News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Is your church all clean & looking spiffy? Come in & polish it in Sharing 460!!

Started by MelodyB, April 02, 2012, 02:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 05, 2012, 03:01:49 AM
It's hard to preach face  down on the floor, but with God,s help I did...... lol
As I said via text- only you would figure out a way to lay down on the job preaching. :P

Morning, all. Gonna be a beautiful day! If I make it through today, I'll work the part time gig tomorrow, then get a blessed day off. Why I'm looking forward to that, I know not, because I'll be working on something- but I won't be here.  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Packing today for Oklahoma. 

We're going to a wedding in Tulsa on Saturday and then visiting our friends on Sunday that just moved to OKCity to help with a church there, well one of the suburbs.

They have afternoon service so I wanted to stop and see the Porters but I don't think we can swing it.  We'll have like a 6hr drive home after church.

Cool News: my sister with the twins is coming with her whole clan, new hubby and all to the wedding.  This family's wedding that we're going to is a more conservative church and my bro in law's first experience around Apostolics besides us.  I hope he feels so loved, it boggles his mind.

taco_harvell

Quote from: MelodyB on April 05, 2012, 05:00:04 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on April 05, 2012, 03:01:49 AM
It's hard to preach face  down on the floor, but with God,s help I did...... lol

Did you fall down like Kimber did?

Nope ........

Where is Isaac?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

Moreso, where is Barb?  I haven't heard anything about her for awhile.  Did she ever get out of the hospital?  Where is she now?  Is she still working with the homeless?

Roscoe

We are missing some of our "regulars".....they need to get on back home! :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 05, 2012, 01:36:02 PM
Moreso, where is Barb?  I haven't heard anything about her for awhile.  Did she ever get out of the hospital?  Where is she now?  Is she still working with the homeless?
She got out of the hospital and finally was able to get and apt with another gal.  I haven't heard from her lately.

mini

In case Roscoe stops by again...I may have just really killed my phone...lol

*waits*

So far...so good...maybe...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

I know it's time to move onto something else when I want to post on FB that resposting some prayer or declaration about Jesus means squat.  I don't repost simply because they always make it sound like only real Christians repost.  Makes me wanna slap their mama.  Total retardation I tell you.  :roll:

mini

MelodyB

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 05, 2012, 01:41:59 PM
What ever happened to IowaSkirtGirl?

I'm safe to say this cause I know she most likely won't read it. And even if she does by some chance, I don't care. If she is back on this board that means she is trying to do better and she won't kill me for what I'm about to say. It's truth...

She has given up on God and church at the moment. She had gotten involved in the wrong kind of people and backslid, that's basically the jist of it. Now she rarely texts me, and when she does, she will "flaunt" her sinfulness to me. I have tried to talk to her about things, but right now she is unresponsive to anything I say about God.

She hasnt been around GP for obvious reasons, but the main one being that she felt like she didn't fit in and no one cared anyway. She says aside from me, no one talks to her anymore, and so they must not care. I hadn't mentioned it before now cause I didn't want to say anything until someone asked. I didn't want her to think I came in here and coaxed y'all into reaching out to her.

But she definitely needs prayer. As far as I know she isn't going to any kind of church right now and she is still hanging with the wrong people and doing the wrong things.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 05, 2012, 01:24:16 PM
Where is Isaac?
I am still here.  I check the forum multiple times per day usually.  But I don't always have anything interesting, entertaining or relevant to say.  In the words of the great Confuse-Us:  When you have nothing to say, say nothing. 

But I am here.  And you are there.  In fact, except for me everyone here is there, because I'm here and you're not here, so you have to be there. 

But that's neither here nor there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 05, 2012, 02:27:02 PM
I know it's time to move onto something else when I want to post on FB that resposting some prayer or declaration about Jesus means squat.  I don't repost simply because they always make it sound like only real Christians repost.  Makes me wanna slap their mama.  Total retardation I tell you.  :roll:

I AGREE!!

