News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from Douglas Klinedinst:  "Pastors, if you want to know what's going on in your church just hold a testimony service.  They will spill the beans!  You'll find out stuff you never even guessed."

In local news, I am up.  I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old, but the last few weeks I've found it harder to get to sleep and harder to get up.  And harder to not kill the alarm clock when it goes off.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I'm awake. Kinda. Went to hurting to bad to stay laying down. That's when you know you're crossing into old age, and apparently that was the last sprint I've done. :lol:
It's quiet and peaceful, with me and the dof the only ones up. I've gone and hidden in the radio room.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

just lurking.

nothing to report. school. work. the normal.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

I got to the point today where sleep was more important than food...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Even more important than chocolate?  :o

As a registered nurse you of all should know better than to wear yourself down like that.  Gonna pay for that when you get older.  :nono:  THEN how will you take care of Burrito?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

My lovely four days off needs to slow down. My two vacation days are past, and I have nothing much to show for them. And since I JUST got up today, I suspect that today will be nonproductive too. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Where's everyone at today?!? Y'all are way too quiet. We've been getting a little rain, but the bad weather forecast for us appears to have gone south of us...

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

It came down here roscoe. We were out of electricity from right after we took the food off the stove to eat- to sometime in the middle of the night.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Newsman

Roscoe

:stupid:
Someone's a little rowdy, it appears...:eyebrow:
Been a good day. My antennas survived the wind we got, it was close to seventy degrees or so here today, and Punkin and I got Rusty out and went for a little drive/picnic/ flower collection. Then I came home and mowed the yard, weedeated, and played ham radio for a bit.
Sadly, I have to return to work tomorrow.
These past four days have flown by. Bah.

Lynx

Flown by?  Come over here then!  We've been having youth revival this week, and our church is catering food for the local coon hunt meet.  Burning the candle at both ends... I found out ever since I switched to day shift at work, it's a lot harder to do these days that end at 2:30am.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

What is a coon meet?  Do you eat racoons?!

The Purple Fuzzy

Whew, what a day.
We cooked brisket, turkey & pork roast on the smoker. I made chocolate pie, banana podding & out of this world pie. Had company here & they did some picking & grinning. Now we're tired.

Lynx

I said a coon hunt meet.  A lot of guys bring their dogs, pair off with judges, go out coon hunting.  Whomever gets the most treed coons wins.  If there's a tie the two groups go out again OR agree to split the winnings.  This is kind of a big deal, as the winner gets a lot of money and people will pay much for puppies from his dog. 

As a fundraiser our church carts food up there, cooks it on-site and sells it to the coon hunters. 

All I know is I'm glad I'm not a coon hunter.  2:30am is when most of them go home but if there's a tie and the two groups that tied can't agree to split it they can be out until after 6am.  That's what they did Friday night/Saturday early morning, but we did NOT stay to serve food to the four people who came back. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I had a couple of friends that were big into coon hunting....but you'd have gone broke in a fundraiser with their group- unless you managed to get the Water-into-Wine miracle to occur again. They were of the school of thought that to catch a coon, you must think like him, and assumed he was drunk.  :laughhard:
And I'm back at work. The altenator light on the lincoln flickered on as  I pulled into the parking lot this morning, but went right out. Has me concerned..

Heather

Was petsitting this weekend. Going back next weekend too. Visited a friends church this am. Came home and cleaned up a bit around my room. Unpacked. Did homework. Now off to revival service at another friends church.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali