Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Headed home. It's been fun, but after the lobster in Maine, Chey looked at me and said Daddy, I want to go home. No Statue of Liberty, no Liberty Bell- I'm ready to be back in my own bed. She takes after her mama- not a travel person past a few days. So we headed home. Ran through Amish central, aka Lancaster County, PA, on the way. I made it as far as Knoxville before I called it a day. Booked us in what possibly is the only Hampton Inn I wouldn't reccommend....they are usually just my speed but this one- well, the room is ok, but has a ghetto feel to it. That's ok, we just here for a few hours...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Been busy with grandkids. :)

There's no place like home, Roscoe.

MsJennJenn

Introduction call with my first client today. State of Connecticut. Eek.

We found a house in Ardmore finally woot. Now we're just waiting on the contract.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Home. Got in last night. Well over 3k miles, many pics, lots of smiles and memories, even without several planned stops. I'm spending this date recuperating...tomorrow, I'll be back to the apartment work and other chores.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Read thru the house contract it's fine basic. You can tell they're new to having renters lol. But I'm a pro renter so psh  :freaky2:

Woke up with a bleh headache this morning. Have tons of calls today.
Got our momma kitty spayed yesterday. She's doing so well, but all of the options we've tried to "cone" her head so she doesnt lick her spay area haven't worked. She slides right out of them. We're still struggling to find her and 3 of the kittens homes. Sigh. Kitten four goes to a home this Saturday. I am not okay thinking about having to send them off.

New house is already doing us a solid by letting us have our regular 3 cats, we can't add four more to the mix unfortunately. If we were able to buy a house we'd just take them all lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:
It's not raining today! Nice to see some sunshine.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Been busy today. My phone died last night- I had it backed up to google. Except for my pics. So the only pics I have from our trip are those I posted on FB. Glad I actually posted them. Spending 1300 on a phone was not in my plans though. When nothing would make it come back on, the store said it was likely a motherboard issue. :pound:
Mowed the yard. Upgraded to a Galaxy S24 Ultra.  Wild since my first smart phone was a Galaxy S4...

The Purple Fuzzy

I hate that you lost your photos. It's always a pain when your phone gives up the ghost.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 08, 2024, 02:28:59 AMBeen busy today. My phone died last night- I had it backed up to google. Except for my pics. So the only pics I have from our trip are those I posted on FB. Glad I actually posted them. Spending 1300 on a phone was not in my plans though. When nothing would make it come back on, the store said it was likely a motherboard issue. :pound:
Mowed the yard. Upgraded to a Galaxy S24 Ultra.  Wild since my first smart phone was a Galaxy S4...

Spending... HOW MUCH on a phone?

Dude. My ThinkPhone was less than a third of that price and it's a powerhouse. I'm using it as a desktop computer right now (what you Samsung users call Dex mode.)

You can get a phone with a built-in laser projector and a camping-grade light on the back for $600. I'm not getting it because I don't want to project videos on the wall or go camping, but I think it's really cool that someone made it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

I'll stick with my $159 Tracfone Galaxy A15 5G. It might be a bit slow  but it does everything I need a phone to do.

We had an unloader fiasco today at Walmart. We got a pallet of 32 inch tvs stacked 4 high on tonight's truck. One of the newbie unloaders was pulling said pallet off the truck, rounded a corner too fast, and dumped the whole pallet over on its side.  We had to claim out the whole pallet to send back as broken. Thankfully no one was hurt.

MsJennJenn

Oh no Tia - at least they were only 32's lol

Things are slowing starting to progress on finding the kittens homes. I only have one left!! Plus Momma cat. I can tell she's sad though. I feel so awful. I know it will pass and she'll forget but ahhh.

I got someone to take the fish tank and fishes too. Plus the shelf it was sitting on. Sold the full bed frame and mattress I had. Plus gave away the walking pad/treadmill thing I never used. Hubbs and I cleaned up a pile of stuff in the backyard and went thru the garage stuff since new house has no garage. Slowly getting things ready for our move.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Back at work. Narrowly avoided having an audit today. She's going to reschedule since she had a family emergency come up herself. WHEW. I had already forgotten it was today! I panicked when I saw it on the calendar this morning. LOL..

Busy weekend! Wedding was beautiful. Athena did great at her first wedding. Annabelle Festival went well for the youth. They completely sold out of lemon shakeups!

I'm a little tired but I did manage a recliner nap after church. I think that helped my headaches for sure.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Bleh. It's gloomy here today.

Yesterday: breakfast and iced coffee = all fine.
Today: same breakfast and same iced coffee = VIOLENCE.

whyyyy  :-?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Not in a great mood today. very irritable. Probably not a good day for it seeing that it's my busiest day of the week.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Lynx

Still waiting to see what all this VIOLENCE was about...
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

I'm guessing she means the way her insides reacted to the food.. but I could be wrong.

Lunch made things a little better here for me. I'd still rather be on vacation haha.

MsJennJenn

Bahaha - yes violence in my belly/bowels. lol GP has no poop emoji. lol  :noo:

Got our move date from the relocation company. Starts 6/26. Eek coming up fast.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, that's really soon to be moving again.

The Purple Fuzzy

Supposed to swap out grand kids this weekend. Trading one for two.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 13, 2024, 01:39:42 AMWow, that's really soon to be moving again.

Lordy don't I know it. We just moved here in October LOL.
But it's for the best. Husband got his promotion which is why we moved here in the first place. Thankfully the new town is only an hour and a half drive away. So not too far. And we will hopefully stay there 3-5 years. Lord willing.  :updown:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

With the move, you are probably about the same distance from Dallas aren't you?  Maybe a little closer?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on June 13, 2024, 07:12:54 PMWith the move, you are probably about the same distance from Dallas aren't you?  Maybe a little closer?

Closer!! We're about 2 hours now from DFW in W. Falls.
Our house in Ardmore is only an hour and a half. lol woo. closer to my friend who lives in Aubrey too. Yay.
-Alexander Den Heijer-