News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

One Ton of Sun un Fun in Sharing 481!

Started by Newsman, March 19, 2013, 03:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Kim's cleaning out the bank!  And she's the sister of Roscoe, a cop? 

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 23, 2013, 11:38:35 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 23, 2013, 08:30:19 PM
By the way, something I've been meaning to ask Roscoe:  Does Arkansas have a deal with Mapquest or what?  Every time I open mapquest, it defaults to Little Rock, AR.  I can enter a zip code or city name for wherever else I want to look at, but Little Rock is where it opens to. Try it yourself and see.  Did the tourism board pay Mapquest, or is Mapquest HQ based there?

Thats probably because your ip host is located out of Little Rock.
No, my IP host is in Mississippi. And I've tried it from multiple computers on multiple ISPs. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Wow.  I don't know if they'll put that one on the church website but James Little did an amazing job.  He taught some things on communion, which we'll be doing tomorrow if this snow doesn't get out of hand.  He also touched on holiness. 

Quote of the night: 

"When holiness is maintenance then it is sickness.  We are dead to sin, free from bondage... holiness isn't for our salvation, it's for others'." 

I don't know if that is comprehensive w/o the other things he said but it was powerful.  It absolutely BLOWS my mind when I hear stuff preached the right way that turns something from what the world would make seem negative to what it really is, freeing and empowering.  There's never the unction to do less but to be more consecrated.  Not to be saved by works but to enact the truths of God and drop every weight that is unprofitable.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Newsman

Lady Heather, your guy has been lying to you on multiple fronts the past few weeks, but things are OK?

Hello, everyone.

John  :waving:

MelodyB

Sometimes I think I must be the stupidest person in the world. :roll:

Last night, I decided since I only had a little bit of my jucing veggies left, I would throw it in a blender and drink it. No prob. A little carrot, some spinach, some celery, a tiny bit of cucumber and a peach to take the bitterness out. No biggie, it was really good! So I drank it.

Took my heartburn pill, and ate some tums at about 8. Then I went to bed about 12. At 3, I wake up, and eat another handful of tums, cause I'm pretty uncomfortable with heartburn...go back to sleep and now, at 5:30, I'm wide awake with the worst pain I've had in awhile. *sigh* So I took another heartburn pill and chased it down with three big spoonfulls of mustard.

Dear lord. Why am I so stupid to think that raw veggies in a blender is ok to drink after dinner time? That was amazingly stupid on my part. I know better. I really do.

:frustrated:

Since I started typing this, it has dissipated slightly. But I'm still a real genius! SMH.

Goodnight again.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work...on a cold dreary rainy sunday.. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

When you get yourself in the position I'm in with no where to go except to live in your car, you learn to work things out. And if you knew the family background from his life.....it's a work in progress. I'm honestly surprised he turned out as good as he did. Pretty much as soon as ANYTHING comes out we talk about it. Right then. No holding onto it. No letting it simmer. If either of us get too angry we walk away for 10 minutes then come back to resolve it. Unfortunately in that 10 minutes I come in here and blow off that steam.

I'm up. Chili in the crock pot. Eating my delicious Oikos hoping it doesn't try to kill me. The we are off to church. I think Brandon is more excited than I am to go.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Just got up a bit ago. We have about 8 in of wet heavy snow that is taking out some people's power lines. Church was cancelled.

I was up all night sick but I think I'm pretty much better today. Gotta make the family a big breakfast and then we'll probably have some family church right here.

Maybe. If I don't just lay down and go to sleep again.

Kim

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 24, 2013, 01:39:53 AM
Yeah, but they won't let me clean the dirtiest room in the bank----THE VAULT!!! :biglaugh:

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 23, 2013, 11:38:35 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 23, 2013, 08:30:19 PM
By the way, something I've been meaning to ask Roscoe:  Does Arkansas have a deal with Mapquest or what?  Every time I open mapquest, it defaults to Little Rock, AR.  I can enter a zip code or city name for wherever else I want to look at, but Little Rock is where it opens to. Try it yourself and see.  Did the tourism board pay Mapquest, or is Mapquest HQ based there?

Thats probably because your ip host is located out of Little Rock.
No, my IP host is in Mississippi. And I've tried it from multiple computers on multiple ISPs.

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on March 24, 2013, 04:37:08 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 24, 2013, 01:39:53 AM
Yeah, but they won't let me clean the dirtiest room in the bank----THE VAULT!!! :biglaugh:

fixed for ya. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

MelodyB

Heather

Did someone say Nunsense?!?!? [Sorry I'm having horrible theatre withdrawals.....]

Home from church. Chili has been eaten. I feel a nap coming on. We visited a different church today. Since Brandon has more Sundays off now I really want to find somewhere we can go together. Next week I think we are going to go visit the UPC church in Damascus again. I'm praying and believing for the day that he's not just an observer but a participater in service.

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been nearly 80 at times last week but tonight we have a freeze warning and the wind is blowing like crazy.

MelodyB

I have been sweating all day. It's so HOT! But yet the temp shows its cooling off again. Wind is chilly, but I can't keep from being hot. Indoors and out. Blah.

Lynx

It was windy here this afternoon, but now it's just cold.  Like, mid-winter cold.  Bleh.

In other news, we of my factory begin our involuntary vacation.  Thank you Lord I have enough for what I need, but it will pinch a bit.  But on the plus side, if we gotta take a week off for lack of business we couldn't have picked a better week to take off.  Lots of stuff going on at the church, with Easter coming up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Speaking of missing theatre I received a text from a friend who is currently doing one of my favorite productions. It's 1 weekend only in a role I've played twice now. But after looking up the cast doing the production last October I don't know if I want to do it. It was a hot mess. Their is 'eh' theatre and 'that was horrible' theatre and this is definitly on the horrible end  :smirk2: The only positive is I would be amazing....

MelodyB

Well, you got the confidence part down... ;-)

I have a friend whose mother died suddenly Friday evening. Tonight I went and hung out at her mothers house while she was there. I may be helping her with her little boy during the funeral. He has down syndrome.

Headed to bed now. Hopefully my heart won't burn tonight.

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on March 25, 2013, 06:07:22 AM
Headed to bed now. Hopefully my heart won't burn tonight.
I read that line and for no good reason my brain spit out some HisSong lyrics

Can you burn with the zeal that you had back then
When God first saved your soul
Win the lost at any cost and help them learn
Like the bush God spoke to Moses from
At the point of no return
Can you burn
Christian can you burn
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: :hi:
Yesterday was a good day....saw a facebook friend who I didn't know had any knowledge of Pentecost post a Youtube of Bro David Bernard preaching with the comment "Great Preaching". I sent him a fb message that turned into about thirty minutes of conversation, with the end result that I picked him up for church last night. He worshipped and enjoyed the service, and told me that he is hunting for a home church and would be praying about ours. The young man told me he didn't know much about doctrine, or standards, or anything else, but he "knew he was Oneness".... Praying that God will continue to draw and lead him.
Made my day, especially when he was more than open for the possibility of a Bible Study. I'm hoping that will come through. His Dad has been a friend of mine for nearly twenty years- a fellow cop, ham, and Jeep nut- but strangly we've never talked church much.
And totally off subject - it was flowerin' 24 degrees here this morning!  :o I want my warm weather back.... And that's my sharing for the day.

Melody

Had a dream I was teaching a college class on the NT.  lol. I'm not nearly smart enough so not sure where that came from.