I hate that whole "if you love Jesus you will repost, if you don't then just move on" mess. Makes everyone feel guilty into reposting!

And furthermore! It's been my experience, that 95% of the time, the people that are the ones who continually post that stuff is the people who KNOW the truth, and have backslid! They know better! Posting those things on your FB is NOT gonna make you right with God, and people are not that dumb! They can tell by your pictures and language that you dont really mean what you say! Posting that stuff dont make you look holy! Drives me insane to see that! 

/rant

Melody

I tried to call her a couple of times and she never responded.  This was a long time ago though.

You can't be offended unless you don't want to forgive.

That is really sad.  I know that church is full of good people.  Isn't ironic when people get upset at others, they take it out on God? 

MelodyB

Two posts already and I haven't even said good morning. Lol

Good morning!

I'm fixing to start some chicken boiling for a nice pot of chicken and dumplings for dinner.

mini

Melody

I'm going to go make some...

You're so sweet, Mel.  I rarely say "Good morning."  In fact, I've heard you talk about greeting people when you enter the room and I was taught the oposite.  To not draw attention to yourself and wait for someone to greet you, unless you are an elder, leader for that situation.  The whole speak when you're spoken to philosophy, having reverence.  Neither is better or worse, but I notice the cultural difference.  In my mind, I'm thinking, "who am I to cause everyone to turn and look at me, but I will stand aside and hear what others are and have."  But I think that when you come in greeting that you are essentially paying respect to those your coming in contact with, right? So same goal, different approach.

When it comes to out in public though, we are to be salt and light so I do greet and start conversations sometimes.

The Purple Fuzzy

What blows my mind on FB lately is a graphic that says "If you've been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and not afraid to shout it, then share"  and most of the folks that I've seen posting it lately aren't oneness.  I wonder if they even read the graphic.

Melody

Lots of Trinitarians use Jesus name and baptize by submersian. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to spell that word right now.. lol

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 05, 2012, 12:51:43 PM
Packing today for Oklahoma. 

We're going to a wedding in Tulsa on Saturday and then visiting our friends on Sunday that just moved to OKCity to help with a church there, well one of the suburbs.

They have afternoon service so I wanted to stop and see the Porters but I don't think we can swing it.  We'll have like a 6hr drive home after church.

Cool News: my sister with the twins is coming with her whole clan, new hubby and all to the wedding.  This family's wedding that we're going to is a more conservative church and my bro in law's first experience around Apostolics besides us.  I hope he feels so loved, it boggles his mind.
All that traveling around you do can't be good for a person.  I read that in the newspaper at the supermarket check-out line. 

I also read about the mean old doctor that separated two siamese twins, but then when he found out the parents couldn't pay he sewed them back together again.  That's a great little newspaper. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 05, 2012, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on April 05, 2012, 01:24:16 PM
Where is Isaac?
I am still here.  I check the forum multiple times per day usually.  But I don't always have anything interesting, entertaining or relevant to say.  In the words of the great Confuse-Us:  When you have nothing to say, say nothing. 

But I am here.  And you are there.  In fact, except for me everyone here is there, because I'm here and you're not here, so you have to be there. 

But that's neither here nor there.
Well if you came here we would both be here and everyone else would be there.... Unless of course they came here. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

No, sorry, you would still be there.   If you were sitting two feet away from me you would still be there.  I am the only one here who is here. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Nuts,all of ya. :smirk2:

And mel, I wish laci didn't feel thataway. I tried to make it a point to post on any of her threads when she seemed like she needed advice or a friend....I think most of us did.

I don't judge her, and I hope she comes back to God. She had, has, an awesome opportunity for a testimony, but as I've posted to her before, you can't hang on to the world and lve for God part time. Its one thing to fall, its another to willingly get down...

Lynx

Roscoe I will have you know I am NOT nuts.  I'm ketchup, I got a promotion!   :clap:
"Do you sing at church?"