News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

I'm at work. And I need to kick my coworker in the teeth. I'm ready to work with some normal people... And soon.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

MelodyB

That would be something none of us have ever seen her do. It would be quite a sight to see...

So...I'm havering three thanksgivings this year.

Tomorrow after work I'm dining with my aunt and her sister for a traditional turkey meal.
Friday I'm cooking a ham and joining the Toehays and MawMaw in the family get together.
Saturday afternoon (after Kira's 2nd birthday party) I'm going with my parents to Golden Corral.

:fork:

Gonna be a gluttonous weekend for most of us I'm sure. :) 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Kick somebody in the teeth?  Where are you working nowadays Chel?  Hope it's close to a dentist...

In local news, Dad is down from Kentucky.  Came down last night, will be here till Sunday.  :D :D :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. Don't mind too much since Lou has to work from noon until 9:30. At least by doing this, I'm guaranteed Christmas off. Co worker and I have pooled together for a decent dinner- steak, 7 layer salad, fresh bread, green bean wraps and buttermilk pie.
Enjoyed company of some friends from Livingston, Texas last night, too. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

1st night at my parents have went decent. I actually got to sleep in my bed and my cat actually stayed in there with me. My dad and I got up and cooked breakfast. Mom is gone to work til 2:30 [thanks CVS]. We have snow.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

People are insane. Totally nuts. I drove by Walmart on the way home. Every parking spot on the 5 acre lot  was full, people parking on the grass, and the nearby bank and other businesses' parking areas were full. People lined up all over the store, from what I could see. You'd have thought they were giving away new trucks, not $10 off of a $30 crockpot. Nutz. I just pray that my poor wife escapes without being trampled in the melee. And that's an honest prayer, not being facetious.
I love a bargain better than most, and have been called a skinflint among other things, because I'll bargain over lunch prices, but lands....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

one of our local Walmarts last year made national news when a fist fight broke out over a tv i believe.

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on November 28, 2014, 01:49:05 AM
one of our local Walmarts last year made national news when a fist fight broke out over a tv i believe.
Several  years back- like ten or more- Kim talked me into going with her to get my Daddy a DVD player that was on sale for $15. I had an old woman snatch it out of my hands while I was standing in line at the register. I snatched it back and told her I'd beat her down if she tried that again. She started to mouth, and one of the managers chose that moment to ask if any OTHER police officers were there. The old biddy asked if I were a police officer, then quickly removed herself from the area.
I told Kim next time I'd just pay the difference for Daddy's gift. It'd have to be cheaper than my bondsman would've charged to get me out of my own jail.... :laughhard:

Chseeads

I didn't do much of merit today other than tend fowl this morning and go to church tonight.  Otherwise, just loafed like a bum. 

We didn't fix any meal, since dad can't eat. 

Tomorrow I'll do the poop job, and then the apartment cleaning job since I didn't do it today to save running an extra trip to town.

MelodyB

Doesn't he eat at all? Is he on a feeding tube then?

My brother just bought 2 acres of land near his house and he is planning on pouring a concrete slab and storing his work trailer and their camper on it when he gets it mowed and cleaned up. Later he's gonna dig a pond on it and stock it with fish...but the first thing he is planning is building a chicken pen and getting about 10 laying hens.

This will be interesting.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 28, 2014, 12:49:26 AM
People are insane. Totally nuts. I drove by Walmart on the way home. Every parking spot on the 5 acre lot  was full, people parking on the grass, and the nearby bank and other businesses' parking areas were full. People lined up all over the store, from what I could see. You'd have thought they were giving away new trucks, not $10 off of a $30 crockpot. Nutz. I just pray that my poor wife escapes without being trampled in the melee. And that's an honest prayer, not being facetious.
I love a bargain better than most, and have been called a skinflint among other things, because I'll bargain over lunch prices, but lands....
For real. I have a friend who works at Wal-Mart and she worked yesterday.  (That probably means she's a good worker, as they make sure to have their A-team on hand at these times. Probably means your wife is a good worker too.) I sent her a text before she went to work: "Happy Thanksgiving.  Stay safe out there.  Don't get run over. Or tasered."  It happened you know - someone actually tasered someone over a black friday "deal." 

But it seems to me that time is money, and all the time they spent waiting in line for these "deals" would have been spent better somewhere else.  You can get better deals than these online, at any time. It seems they're not getting their time/money's worth.  Like driving 10 miles away to get gas 2 cents cheaper per gallon.  Disregarding the gas cost to drive that far, you're also spending more time.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Night number 2 survived. Thankfully my sister left last night because she had to work. Things got a little bad at dinner at my grandma's yesterday but only for about 15 minutes. I love when they gang up on my to tell me how horrible I am........  :roll:

Getting ready to pack up and head out. Have to work 12-5. We'll be dead though. Everyone will be too busy shopping to be getting their car serviced or repaired. I may come back Saturday evening just so I'm 10 minutes from church instead of 45.

Roscoe

Lou texts me from work this morning- " make homemade bread and Cowboy beans for me to take to mom's tonight. We're having our Thanksgiving dinner". Okay. I get up, make bread and cinnamon rolls, and have the fixings for the "cowboy beans" out when she texts me back. "Never mind. it's tomorrow." :pound: The cinnamon rolls won't keep. Mainly cause my will power ain't that strong.

Heather

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on November 28, 2014, 06:03:45 AM
Doesn't he eat at all? Is he on a feeding tube then?

No, not at all.  He's had a feeding tube for over a year, ever since he had the shingles in his ear and was in the hospital.  It damaged the nerves in his face and throat and rendered him unable to swallow.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Fortunantly,y'all weren't around. So I ate them. :hypocrite: Actually, a coworker who swears that I don't cook anything since I don't take them to work came by while they were piping hot and the icing was still drizzling. He scarfed down one, and took three with him "for later", as well as a loaf of homemade bread. He is now a believer..:lol:
And lands I am feeling blah. I just got up. Just now remembered today was a Peanut Brittle day at the church from 9 til noon. Probably no sense in going now.:sadbounce:

mini

I tried to text Roscoe. He should have answered. He will be jealous.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on November 29, 2014, 05:49:54 PM
I tried to text Roscoe. He should have answered. He will be jealous.
I have yet to receive a text.... :sadbounce:

Heather

Worked this morning. Had to stay in store and it wasn't nearly as horrible as I thought it would be. Got a quick [well quick for me...] run in afterwards. The rain clouds are meandering in. Doing homework here on campus before I head to my parents to stay the night.

Chseeads

Lynx

Dad came down from Kentucky.  Been here since Wednesday night.  He has to go back today.  He said he won't be able to come for Christmas.  He works at Red Cross, a blood drive coordinator, and they have shut down paid-time-off for the rest of the year.  But this week has been fun.
"Do you sing at church?"