We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 15, 2013, 01:08:07 AM
Quote from: mini on September 15, 2013, 12:48:32 AM
My sharing:  I am at a honest to goodness point where I cannot shave.  Due to the stitches in my lip, I cannot save my lip area.  My wife and I have discussed several options but we are afraid anything used will get in the wound.   I personally hate the idea of a mustache, and goatees are not a option.  So, I have a beard.  And this will be the first time I have ever been to church with a beard.  And I am more apprehensive about that than I have ever been about ANYTHING.
we need photos! :demand:

Im afraid if I post pictures the scruff thread will start a revival.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Quote from: mini on September 15, 2013, 11:48:33 AM

Im afraid if I post pictures, it will start a revival.

REVIIIIIIIIIVAAAAAAL!!!!!  Woo Jesus!

:D

Heather

our Pastor allows well maintained scruff on the platform.  no mountain man beards. neither Bro Ketron nor any of the elders keep facial hair but they do allow us younger folks a bit more leeway in standards (such as facial hair, wedding/engagement rings, etc).
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

mini you don't look as happy as you did down in Arkansas.  Maybe you should move, I think the air there might be bad for you. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I agree with Isaac. You should move. To Arkansas.  :P "Come home, come home, it's supper time....." ** With apologies to Gov. Jimmie Davis**
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

When you finally shave, it's going to be a mess.

Melody

I'm sad that anyone treated you different. It's obvious there's a logical explanation.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 15, 2013, 11:50:00 PM
It's probably the grumpy look he wore. ;)

Could be. Lol. For a guy that is in a pickle to have facial hair, you're not doing to bad.  Nathan's grows kinda patchy and reddish like Shaggy on Scooby Doo.  Lol. But I still like it.  I guess cause its masculine and in the Bible. Feels timeless like doing something Moses did.

Anyway. Great day. I'm enjoying the month off praise singing.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 16, 2013, 02:28:02 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 15, 2013, 11:50:00 PM
It's probably the grumpy look he wore. ;)

Feels timeless like doing something Moses did.
Yeah, well, he killed a man too....and walked hundreds of miles leading a pack of brats. All that, and he STILL didn't get to set foot in the Promised Land.  :hypocrite: Nope, don't wanna be like him.. :laughhard:

Morning, all. I am back at work, clean shaved and saved, unlike our resident sinner, aka Mini... :hypocrite: God moved last night in our little church....not as dramatic as I would like, but sometimes what is going on under the surface beats anything seen on top of the water. Our two new couples were there again- we have just claimed them, and apparently they have claimed us.
I get SO impatient sometimes though....I just want them to run up to the altar and TAKE the gift God is giving them. Have to remind myself it's all in God's time, and simply  preach what God gives me.
Anyhow...y'all have a GREAT day!  :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Didn't get out of church until 9:30 last night. Seeing as a normal time we normally get out is around 8-8:15....I'm tarred. Crazy service. :sleep:

We also signed on a new building this past week. 6.5 acres, 38,000 sq foot.
We have to build a sanctuary on the front. But it's ours. Signed sealed delivered! :clap:
And it's right off of the highway so people will see it! Current tenants have a year left on their lease. So they'll pay US rent.

We have to sell our current building before we can start construction on the new sanctuary.
Nazarene church next door to us has looked at ours 3 times. Pray they can find the financing for it!  :great:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Bobby:  Speaking from personal experience, the hardest part is NOT adding to what God gave me to preach because I think I know what they need preached at them.  Ever caught yourself doing that?  I've put some points in the sermon that I thought would be really good, then God said take them out. I STILL think they were really good points...

Jenn: It can happen.  When we were trying to get a certain church building, another church that kind of dislikes us was at the auction too, and they had announced their intention of getting the building no matter what.  But at the auction we were the only bidders.  Nobody else said a word.  Only thing we can figure is, God held their tongues.  ^.^
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Silly Roscoe.

That is awesome Jenn!!!  Our church went through that process right before we moved here 7ys ago. God has a plan!

Heather

We had an awesome service yesterday too! 1 filled with the Holy Ghost. People shouting and speaking in tongues that usually just stand in the back. Half the praise team running.

Been to the gym. Now to get my head wrapped around the fact I'll be in school this evening. Of course I got housework to do too. Plus mentally prepare for work tomorrow...I don't wanna go back....

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 16, 2013, 03:04:22 PM

That is awesome Jenn!!!  Our church went through that process right before we moved here 7ys ago. God has a plan!

Oh I know he does. Every thing for the new church has literally fallen into place.
We got the land and the building for under 2 million. In the city of Euless (where our church is) that is a STEAL. Literally. God has truly found favor in us.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I have an issue. Brandon and I like going to 2 different churches. I'm way excited he likes to go. Please do not get me wrong. He likes going to a charismatic church where I used to go and I know everyone. We have agreed to have our wedding there and the Pastor has agreed to counsel us and to perform the ceremony. However I like going to a UPC church [it's ingrained in me. I can't help it.] Service times are different so I can attend both twice a week. [Judah-his church-meets at 1030 on sundays and 7 on wednesdays. My church is Sundays at 330 and Tuesdays at 7] But I do feel torn at times. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? If none just pray for us.  :cool:

mini

Lynx

Bobby, mini and anyone else having a bad day now or in the near future:  I found the perfect comic strip for you.
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1995/05/14

"Well you've done all you can do."
"Do you sing at church?"