News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I must have been more tired than I thought last night.  I slept like a rock.  Or a log, or however that saying goes.  I remember one incredibly silly dream but nothing more.

Fuzzy:  Depends where the hens will be.  My dad wanted to try keeping chickens so he did.  They left little grapes of excrement all over the front yard.  Have you ever been outside playing in the yard and step on a chicken dropping with your bare feet?  :roll: I was not sorry to see them go.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning, all.....Back at work, and it's my Friday! Be glad to get it done, this week has been hades for me.... :scared:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

I have a friend in Topeka that has just chickens. Her kids write names on the eggs before they hatch. Lol. She sells the eggs they won't consume.  I hear they're good for gardens with certain things. Seth would know.  Seth do they eat tomato plants?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 20, 2014, 11:05:20 AM
Fuzzy:  Have you ever been outside playing in the yard and step on a chicken dropping with your bare feet?  :roll: I was not sorry to see them go.
Yes, actually, I have.  My grandmother's chickens used to run loose in the yard. 
I think I'd want a chicken tractor and only let them loose for short times.

And MellowYellow, chickens will eat ANYTHING.

MsJennJenn

A chicken tractor sounds like you want to mow them over. Lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

A chicken tractor is a movable chicken pen/run.

Lynx

If I hear one more variation of "That's not my job" I think I'm gonna start setting fire to things.  I swear, I don't see why some people even bother getting a job if they have no interest in actually working.  What do they want, just to stay home and collect a paycheck? 

And that's my griping for the week.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Andrew will occasionally wear a bow tie. He likes the look of the old timer preachers wearing them.

Anyway, this video made me think of Jenn, for belts, headbands and whatever other creativity she might use it for.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/381566331962283?view=permalink&id=552471971538384

Roscoe

:hi: I came home and decided to put my new antenna together and test it at about ten feet. I'm well pleased. Without having it up on the Tower of Babble, I talked to Austral Island, Antartica, Hawaii,Cuba, and one I have no clue where is, Kazakhstan. Yeah, I think this'll work just fine.... :P

The old antenna I've been using couldn't even pick up most of them... now to get my tower guy out to finish up.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

It's been a busy week. Got a new phone. It has this text to voice voice to text thing which I really like. Then Panama City yesterday had I appointment. At the sea some friends and my family. Had a great time! Now I'm sitting in the parking lot at work waiting for time to go in and that is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Roscoe,  all the stuff you've talked about putting up, I imagine your yard looks like a space alien communication base.  Lol

I'm excited if spring ever gets here. Still taking Andrew to school in the 20's and 30's temps most days.  I feel like I'm using the furnace more recently. Lol

Hope Mini had an awesome birthday yesterday. (:

Good grief, I had to fix a ton of typos in this post.  Lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Weekends should be Mon-Fri, and weekdays Sat-Sun.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 21, 2014, 05:54:00 PM
Weekends should be Mon-Fri, and weekdays Sat-Sun.

teenagers don't need that much weekend.  Lol

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I have to work most saturdays now so I'm unsure of this weekend you speak of.

Was only scheduled 22 hours this week and I'm already between 26-27. AND I still have to work tomorrow.

Going to the basketball game in a bit. I haven't been to one yet and we are currently in tournament play. So go Bucs!!!  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Worked a deal with my sister on a lawnmower, so I went and got us a new one. Simply tired of always working on the 8 year old John Deere. I may have to pick up cans to pay for this one, but I've got a shiny new zero turn Bad Boy in the storage shed now. And boy is operating a zero turn lawn mower a trip when you've never drove one. I looked like a drunk skunk trying to unload it and mow the church yard. 'Course, Bro Wilson didn't look any better when he tried his hand at it...:P
Supposed to rain tonight. I hope it doesn't mess with my new beam before I can get it on top of the tower of Babble.
And btw, Herbgirl, I actually have just one mast with an antenna on it, the partially completed tower of Babble, and the top section to the tower bolted to my shed for testing. I don't have extra terrestrial communications- YET. But the Hexbeam DOES resemble something you would talk to an alien with, I've been told..:lol:

Heather

We lost. But it was fun going none the less. I sat beside the sweetest old lady who gave me popcorn and a free drink. She retired from teaching nursing at the school and spends all her time now going to all the athletics. She already has her season passes for the football team [which we don't have one until Fall of 2015].

I have found this awesome thing called Skype [I know I'm WWAAAAYYYY behind the times....] and was wondering if any of you heathens also Skype? Since it doesn't look like we are having a get together anytime soon nor will I be able to go a meetin people with my school schedule. Just a thought.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

I had Skype multiple times because friends would say they are on Skype and I should call them up sometime.  I'd reinstall Skype, try to remember what my nick and password were, have a conversation... and then they'd never call again.  Apparently I'm boring to talk to in realtime. 

Now I can't do Skype because I'm subsisting on my phone's internet connection.  Though my phone can broadcast a wifi connection for my laptop to use, it is far too slow for realtime voice channels.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local news, it is such a beautiful morning today that I let Dan off his cable to run around free for a while.  Seeing an energetic dog who has just been set free running around the yard for the sheer joy of running is an inspiring sight first thing in the morning.  But it makes me really regret the necessity of keeping him on the lead most of the time, and it makes it harder to bring myself to put him back on the lead later in the day. 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

There is an app for skype on your phone probably.  I have it on mine.

Roscoe

Shew, Lord. I be tarred....... I went grocery shopping and spent way too much. And while I was there, I saw that Walmart's garden center was open, so I bought $10 worth of pansies, petunias, and marigolds. I repainted the letters  red on our "name log" that is in the little flowerbed by the road, and planted all those colorful little flowers there. Yellow, gold, deep purple, white and "peppermint"- red and white striped....the flowers make the flowerbed look like a colorful happy little place.
I then spent half of forever cleaning out behind the shop, which was a job in and of itself. It now looks much nicer. And I've mowed every square foot of grass in my neighborhood, just to play with my new lawnmower- including the neighbors. :laughhard:
I'd have weedeated but I discover I was out of trimmer line after I got back home and didn't feel like driving back into town.
Oh, and I picked up the part Rusty's been needing, now to get time to fix it.
And that's Roscoe's book o' sharing fer today. :hi:

Melody

So basically you are telling us that in fact you are a yard gnome.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-