News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Is your church all clean & looking spiffy? Come in & polish it in Sharing 460!!

Started by MelodyB, April 02, 2012, 02:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Did the Romans decorate crosses with Easter Lilies?  :P

My parents are getting to where they are not safe to leave alone.  Mom said while ago that dad had a spell on her while they were at town yesterday and his sugar was extremely low when they got home and she checked it.  He doesn't historically have sugar problems.  He doesn't eat and drink like he should really I don't think sometimes.  These poor old people.  *sigh*

MelodyB

Yes. Good thing about the things I have to buy for the cross, I don't need money. The church funds pay for that.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

MelodyB

MelodyB

I just handed dad my savings money that I had saved for the meetup. :smirk2: He has to have gas to get back and forth to town for dialysis and hyperbarics this week. They have to amputate two more of his toes as well, after his hyperbarics are finished. He has 16 more two hour sessions.

MelodyB

Headed for the shower. I'm behind schedule, but I guess it's ok. I'll live.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

kmymbir

I made a great impression on the people in the banks today!! I slipped across a floor!! IT WAS GREAT (i'm still laughing about it)....
In other sharing news I am going to pray tonight WOO.
"Hello Jesus, I'm your favorite, Did you miss me?"
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on April 04, 2012, 05:37:14 PM
I just handed dad my savings money that I had saved for the meetup. :smirk2: He has to have gas to get back and forth to town for dialysis and hyperbarics this week. They have to amputate two more of his toes as well, after his hyperbarics are finished. He has 16 more two hour sessions.
The Lord will make a way somehow
When beneath the cross I bow...

Might not be what you want though.  But here's hoping it includes being at Petit Jean. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Amen.

I'm sure dad will pay me back when he does sell the motorhome. But I'm not gonna ask. And it wasnt much, but it was what I had especially FOR the trip.

Anyway. God is good. I have wonderful friends who make me laugh and smile. And who truly love me. :)

Headed to run my errands and get to church.

Chseeads

SippinTea

Mel, I just looked up the oven-cooked bacon link you sent me to make sure I remembered right, 'cause I want to do BLTs tonight. :) So. Here goes my experiment. :) Gonna get the bacon cooked ahead of time, 'cause this evening is looking to be very busy.

:beret:

taco_harvell

Gonna head to church shortly.... Teaching tonight because the other minister was busy and pastor had a tooth pulled today.

Teaching; Worship the ultimate form of submission.

Or something along those lines.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

We had midweek service last night but no cell groups this week due to MO youth convention. 

Last night the teacher taught on some awesome fulfilled prophesies of Jesus.  So I thought I'd share:

Sunday is considered the first day, though Jews call it just the first day or Day 1.  Day one is called the day of deliverance.  God created light, Noah landed the ark, Israelites crossed the Red Sea, and Jesus came into Jerusalem; all on Sundays. 

Sunday, of the "Holy Week" had the little spotless lamb brought into Jerusalem.  They petted, praised God, fanned with palm leaves, excited that the reproach of God would be taken away.  Shortly thereafter, Jesus came through, they did the same things thinking Jesus would be a political king and not realizing the "lamb" significance.

The first few days they inspect the lamb.  The first few days Jesus was interrogated.  They fastened the lamb to a wooden post, Jesus was nailed to wood.  The lamb was to be slain at 3 o'clock at which time the priest would declare that it was finished, Jesus died at 3 o'clock saying "It is finished."

Side note: traditions and paganism came up.  Easter egg hunts started as a lesson for children about seek and ye shall find and the scripture where it says even evil fathers give their children bread, not stones, eggs, not scorpions.  And that we have to not give Pagans credit for good things.  Pagans were the first ones to put perfume under their arms!  Pagans were the first one to put plants in their home.  There were some more but it was pretty funny.  I'm not going to stop wearing deoderant just cause pagans invented it... LOL

Also, at the Last Supper, where Jesus washed the disciples feet... That Jesus told Peter he'd have no part of Him if he didn't let Him wash his feet... that we cannot come before Jesus by our own righteousness but much be washed by Him to be accepted.  Another type/shadow of baptism.

Anyways.. fun stuff I learned. (:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on April 04, 2012, 08:57:36 PM
Mel, I just looked up the oven-cooked bacon link you sent me to make sure I remembered right, 'cause I want to do BLTs tonight. :) So. Here goes my experiment. :) Gonna get the bacon cooked ahead of time, 'cause this evening is looking to be very busy.

Let me know how it works for ya! ;) BLTs sound good.

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 04, 2012, 09:32:22 PM
Seth, did you ever find the money your grandma gave you?

No, I don't know what in the world became of it.... 

taco_harvell

It's hard to preach face  down on the floor, but with God,s help I did...... lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Eating a RBP....going to bed shortly thereafter I suppose so I can get up and go spread greeting card cheer at the dollar store revision....  :roll:

MelodyB

MelodyB

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 05, 2012, 03:01:49 AM
It's hard to preach face  down on the floor, but with God,s help I did...... lol

Did you fall down like Kimber did?

SippinTea

Thank you to everyone who prayed for our friend Vincent. He's home from the hospital, doing much better. Apparently it WAS the rare migraine thing, because he started feeling better almost instantly when they gave him that particular medication. So thankful it wasn't one of the other (more severe or life-threatening) possibilities they were guessing at first. Thankful to know the Healer. :)

Mel - It worked perfect! I doubt I'll ever do bacon on the stovetop again. :D

MelodyB