he sees me. Hehe.

MelodyB

Oh. He lives in St Louis now working at headquarters as our Foreign missions director. 

Chseeads

Yeah, that's where he went went he left Harrodsburg.

Lynx

And the beat goes on.  I went to work today, and found a few other people had been out Monday and were out today. 

:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:
I am not alone
They are sick with me
Though we're all home alone
We're in good company

We are not alone
We're all sick as one
The whole gang throwing up
And man, it ain't no fun! 

At least 1-I have a good attendance record, and 2-lots of other people are sick so the boss knows it ain't just me.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Lynx

I know most of the people here will get this, but I wonder how many of the populace in general will comprehend it?
http://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2013/02/26
Still a good point.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Morning.  :hi: Had an eventful evening.....Lou's car was making a noise the other day. I listened to it and it sounded water-pumpish, so I figured it was time to replace it. Problem was I had no time. I told her to keep an eye on the temperature gauge and we'd get it fixed this weekend....Just like the tires incident, the car refused to co-operate.  :pound: Lou called me yesterday evening and told me it was steaming and antifreeze pouring out.  :o Fortunately she was near our local mechanic. The Caddy is now there, and yes, the water pump had failed rather spectacularly. And Rusty was needing brakes so I had no "fall back" ride.. :cry:

But to be thankful- I am thankful the water pump failed where it did and when it did, while we have the money and are not 7 hours away from home on vacation. I am also thankful that my brother in law helped me put Rusty's new brakes and u-joints in last night, rendering him capable of bringing me to work today. Truly, God is good even though I am tired of things going haywire on me........
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Howdy.  Roscoe, you need to get rid of that Caddy. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 27, 2013, 02:28:20 PM
Howdy.  Roscoe, you need to get rid of that Caddy. ;)
Thinking about doing just that...but it is so close to being paid for.  :cry:  The local dealer we use is supposed to be getting in a sweet 2012 Malibu, with leather, heated seats, ect, and low mileage. It's a bit more than I want to spend- heck, I don't wanna spend ANYTHING- but a very nice car, and I've promised Lou we will at least look at it and pray about it....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

It's snowing.  29K people w/o power in metro.  I've been told that even if I tried I couldn't get to them cause the roads are so bad so I'm hoping that they are staying warm.

I'm sure there won't be another snow day tomorrow so I'm going to get as many cuddles as I can in today before it's back to the routine.

The threat of losing power makes me want to have a rocket stove about now.

Side note: after hearing the stories from our friend who just returned from France, I'm beside myself in disbelief.  How can people who have the resources, be ok with being stinky and dirty?  You know all those Europeans that look greasy but "fashionable?"  Yeah, I guess it's not just a look, it's a lifestyle.  Top fashion, no hygene.  *shudder*  I understand one not realizing the extent of their own BO but how can they socialize like that?!  People with MONEY, in a country with so many natural nice ways to be clean and smell nice?  France is the lead producers of lavender for pete's sake!

Chseeads

I'm going to go hide somewhere devoid of people.

On a beautiful tropical island paradise full of amazingly beautiful birds.

MelodyB

Good luck with that.

Melodya...this isn't France, but it drives me nuts when people have showers and soap and whatever else they need and they still look and smell awful! Hello!? Cant you smell that? Don't you know you look horrible and dirty/oily? Your clothes are dirty and stink? Ugh!

I have NEVER been someone who is up on the latest fashions, and I have my own style that drives people crazy. Friends and family have for years tried to change my style and show me what would look better or whatever...and I refuse to conform to their standard...I am me and that's just it, you dont like it...oh well, your choice...BUT!!! That being said, no matter how I look fashion wise...my clothes are ALWAYS clean. In fact my mom and dad have yelled at me for years for "wasting" water and detergent cause I wash clothes and bathe too much. I must have at least one shower a day. Sometimes two. And mom and dad hate that!

But I WILL be clean.

So I feel the frustration of scrungy ppl who know better and have resources.

(don't even get me started on my parents hygiene habits...they discust me, and there is NO excuse!)

MelodyB

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Roscoe:  Amen.  My greatest fear in traveling is something will break down far away from home and mechanics I know and trust.

Melody:  What about your style drives people crazy?

MellowYellow and Melody:  If you see me really greasy headed, with bad BO, it means I have been sick and opted to lie in bed for a few days rather than getting up to take a shower.  :P But it's all a matter of perspective - Europeans think we Americans are rather obsessive about bathing.  And dermatologists actually agree that taking a shower every day is a bit hard on the skin and hair.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: Chseeads on February 26, 2013, 11:24:06 PM
Went to work, went to the dentist.  I need a bunch of stuff done to my teeth, about like the mechanic deal.  :P

Lord, I'm tarred.  Or weary.  Or something.  All the above.

I'm going to go to Harrodsburg to revival in a little bit.  Sammy Sherrill is there, Taco, should you happen to read this.

About 30 years ago his dad had a revival at that church and we used to visit over there a lot during that time frame.  I don't remember being at any of those services myself, but mom was.  But we have the tapes from it that I've listened to a lot of times, and I sing a lot of their (elder Bro. Sherrill's) songs (some of them being ones they wrote) that I learned from the tapes. 

Anyways, I think it's cool that Sammy's there 30 years later.  The pastor there, Bro. Bowman, told me he didn't know that elder Bro. Sherrill and preached there, and Sammy didn't realize that he had either till somebody else that's went to church there forever dug out their old tapes from back then. 

It's been a long time since I've been over there to church....haven't been since Bro. Bowman has been there I don't think.  I was there a couple times while Bro. Abernathy was there some years back.

Anyways, I'm rambling.
:great:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

It's not the water that's hard on their skin but the soaps or products they put on their skin maybe.  Its proven most of those lotions have an adverse affect long term.  I don't wash my hair everyday but I can't handle it getting to the greasy look point.  I also have learned to focus on washing my head. My hair, especially the length part doesn't really get dirty ever.

People had chronic lice over there too. I know some grody people in he US have that but not people with resources.  People, especially kids, can get it but they don't KEEP it!

Isaac,  we all have sick times where we are unfit for social settings but I can't imagine you remaining in that state. 

Hygiene is a matter of stewardship and respect. 

Lynx

She don't know me very well, do she?   :mixedup:

Nah, I don't stay that way for long.  When I have a strong desire to stand upwind of myself, it's time to take a shower.  Besides, my head would itch like crazy if I went more than three days without getting the oil out of it.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

My style is a lack thereof. I dont dress girly. Like at all. I HATE frills and ruffles and lace and pink and fru fru stuff. Bows and shoes and accessories and the like. HATE HATE HATE it. Plus I tend to wear tee shirts, jean skirts and sneakers 24/7. I will dress up for church, but I'm very very plain when it comes to even that. I hate my hair being fixed, I would rather just have a slick back ponytail.

It makes some people cringe cause I honestly DON'T CARE about all that mess. I'm modest. I'm comfortable. And most importantly I'm CLEAN. That's all that matters to me.

MelodyB

And I feel it's a superb waste of money to have all that stylish stuff. I'm not spending my money on that, when what I have covers me just as well as all the pricey stuff.

Lynx

Well... again, what's wrong with that?  That's the way I dress, and the way a lot of people I know, men and women, dress. 

Maybe it's just your family.  Maybe they have a thing for cute, knick-knacks and fru fru.
"Do you sing at church?"