News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I know Ruby found it on FB but here is my ring if anyone wanted to see it. I have alway been against diamonds and Brandon actually listened. lol. They are all sapphires on a white gold band.

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 14, 2013, 08:18:31 PM
I've learned a lesson over the years and relearn it a times as well.

When a Christian is complaining about other Christians or Apostolics in general and how they don't have kindness and patience towards sinners, well. They just told on themselves.  Fruit of the Spirit isn't discriminate, carnality is. 
That reminds me, there is this one couple, I'm telling you they won't even give visitors a break!  They're all the time...

Uh...

Never mind.  :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

HeatherB:  Congratulations on the ring and on your good taste.  Rubies, emeralds, etc used to be used more for jewelry, but diamonds replaced them because the lighting in public places improved, so glitter became more important (or at least easier to get attention) than color. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 14, 2013, 10:30:09 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on September 14, 2013, 08:18:31 PM
I've learned a lesson over the years and relearn it a times as well.

When a Christian is complaining about other Christians or Apostolics in general and how they don't have kindness and patience towards sinners, well. They just told on themselves.  Fruit of the Spirit isn't discriminate, carnality is. 
That reminds me, there is this one couple, I'm telling you they won't even give visitors a break!  They're all the time...

Uh...

Never mind.  :hypocrite:

Hehehe. I know, it can go round and round. Lol

taco_harvell

Ever notice state capitols usually are located in cities with high crime rates? Our nations capitol has outrageous crime rates. Some of these cities were created just to become the seat of government and politics for the state or nation.

Knowing these things one must assume that politics increases crime.  So, to increase public safety all politicians should be jailed. This is obviously needed to reduce crime.

Just my random thought of the night.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 14, 2013, 10:38:41 PM
HeatherB:  Congratulations on the ring and on your good taste.  Rubies, emeralds, etc used to be used more for jewelry, but diamonds replaced them because the lighting in public places improved, so glitter became more important (or at least easier to get attention) than color.

I just see no point in paying that much money for something. Especially something that doesn't come from the best of backgrounds. I don't like the thought of child slavery to get something shiny on my finger. Plus did I mention the cost?

mini

My sharing:  I am at a honest to goodness point where I cannot shave.  Due to the stitches in my lip, I cannot save my lip area.  My wife and I have discussed several options but we are afraid anything used will get in the wound.   I personally hate the idea of a mustache, and goatees are not a option.  So, I have a beard.  And this will be the first time I have ever been to church with a beard.  And I am more apprehensive about that than I have ever been about ANYTHING.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I LOVE beards!!! I was sad when Brandon had to shave his last month. But it will return....eventually....  :cool:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: mini on September 15, 2013, 12:48:32 AM
My sharing:  I am at a honest to goodness point where I cannot shave.  Due to the stitches in my lip, I cannot save my lip area.  My wife and I have discussed several options but we are afraid anything used will get in the wound.   I personally hate the idea of a mustache, and goatees are not a option.  So, I have a beard.  And this will be the first time I have ever been to church with a beard.  And I am more apprehensive about that than I have ever been about ANYTHING.
we need photos! :demand:

Melody

You could always go with a Hitler-stache. 

:P

I agree about pictures. I understand the platform standard but facial hair is so masculine.  I don't know any guy that doesn't look more competent with well groomed facial hair.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on September 15, 2013, 12:48:32 AM
Since I come from the same type of background, I understand....Reminds me of when I crushed my left hand in a machine at work. Thanks to the bandaging, I couldn't dress myself with anything that had buttons. Going to church in sweatpants and a t shirt, and "Jesus shoes" was nearly more than I could handle. I was never so happy to go to church in jeans as I was when I was finally able to button them. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

I tend to forget that some of you go to THOSE kinds of churches. :updown: At my church, it's pretty common for men to arrive with beards and/or mustaches.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on September 15, 2013, 03:44:20 AM
I tend to forget that some of you go to THOSE kinds of churches. :updown: At my church, it's pretty common for men to arrive with beards and/or mustaches.

:beret:

Yep.  I think climate must make a difference.  Though there are men everywhere who don't associate the hair God gave them on their face with some kind of rebellion, it seems the warmer the region, the less the facial hair, over all

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Melody

I have a cousin that just moved to Milan, TN.  Any good churches there that ya's know about?

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Well, if some of your church guys do then maybe it's a urban vs. rural thing?  Very few do here and none on the platform.

MsJennJenn

Mini: I have not one, but two chicken express's that are barely 10 mins away. Hehe.

On other notes: facial hair? Love. Masculine, hot, attractive.
But yea, not accepted down here. Prayin for a burley northern man to sweep me up up and away.  :freaky2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's not really accepted... Especially on the platform.

Lynx

Well the south always has been slow to change.  Mostly we respect our elders, and our elders still have a thing about facial hair, so we still have standards against it in most places. 

Yes, I just basically said we're waiting for our old folks to die off so we can wear beards again.  :P  Personally I don't like all that hair itching me, but some guys are just waiting...
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 15, 2013, 03:45:19 AM
Let us help you out Bro.Mini...

With the exception of the Hitler mustache, I look rather dashing!  LOL  All I need is a derby hat, and I would be right at home.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller