News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Sneaking in to see what ya'll have been up to in my absence. I've been busy.... I don't know how I'm gonna find time to go back to work next week. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Friday mornings wear me out!

Lunchtime I went to pick up Athena from Jeremy on his route. The humidity was zapping all her energy. She's now trying t nap in her kennel here at my work. Hopefully I can stay awake too, LOL.

Off work at 3:30. Oil change at 4pm. Then to the church to clean and finish my sunday school room decor.

Lynx

I found starkist tuna in the little plastic pouches for $0.79 a piece!

That counts as exciting in my world.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Been a good week. Car show, parts,etc bought; time spent with uncle; time spent with Mini and Kim. Just tremendous. And now we are about to be off for Father's Day service and the traditional potluck dinner, with Jerm being the preacher standing between the church and food. Mahvahleous.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I found five pairs of black pants at the thrift store for two bucks a piece!

Good for church AND w*rk.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Not a bad deal Lynx.

Cleaned out my dresser - 2 bags full.
Cleaned out the linen closet - got rid of 4 comforters, 3 sets of sheets, and various other items. Another bag full. Put the comforters and sheet sets on FB marketplace for free to anyone who wants.
Cleaned out husbands dresser/closet - 3 more bags full.
Purged entire kitchen had like 5 boxes full. lol put it all on FB marketplace for free and someone came and picked up most of it.

Would rather give it to someone in need vs goodwill make money off of it.

Last full week in Wichita Falls. Eek.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Purging feels so great! (house stuff... not being sick Lol)

Jeremy's pushing SO hard for this move to Utah. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to ride this wave until it dies, hahaha. I said at least one year before I can move. Too much in our house to deal with structurally and with all our stuff as well.

@work. Fairly good weekend.

Backseat Radio

The dog days of August arrived a month and a half early... highs in the mid to upper 90s all week with humidity making it feel worse.

Roscoe

Hi. Back at work. None stop.... I'm glad I was caught up when I left. Just my normal caseload this week is unbelievable.

SippinTea

Clearly, it's been too long since I stopped in. :o

JennJenn, you're married?!? How long? Where'd you meet him? And all that good stuff. Lol

The Cliff Notes update to my life:
- I closed the salsa business last December.
- The three minions are 7, almost 9, and 11. The oldest two ditched the pirate ship a few years ago, and are both living in Texas - one is engaged to be married this summer.
- The Pirate (AKA Tsalagi) still works for the post office, and is LOVING having an 11 yr old girl. The sheer volume of terrible Dad Jokes at our house would make even Mini and Roscoe proud.  :lol:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

The Purple Fuzzy

Hey, Ruby. Glad you dropped by.

Lynx

Now if I had gone and got married since the last time you dropped by, it really WOULD have been way too long since your last visit.  :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Wowser. So glad to see Wooby sneaking in. Please don't be a stranger, we miss ya!
Glad for the update on the kiddos.
 Morning all. I'm back at work. Our little town is all over the news and full of excitement and cops. Seems an Alabama bad guy killed someone, ran to Oklahoma and killed a few more, and decided he would stop in our little town to rest. FBI and other alphabet agencies spotted the car he had stolen from a murder victim, and the dude ghosted the motel. They have video of him buying camping equipment, and our area is perfect for that sort of thing..lots of wooded undeveloped areas. They are pretty sure he is camping around here. Guy has a nasty habit of walking up to motorists, shooting them and taking their car.
I've got my ladies being super watchful, and keeping their guns at ready.
Had bible study last night...summer sickness and vacation has struck the congregation. From a norm of 40sih down to low 30s last night. :pound:
And I am scheduled heavily today...on a day I don't wanna do anything. :pound:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on Yesterday at 01:41:43 AMClearly, it's been too long since I stopped in. :o

JennJenn, you're married?!? How long? Where'd you meet him? And all that good stuff. Lol

Clearly, it's been TOO long Ruby!! lol

Yes, I am married. October 23 will make 2 years lol. We met on a dating app in 2016. We were friends for many years before we tried dating. I hate uploading photos here cus I have to use a go-between sight, but if you check @the.sunshine.jungle on Instagram you'll see photos. lol We're about to invade Oklahoma and become Okies with Mini. EEK :o

Got the bulk of my garden all moved into pots. I hope it doesn't die. I still have one garden bed to do but my drill died so I could get the screws out. I also cleaned the back patio off. Moved everything that I back there except the actual patio set to the garage for movers. Movers can do the patio set. Getting down to the wire. Got my u-haul for Saturday to move my 70+ indoor plants and garden pots. Lordy I'm already tired thinking of it. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-

Nelle

@work. So is Athena. She's not happy about it either, hahaha. It's just so hot for her with Jeremy.

I'm headed to Arkansas after work tomorrow. My brother & SIL flew in Tuesday evening. Mom & Dad almost got caught up in a police car chase heading into Memphis. Mom hasn't recovered yet haha.

I saw that news about Morrilton but totally forgot that proximity. Hope they catch him quickly!

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on Yesterday at 12:19:44 PMWowser. So glad to see Wooby sneaking in. Please don't be a stranger, we miss ya!
Glad for the update on the kiddos.
 Morning all. I'm back at work. Our little town is all over the news and full of excitement and cops. Seems an Alabama bad guy killed someone, ran to Oklahoma and killed a few more, and decided he would stop in our little town to rest. FBI and other alphabet agencies spotted the car he had stolen from a murder victim, and the dude ghosted the motel. They have video of him buying camping equipment, and our area is perfect for that sort of thing..lots of wooded undeveloped areas. They are pretty sure he is camping around here. Guy has a nasty habit of walking up to motorists, shooting them and taking their car.
I've got my ladies being super watchful, and keeping their guns at ready.
Had bible study last night...summer sickness and vacation has struck the congregation. From a norm of 40sih down to low 30s last night. :pound:
And I am scheduled heavily today...on a day I don't wanna do anything. :pound:
This is why we can't have nice things, or lives.

You've been a cop. Why do you think people do stuff like this? It seems directly contradictory to their own best interest.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on Yesterday at 03:32:25 PMWe're about to invade Oklahoma and become Okies with Mini. EEK :o

Quoting this for memory...MUHAHAHAHA!

More Okies! Remember that Roscoe!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on Yesterday at 01:41:43 AMClearly, it's been too long since I stopped in. :o

The Cliff Notes update to my life:
- I closed the salsa business last December.
- The three minions are 7, almost 9, and 11. The oldest two ditched the pirate ship a few years ago, and are both living in Texas - one is engaged to be married this summer.
- The Pirate (AKA Tsalagi) still works for the post office, and is LOVING having an 11 yr old girl. The sheer volume of terrible Dad Jokes at our house would make even Mini and Roscoe proud.  :lol:

:beret:

*sniff*

Tell Tsalagi I'm proud of him for the dad jokes.  And I am pleased you remembered me, the dean of bad dad jokes.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller