News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

5-0's PAPM is Sporty & Courtly in Sharing 440!

Started by Newsman, June 28, 2011, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Although I detect just a slight hint of sarcasm there, you speak the truth.  Or type it.  Or... anyway, it would.  A black highwayman or opera style cloak and cape would be quietly elegant with my black leather shoes.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 11, 2011, 06:35:45 AM
Although I detect just a slight hint of sarcasm there, you speak the truth.  Or type it.  Or... anyway, it would.  A black highwayman or opera style cloak and cape would be quietly elegant with my black leather shoes.

A cape with those shoe glove things??? No matter what style of cape it is if you wear that in public be ready for weird looks and lots of people asking "What/Who are you suppose to be?". lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Much I care.  Comfort pwns conformity any day.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

I have a lot on my mind tonight and it isn't helping my insomnia any!!!

You ever wish your brain had an off switch?

After considering that for a minuteI don't think it would really work. What if you switched it off and nobody ever came along and switched it back on? Or what if someone who didn't like you got to it and switched it off? I guess there are no easy answers or ways to shut your brain off.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on July 11, 2011, 08:31:26 AM
I have a lot on my mind tonight and it isn't helping my insomnia any!!!

You ever wish your brain had an off switch?

After considering that for a minuteI don't think it would really work. What if you switched it off and nobody ever came along and switched it back on? Or what if someone who didn't like you got to it and switched it off? I guess there are no easy answers or ways to shut your brain off.
You'd be named Seth. :hypocrite:

Morning, everyone. :waving: My Friday, I'm back at work. Life is reasonably good.... I drove Rusty in today, meaning I'm stress free, or nearly so- nirvana is not quite achieved unless I'm wearing my overalls.  :lol: Hopefully the part for the Miata will be in today, so it can get back to doing its job, which is getting me good gas mileage.
In other news- I have a close friend and former supervisor coming for an interview where I work  today. I REALLY hope he gets the job. While it won't help now, it's possible that if he does get hired, he'll eventually wind up on my shift and save me tons with carpooling.

ANd last night's church was great! We had a wonderful move of God and a  man who had backslidden returned to to our church and prayed earnestly. I'm so glad to see revival starting to happen in my church! :clap: We've had one lady that has been kept away due to job and finances- she's now able to come regularly and her 18 year old daughter who has not been raised in church has came for the last month and is praying. And now this man-  :thumbsup2:

And finally-  :pound: Mel for the next sharing thread's title! Why not bring back the BOAR?  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I figured we needed to feature our NEW boar for awhile.

Morning all! I dreamed of camp last night. It was time to leave and I had not packed yet. Heaven forbid. :o
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning.  I'm at work.  The weekend flew by way too fast.

MelodyB

My agenda for today: Fix breakfast (steak and eggs) clean the kitchen cause it's a mess, get a shower and get ready, go to town to do various banking things, get gas, and maybe go to WM for a few items for camp, and then come home and figure out what we are gonna have to supper. Then go pray later this evening with Ann and Granny.

That's the PLAN. Hopefully I get it all accomplished.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Today is my dad's birthday.  What do you get a person that doesn't need anything?  Especially when you don't have much money.

Melody

phew.  My heart is just now settling down.  We about pulled Hannah off the bus getting ready to leave for church camp because there is this new convert guy chaperoning that we don't know, wasn't told about and sometimes things fall through the cracks in children's ministry and if he hadn't had his background check approved, I'da been needing some restraint.  BUT, he afterall isn't the only guy going and he is approved.  Deep breaths.  Thank you Jesus.

OK. Both of my kids are gone for a WEEK.  I miss them already and it'll probably be the longest week of my adult life.  LOL

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 11, 2011, 01:58:19 PMToday is my dad's birthday.  What do you get a person that doesn't need anything?  Especially when you don't have much money.

Memory dinner, songs, stories, pictures, home movies?

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 11, 2011, 06:35:45 AMA black highwayman or opera style cloak and cape would be quietly elegant with my black leather shoes.

:laughhard:  Isaac, you are SO hilarious!  I love your dry humor.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

I just about got myself in deep hot water...

Was reading the English Standard Version and ran across a good uplifting verse...was fixing to send it to someone who needed help, *sniff* bless God, and help them out today....

[8] But go, act, be strong for the battle. Why should you suppose that God will cast you down before the enemy? For God has power to help or to cast down." [9] And Amaziah said to the man of God, "But what shall we do about the hundred talents that I have given to the army of Israel?" The man of God answered, "The LORD is able to give you much more than this."
(2 Chronicles 25:8-9 ESV)

Then I checked KJV...well, it dont quite word it the same...LOL

8 But if thou wilt go , do it, be strong for the battle: God shall make thee fall before the enemy : for God hath power to help , and to cast down . 9 And Amaziah said to the man of God, But what shall we do for the hundred talents which I have given to the army of Israel? And the man of God answered , The LORD is able to give thee much more than this.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

"Instead, you go by yourself and be strong. God and God only has the power to help or hurt your cause."

Yep.. that wouldn't have helped the situation much either...LOL

IowaSkirtGirl

Minn. I've been reading the NLT. I bought a "beginners" Bible because, well, I'm a beginner and it actually has a lot of neat stuff. I wonder if anyone has a translation they prefer or don't prefer. I know what I've learned in church that I'm supposed to use the KJV for studying and reference. But I also think it's neat to read the different translations. Some are just easier for me to understand and more "readable". I still haven't been able to read through the Bible as a whole. Which kinda makes me feel like a failure...but I am going to keep trying and hopefully make it :)
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 11, 2011, 02:50:48 PM
"Instead, you go by yourself and be strong. God and God only has the power to help or hurt your cause."

Yep.. that wouldn't have helped the situation much either...LOL

LOL I knew it'd be different than KJV or your first translation.

ISG - I like The Message Translation, and ESV.....but I'll use KJV to compare, to make sure like what happened to mini doesn't happen haha...
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Fuzzy:  The older you get, the less you want presents I think.  My last birthday we had a family dinner, which is what we do for everyone's birthday and we all enjoy it, nobody brought presents, and I didn't even notice until about a week later.

MellowYellow:  I wasn't joking. 

minnesota:  Esword is a free Bible program and you can load different versions, select a verse and have that verse in all the versions you have loaded displayed.  Great for studying/comparing.  Just always keep the good ole KJV in the mix for a backstop.  ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on July 11, 2011, 03:34:56 PM
It's hot today.

As opposed to any other day. lol you live in Indiana...you dunno what hot is!

Speaking of Indiana, my Pastor is preaching Indiana camp next week!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Any hotter than it gets here sometimes, it'd just be sheer Hades.  :smirk2:  Humidity is out the hindend today.

IowaSkirtGirl

We had some pretty awesome thunderstorms. Not like good awesome, like powerful awesome! I got home about 3 minutes before it hit.

Now it's cloudy and kinda muggy. Texas was hot when I lived there. Florida was HUMID. But I had gotten used to Iowa's mild climate, so going to Memphis for that few days made me want to learn to breathe again!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!